My first ten days with the Keyone: Exterior hardware is excellent and defect free.

Set up: Very problematic: AT&T Sim. No LTE, AT&T apps would not function properly, weak reception, No Wifi calling, Crackberry App won't allow sign it.

Resolution: LTE: Spoof IMEI for an AT&T branded phone to solve LTE problem; AT&T Apps: originally set phone up with Android Beam/NFC from Priv-had to wipe phone to factory, set up from scratch;

Unresolved: Wifi calling (waiting to see whether phone can be whitelist) Crackberry App (when Google sign is attempted, get error message).

Time Spent. Two full days on phone, at AT&T store, etc., sending message to Crackberry

Those of us who have and even knew about the Keyone are obviously interested in productivity. Having to spend so much time on set up tells me BlackBerry Mobile didn't do enough testing before release. Because AT&T is the major GSM in the US, one would have thought at least most of these issues would have been caught prior to launch. Blaming AT&T alone doesn't fly.

The lack of wi-fi calling is a possible deal killer due to the Keyone dropping calls where my Priv did not.

Emailing is great on the phone, software is great.

So, that's it for now, still hanging in there but aggravated.
    06-12-17 01:30 PM
    I hope all the carriers can have the phone working as a branded one. Interested to see your outcome. Good luck.
    06-12-17 01:43 PM
    Any noticeable concerns with reception?
    06-12-17 01:44 PM
    I'm curious what testing BBMo could have done if AT&T doesn't allow LTE and Wi-Fi Calling on devices they don't sell? The reason for the IMEI spoofing for LTE is because of AT&T, correct? The wait for whitelisting for Wi-Fi Calling is because of AT&T, correct? If spoofing allows for LTE, then the phone works with LTE, but didn't before because of AT&T. The whitelisting is an obvious AT&T restriction.

I'm on T-Mobile. 4GLTE right away. I switched on Wi-Fi Calling with Wi-Fi Only and made a call. Works and really clear. My only issue right now is how to switch off the cell radio without having to go into Airplane Mode, which prevents Wi-Fi Calling. It's all limitations of Android. Normal routine with the Z30: Go into office, switch off cell radio in Quick Settings, Z30 goes into Wi-Fi Calling mode. Now, I need to find an equivalent, which isn't a KEYone fault, but an Android one.
    06-12-17 02:11 PM
    I'm curious what testing BBMo could have done if AT&T doesn't allow LTE and Wi-Fi Calling on devices they don't sell? The reason for the IMEI spoofing for LTE is because of AT&T, correct? The wait for whitelisting for Wi-Fi Calling is because of AT&T, correct? If spoofing allows for LTE, then the phone works with LTE, but didn't before because of AT&T. The whitelisting is an obvious AT&T restriction.

I'm on T-Mobile. 4GLTE right away. I switched on Wi-Fi Calling with Wi-Fi Only and made a call. Works and really clear. My only issue right now is how to switch off the cell radio without having to go into Airplane Mode, which prevents Wi-Fi Calling. It's all limitations of Android. Normal routine with the Z30: Go into office, switch off cell radio in Quick Settings, Z30 goes into Wi-Fi Calling mode. Now, I need to find an equivalent, which isn't a KEYone fault, but an Android one.
    Settings, more, cellular networks. Not a blackberry though.

06-12-17 02:30 PM
    I don't understand the original post. I've been using an unlocked Dtek60 on ATT and I've never had a single problem. Why would the KeyOne be any different? The bands are the same. Please educate me. Maybe I don't understand.
    06-12-17 02:44 PM
    Settings, more, cellular networks. Not a blackberry though.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7ad5ebb0d4.jpg
    Sorry, I'm still not clear how to turn off the cell radio from this menu.

Mine looks different (which explains your "not blackberry though"):

Data services while romaing: Off
    Preferred network type
    IMS settings
    Access Point Names
    Network carrier
    CSG carriers
    06-12-17 03:15 PM
    Not sure. When I turn data enabled off on mine and turn WiFi off I have no connection. Maybe it's buried somewhere else in your settings.

Maybe that isn't even turning the phone off.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 06-12-17 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Add
    06-12-17 03:24 PM
    Tried to make a call with that off and WiFi off and it went thru. So now I wonder if it's possible.
    06-12-17 03:28 PM
    Just to close-out my desire to turn off the cell radio and still have Wi-Fi Calling:

As of update AAL964, it's possible to turn ON Airplane mode (which turns off the cell radio), switch back ON wi-fi, and have Wi-Fi Calling work. Previously, turning ON Airplane mode, switching back ON wi-fi, produced a message requesting that Airplane mode be OFF to use Wi-Fi Calling. Basically, this has been fixed. Further, AAL964 provides a Wi-Fi Calling icon to indicate its status, ON/OFF.

Normal routine with Z30: go into office, switch off cell radio in Quick Settings, Wi-Fi Calling mode activates since I have Wi-Fi Calling Preferred

Now, normal routine with KEYone: go into office, toggle Airplane mode, switch back on wi-fi, Wi-Fi Calling mode activates since I have Wi-Fi Calling Preferred
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-14-17 06:34 PM
    My first ten days with the Keyone: Exterior hardware is excellent and defect free.

Set up: Very problematic: AT&T Sim. No LTE, AT&T apps would not function properly, weak reception, No Wifi calling, Crackberry App won't allow sign it.

Resolution: LTE: Spoof IMEI for an AT&T branded phone to solve LTE problem; AT&T Apps: originally set phone up with Android Beam/NFC from Priv-had to wipe phone to factory, set up from scratch;

Unresolved: Wifi calling (waiting to see whether phone can be whitelist) Crackberry App (when Google sign is attempted, get error message).

Time Spent. Two full days on phone, at AT&T store, etc., sending message to Crackberry

Those of us who have and even knew about the Keyone are obviously interested in productivity. Having to spend so much time on set up tells me BlackBerry Mobile didn't do enough testing before release. Because AT&T is the major GSM in the US, one would have thought at least most of these issues would have been caught prior to launch. Blaming AT&T alone doesn't fly.

The lack of wi-fi calling is a possible deal killer due to the Keyone dropping calls where my Priv did not.

Emailing is great on the phone, software is great.

So, that's it for now, still hanging in there but aggravated.
    I turned off voice over LTE and the phone doesn't drop calls anymore . I'm on Rogers in Ontario.
    06-14-17 06:52 PM