I'll acknowledge that maybe since the Classic didn't have the social media apps that the K1 does, the fact that I'm still able to go all day and still have a charge left is pretty impressive.
    However, after hearing other people gush over the battery life, I'm still pretty disappointed to lose 10%/hour (moderate/heavy usage). I am not sure how people are getting 2 and 3 full days when using heavily, I still need to put it on the charger every night. I also have never been able to boast more than 4 hours SOT and I've seen other people getting 9?? How??
    Is anyone else less than impressed? (Also worth noting that I love the phone and think the functionality is a huge improvement over my classic, so I'm not exactly complaining - just wondering if my expectations are a little unrealistic)
    Attached Thumbnails Not so impressed with battery - coming from classic-screenshot_20170717-145803.jpg   Not so impressed with battery - coming from classic-screenshot_20170717-145749.jpg  
    07-17-17 02:00 PM
    **SAME** not complaining, but I'm also not getting anywhere CLOSE to 3 days. I'm about the same, I can get a day MAYBE a day and half, and that's still really nice.
    07-17-17 03:18 PM
    I come from a Priv (which barely got me through the day) and a Classic (which got me through 2 days at best).
    With the same kind of use (heavy email use, some social media, and some phone calls) my Keyone's battery lasts 3 days ! I am impressed with this but I do admit that battery depends very much of the kind of use you give your phone.
    My comparison is, as I said, with the same kind of use for all 3 devices.
    07-17-17 03:27 PM
    Honestly if a phone can give you a through solid day worth of battery life, what more can you ask for?

Most people put their phones on the charger when they go home for bed anyway.
    vn425 and wincyUt like this.
    07-17-17 03:33 PM
    Looking at your screenshots the Android OS shouldn't be the biggest user of battery. You must have something running in the background using up your battery,
    07-17-17 03:59 PM
    I can get 2 good days with email & phone calls, with no social media sites, happy with that
    07-17-17 04:05 PM
    Looking at your screenshots the Android OS shouldn't be the biggest user of battery.
    Yeah, your screen should be leading the way, not the OS itself. You can try hunting down what it is but personally, I'd just wipe it and start fresh, especially if you didn't transfer anything from your Classic. That said, if you did... the transfer itself might have caused things to get messed up. Nothing good comes from using the Content Transfer app lol.
    07-17-17 04:07 PM
    I'll acknowledge that maybe since the Classic didn't have the social media apps that the K1 does, the fact that I'm still able to go all day and still have a charge left is pretty impressive.
    However, after hearing other people gush over the battery life, I'm still pretty disappointed to lose 10%/hour (moderate/heavy usage). I am not sure how people are getting 2 and 3 full days when using heavily, I still need to put it on the charger every night. I also have never been able to boast more than 4 hours SOT and I've seen other people getting 9?? How??
    Is anyone else less than impressed? (Also worth noting that I love the phone and think the functionality is a huge improvement over my classic, so I'm not exactly complaining - just wondering if my expectations are a little unrealistic)
    For what it's worth, I'm getting anywhere from 6-8 hours of SOT (unplugged by 7am; plugged sometime after 10pm). I was bummed at first after reading users getting 3-4 days. But tbh, to get that battery life with the way I use my Keyone is great. I have WiFi, Bluetooth, and location services on all the time. WiFi autoconnects at work and at home. Bluetooth is usually paired to my BeatsX between 8am-5pm streaming podcasts or for phone calls. And location services on mainly for Google maps. My iPhone SE would need a charge by noon lol. So if you're a light user and turn off services you don't need, I think 3-4 days off a single charge is definitely doable.
    wincyUt and ZedBee like this.
    07-17-17 04:23 PM
    when you say wipe it and start fresh, you mean totally backup and reset the device?

Thanks for everyone's input so far!
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-17-17 05:43 PM
    Looking at your screenshots the Android OS shouldn't be the biggest user of battery. You must have something running in the background using up your battery,
    Thanks for your input - if it shouldn't be the biggest use of battery, where exactly should it be? Like 1 or 2% of the total battery life?
    07-17-17 05:44 PM
    I think 3-4 days off a single charge is definitely doable.
    Certainly if you are a light user it can last 3-4 days. But is that a good reason to buy a $600 phone?
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-17-17 05:48 PM
    Thanks for your input - if it shouldn't be the biggest use of battery, where exactly should it be? Like 1 or 2% of the total battery life?
    From my experience on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ
    1% is usually what I see.
    07-17-17 05:50 PM
    It's very subjective. When I had BB10, Classic was unusable and I went back to the Passport.

