3 days on a single charge with heavy usage of what? Use data the whole day and your 3500 mah battery won't last a day.

****Berry

This has always been the problem when discussing battery life. People post these claims and its only when you dig in to what they are really doing do you see that they are getting this incredible battery life because they aren't using the phone, or have a bunch of features turned off.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-18-17 04:01 AM
    This is the type of clarification that should be given any time someone says they are getting great battery life. No offense meant here at all, but not having a data plan is a huge battery saver and discussing battery life without clarifying this initially gives the impression that you are getting much better battery life than the phone is really capable of.
    I understand, which is why I made that clarification, so no offense taken. A few weeks ago, I saw another poster with over twelve hours. I'd be curious to know if he had a data plan in place.
    07-18-17 04:36 AM
    This has always been the problem when discussing battery life. People post these claims and its only when you dig in to what they are really doing do you see that they are getting this incredible battery life because they aren't using the phone, or have a bunch of features turned off.
    I totally agree, that's why I like the GSM Arena battery tests, because they use the same protocol for all devices.
    And their result for the KEYone is very good. Not many phone do better.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-17 06:03 AM
    I totally agree, that's why I like the GSM Arena battery tests, because they use the same protocol for all devices.
    And their result for the KEYone is very good. Not many phone do better.

Posted via CB10
    Actually there are tons of phones that do better according to their tests.
    07-18-17 06:34 AM
    I'm sitting on 6 percent, 28 hours after pulling it off the charger at 100 percent. heavy usage, constant VPN connection and my son watching at least 3 hours of you tube videos. best battery I have ever witnessed
    skinnymike1 and wincyUt like this.
    07-18-17 07:49 AM
    I'm sitting on 6 percent, 28 hours after pulling it off the charger at 100 percent. heavy usage, constant VPN connection and my son watching at least 3 hours of you tube videos. best battery I have ever witnessed
    Can you post your usage screen?
    07-18-17 07:58 AM
    yes how can I do this?
    07-18-17 07:59 AM
    I have the screenshot, how do I upload it to this thread?
    Last edited by Corey Lu; 07-18-17 at 08:12 AM.
    07-18-17 08:02 AM
    Thanks guys - I did a factory reset and I think it helped but I'm going to give it a few days and check back.
    07-18-17 12:13 PM
    07-18-17 01:36 PM
    try to disable background data on all your app it will help it alot
    07-18-17 01:38 PM
    Ok, here's what I don't get. What are you trying to show here? Your phone being idle is your biggest usage, which tells me that you are barely using the phone. Are you showing that by barely using it you are getting great battery life?
    skinnymike1 and cribble2k like this.
    07-18-17 04:10 PM
    Ok, here's what I don't get. What are you trying to show here? Your phone being idle is your biggest usage, which tells me that you are barely using the phone. Are you showing that by barely using it you are getting great battery life?
    I don't use my phone a lot at work
    07-18-17 04:17 PM
    I'm averaging 36-48 hours on a charge with anywhere from 10-12 hours SOT and a hour or so of talk in the mix.

My classic is lucky if it sees 24 hours on a charge.

WiFi on, BT on, screen on 25%, garbage signal at home, location off, and I don't participate in any social media at all.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-17 07:08 PM
    Thanks guys - I did a factory reset and I think it helped but I'm going to give it a few days and check back.
    I hope all will be well! Meanwhile this thread has gone to he'll :-). Let us know how it works out.
    07-18-17 07:20 PM
    How do u get through 2 days with the classic, i need to charge it everynight. Very minimal youtube use and no games/aps. You must have a very well preserved battery.
    07-19-17 07:56 AM
    Mine is doing 4 days and still having some power left. Ok it's off at night for 7 hours. Wifi is off. Only active App whatsapp. New mail is set to manually. I allways close apps after use. Screen brightness just a bit lower then default. Screen time-out 15 sec. No long conversaties. A bit of webbrowings. Updating and installing some apps. A couple of photos taken. So I'm happy with the battery usage.
    Last edited by Sander02; 07-19-17 at 12:20 PM. Reason: forgot something
    07-19-17 12:15 PM
    But now that I'm using it for a longer time with screen on browising with Firefox the drain is going fast.
    07-19-17 12:19 PM
    I'll acknowledge that maybe since the Classic didn't have the social media apps that the K1 does, the fact that I'm still able to go all day and still have a charge left is pretty impressive.
    However, after hearing other people gush over the battery life, I'm still pretty disappointed to lose 10%/hour (moderate/heavy usage). I am not sure how people are getting 2 and 3 full days when using heavily, I still need to put it on the charger every night. I also have never been able to boast more than 4 hours SOT and I've seen other people getting 9?? How??
    Is anyone else less than impressed? (Also worth noting that I love the phone and think the functionality is a huge improvement over my classic, so I'm not exactly complaining - just wondering if my expectations are a little unrealistic)
    Go back to your Classic - problem solved.
    07-19-17 12:23 PM
    Battery drain was not a big problem back in the day when they were replaceable and you could install a charged up spare if and when needed... at least in my experience.