In either case, apps like Skype if run in the background would kill the battery in hours. Yes BB10 own apps were pretty good but then I was hardly using the device.

KEYᵒⁿᵉ is good from Android standards. Throwing all of those apps that kill battery on other devices barely harm it. This is why you heard a lot of praises.

I'm a heavy user and my phone lasts me 1.5 days easily, although I do have to put the phone on charge on nights at 35-40%.
    wincyUt likes this.
    07-17-17 06:24 PM
    I have not seen the promised 2-3 days. I can go 1.5 days, basically, anytime, I think. maybe 2... but not guaranteed.

but the solid 1.5 is all anyone needs, IMHO. unless you're camping or something and have zero access to electricity. I don't like to get too low and risky... so I charge every night
    07-17-17 06:38 PM
    I have not seen the promised 2-3 days.
    Who made that promise?
    07-17-17 07:27 PM
    I can get almost 12 hours SOT on mine with brightness around 50%.

OP, if you don't want to do a reset, I would start investigating what apps are pulling so hard on your battery. But I have heard that many have had positive results from doing a wipe and starting clean.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-17 07:34 PM
    OP, as with all BlackBerry releases you have to take the battery claims with a grain of salt. Dating all the way back to the Z10 people would claim these wild battery stats. Its widely accepted that the Priv battery stinks, but when that phone was launched people were chiming in with these insane battery numbers. If you don't use your phone much and turn off location services, and things like bluetooth you'll get great battery life that lasts for a couple of days. In actuality, if you are getting a good day out of the battery and having to charge before bed you're doing fine. I consider myself a heavy user and don't turn any of that off, because I need it and it seems a waste to me as its there to be used. I get about a days worth of battery which I'm fine with.

Point being, don't buy into the claims of "Heavy use and I get 3 days." Its not real and you'll never get it.
    mccorvey09 and BigBadWulf like this.
    07-17-17 07:42 PM
    I can get almost 12 hours SOT on mine with brightness around 50%.

OP, if you don't want to do a reset, I would start investigating what apps are pulling so hard on your battery. But I have heard that many have had positive results from doing a wipe and starting clean.

Posted via CB10
    How many apps do you have installed? I have 135 apps as per Apps count in settings. I have put most of my apps on optimize. I get SOT of 8-9 hrs max. Over a 24 hr period. I'm happy though coming off a Note 4
    07-17-17 09:19 PM
    How many apps do you have installed? I have 135 apps as per Apps count in settings. I have put most of my apps on optimize. I get SOT of 8-9 hrs max. Over a 24 hr period. I'm happy though coming off a Note 4
    I have 117 apps installed. I've not fiddled with optimizing anything. I have adaptive brightness on. I don't have a data plan, though, only calls and texts and wi-fi data. I initially tried to do a Content Transfer, but my KeyOne wanted to reformat my SD card, which I didn't want to happen, so I just went with a clean install.
    07-17-17 09:52 PM
    Not using data might be the difference perhaps!

In two weeks I'll be on an international flight for 12 hours. That'll tell me the SOT in airplane mode

I have 117 apps installed. I've not fiddled with optimizing anything. I have adaptive brightness on. I don't have a data plan, though, only calls and texts and wi-fi data. I initially tried to do a Content Transfer, but my KeyOne wanted to reformat my SD card, which I didn't want to happen, so I just went with a clean install.
    07-17-17 10:14 PM
    For today's usage my OS took 9% (1h58m)and my SOT took 18% (5h38m).
    07-17-17 10:36 PM
    Certainly if you are a light user it can last 3-4 days. But is that a good reason to buy a $600 phone?
    Not sure where you're going with this but I wasn't complaining lol.
    07-17-17 10:37 PM
    Not sure where you're going with this but I wasn't complaining lol.
    Don't worry I use 8-10 hours of SOT each and every day. The point I was trying to make is that if all someone uses their phone for is an occasional phone call and a couple of messages a day then the strength of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ would be wasted!
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-17-17 10:59 PM
    3 days on a single charge with heavy usage of what? Use data the whole day and your 3500 mah battery won't last a day.

****Berry
    07-18-17 01:36 AM
    This is the type of clarification that should be given any time someone says they are getting great battery life. No offense meant here at all, but not having a data plan is a huge battery saver and discussing battery life without clarifying this initially gives the impression that you are getting much better battery life than the phone is really capable of.
    Barbareren and skinnymike1 like this.
    07-18-17 04:00 AM
54 123