Posted via BlackBerry® Classic SQC-100-3 / 10.3.3.1463
    GrandMobile likes this.
    07-19-17 12:32 PM
    OP, as with all BlackBerry releases you have to take the battery claims with a grain of salt. Dating all the way back to the Z10 people would claim these wild battery stats. Its widely accepted that the Priv battery stinks, but when that phone was launched people were chiming in with these insane battery numbers. If you don't use your phone much and turn off location services, and things like bluetooth you'll get great battery life that lasts for a couple of days. In actuality, if you are getting a good day out of the battery and having to charge before bed you're doing fine. I consider myself a heavy user and don't turn any of that off, because I need it and it seems a waste to me as its there to be used. I get about a days worth of battery which I'm fine with.

Point being, don't buy into the claims of "Heavy use and I get 3 days." Its not real and you'll never get it.
    Most people do not claim heavy use with 3 days of battery. It's either light use and 3 days or heavy use and still make it a full day or more. I keep my screen at 100% at all times (albeit with adaptive turned on), location services on, wifi on, mobile data on, etc, and with moderate use 2 days is normal. So that is good battery life in my opinion.
    07-19-17 07:39 PM
    Nobody claims heavy use with 3 days of battery. It's either light use and 3 days or heavy use and still make it a full day or more. I keep my screen at 100% at all times (albeit with adaptive turned on), location services on, wifi on, mobile data on, etc, and with moderate use 2 days is normal. So that is good battery life in my opinion.
    That is great battery life. And I'm not saying the K1 doesn't have that. I'm saying that people post these screen shots and say "I'm getting 2 or 3 days and I'm a heavy user" and their biggest usage is "phone idle."

The K1 has good battery life, not disputing that. But anyone who thinks that they are doing something wrong because they only get a days worth of usage because they actually use the phone shouldn't be disappointed because of what others post on here as world changing batter life. It's good, but it's a days worth if you use the phone regularly. I'm happy with that and don't expect more.
    mccorvey09 likes this.
    07-19-17 07:43 PM
    That is great battery life. And I'm not saying the K1 doesn't have that. I'm saying that people post these screen shots and say "I'm getting 2 or 3 days and I'm a heavy user" and their biggest usage is "phone idle."

The K1 has good battery life, not disputing that. But anyone who thinks that they are doing something wrong because they only get a days worth of usage because they actually use the phone shouldn't be disappointed because of what others post on here as world changing batter life. It's good, but it's a days worth if you use the phone regularly. I'm happy with that and don't expect more.
    I had to edit my comment because I realized there are a few who would claim that. But most of us who comment on the battery life of the device would not claim that, just that you'd get through at least one full day with heavy use, which is still very good. It reminds me of the Bold 9000 in terms of battery. Every phone since then would not survive a day of heavy use and the better ones would barely get by a day with moderate use... I had phones where even if you set it down and not touch it for a few days it would still die... I've gone 3 days with the KEYone before, but all three days I worked, so didn't really actively use the phone, just a little bit before and after work, so that counts as light use, but still more than I could say for the other phones I've had, lol.
    07-19-17 08:29 PM
    I had to edit my comment because I realized there are a few who would claim that. But most of us who comment on the battery life of the device would not claim that, just that you'd get through at least one full day with heavy use, which is still very good. It reminds me of the Bold 9000 in terms of battery. Every phone since then would not survive a day of heavy use and the better ones would barely get by a day with moderate use... I had phones where even if you set it down and not touch it for a few days it would still die... I've gone 3 days with the KEYone before, but all three days I worked, so didn't really actively use the phone, just a little bit before and after work, so that counts as light use, but still more than I could say for the other phones I've had, lol.
    Agreed.

It just bugs me when people post these wild battery stats and say "I'm a heavy user." What does that even mean? It such a subjective term. And to me if you aren't making a ton of phone calls on the device you really can't make a claim of being a heavy user as actually making calls on it is the biggest battery drainer. It leads to other people who actually do use the phone a ton to think that there is something wrong with theirs because they aren't getting two full days of battery like someone else is who doesn't use the phone much.
    07-20-17 04:58 AM
    Agreed.

It just bugs me when people post these wild battery stats and say "I'm a heavy user." What does that even mean? It such a subjective term. And to me if you aren't making a ton of phone calls on the device you really can't make a claim of being a heavy user as actually making calls on it is the biggest battery drainer. It leads to other people who actually do use the phone a ton to think that there is something wrong with theirs because they aren't getting two full days of battery like someone else is who doesn't use the phone much.
    Well, some people just get excited because they finally have a phone with a decent battery. Even being a BlackBerry user, most of their recent phones had less than stellar battery lives...
    07-20-17 09:44 AM
54 123