Tell that to all the users who don't have a blackberry and have the issue. Conspiracy Theories because BlackBerry Mobile somehow thinks that creating and ignoring the problem is a good business model!
    08-18-17 11:22 AM
    flashing bootloader will delete all data?
    08-18-17 11:45 AM
    Just because you don't like the answer doesn't make it wrong it just makes you too lazy to open your eyes and read some forums on Google
    hop on android central then. ive been browsing and cant find any threads related to notifications. other than the oneplus thread you found which has roughly one post a month, i dont see anything and that was happening way back in the beginning of the year, where our problem, like so so many have been stating that you arent seeing, started with the late june patch AAL964.
    08-18-17 12:03 PM
    Here is just the first page some have many posts under them and they go on pages deep
    Attached Thumbnails Not getting push notifications-3546.jpg  
    08-18-17 12:16 PM
    Here is just the first page some have many posts under them and they go on pages deep
    you may be a lost cause. did you even read those threads? the first one is for a specific app (6ya). the next one, again a specific app (gmail) bonus points for another oneplus thread. the next one is for the S7 and not seeing anything based on that image for a notification issue, not to mention its from feb 22. and then the last one for the S7 is where they are getting too many notifications.

Its a problem with our phone and with our latest patches. Not Google
    Alan Morford and megafan2000 like this.
    08-18-17 12:24 PM
    Am I wrong to think that the notification problem is related to Android 7?
    I am thinking like you.
    08-18-17 12:26 PM
    Okay. So no Google code in the patches thanks for making that clear. i am sitting next to a android developer and he is just shaking his head and smiling at that response
    08-18-17 12:31 PM
    The Android Nuga has been a problem since the beginning!
    08-18-17 12:33 PM
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/forums....ing.html%3famp

"Broken Push Notifications On The Galaxy S8

May 5, 2017*4:29*AM*39,867*

The Galaxy S8 is a gorgeous device but breaks your push*[+]

In the smartphone realm, Chinese brands have made great strides in recent years. Huawei, Xiaomi, OnePlus and Meizu all*make excellent, top-notch*hardware with good-to-great*software (that offer way more customization than what you’d find on Samsung or HTC devices), and even brands with software I’m less fond of — Vivo, Oppo, Gionee — are improving by the month.*The low-end budget phones can still feel cheap and plasticky and underpowered, but use any flagship device from Xiaomi or Huawei or Meizu and the experience is more less the same as a higher-profile phone by Apple or Samsung. In fact, I’d argue that Huawei makes better and more premium-feeling hardware than Apple or Samsung (not counting the stunning S8 with the slim bezels).

One area that Chinese phones haven’t fixed — and I’m not even sure they will fix because they may see this more as a feature than a problem — is broken push notifications. For some reason, every Chinese phone has a very aggressive battery saving software feature that shuts down app when it’s not being used. That means if you have, say, the Facebook app closed, and someone leaves a comment on your profile photo, you’re not going to get a notification about that until you next open the app. This isn’t that big a deal for apps with superficial, non-important notifications — it’s not the end of the world if you don’t get notified that someone liked your selfie on Instagram right away — but for messaging apps like WeChat, WhatsApp, it’s infuriating and potentially career/life-changing."

I can't cut and paste all of them but I can say that plenty of posts are out there.
    08-18-17 12:56 PM
    Okay. So no Google code in the patches thanks for making that clear. i am sitting next to a android developer and he is just shaking his head and smiling at that response
    If this was a bug that accidentally slipped into Google's July AOSP security patch, then all devices would suffer the same way. They don't.

Do yourself a favour and give it up.
    08-18-17 01:00 PM
    I think I will go with the direction of a developer over your opinion. I personally don't care. I figure just like the Bluetooth issue they will get it fixed. By all means find someone to point your anger at. In the end it will get resolved when they figure it out. The Evil BlackBerry developers sitting in a dark room trying to make sure you don't get your notifications is ridiculous.
    Bart Brewinski likes this.
    08-18-17 01:05 PM
    I think I will go with the direction of a developer over your opinion. I personally don't care. I figure just like the Bluetooth issue they will get it fixed. By all means find someone to point your anger at. In the end it will get resolved when they figure it out. The Evil BlackBerry developers sitting in a dark room trying to make sure you don't get your notifications is ridiculous.
    I'm not angry. At all.

I too believe it will be fixed (by BlackBerry).

I do not believe it is intentional.
    08-18-17 01:15 PM
    I can personally can vouch to a problem in Android 7 because I work for a very large school and we have several hundred IOS and Android devices that range from phones to tablets. I don't have any notification issues with my IOS devices but both phones and tablets that have 7.0 get tickets for notification issues even our tablets. In the district we have one Keyone and he keeps good company with our other android devices that don't get notifications
    08-18-17 01:27 PM
    Just because you don't like the answer doesn't make it wrong it just makes you too lazy to open your eyes and read some forums on Google
    Well, I have galaxy 8+ and 7 for my wife, and both has nougat and no notification problems even once. Actually, her galaxy 8+ had notification issue with two of her apps but it got resolved soon after I excluded those two apps from battery optimization. Which meant that it was a simple user error with configuration.

On the other hands, all 4 keyones that I have had(due to ****ed up screen) all had no notification problem after june update. And connection reset, factory reset, excluding all my apps from battery optimization, and using taskar to monitor my notification all failed to resolve the problem. Since it is not a user error that can be resolved by doing something proper.

It is obviously blackberry only problem whether you want to accept it or not. And yes... I did my own research on the web to see if other android devices with nougat all has similar issue like u claimed, and I didn't find so. A few people has notification issue and got it fixed by others suggestion.

Please stop religiously advocating for the blackberry. It had so ****ed up screen problem that didnt get fixed until very recently, bad reception issue comparing to previous blackberries, unresponsive soft touch key issue(most common to recent square key), and so on.

I'm keeping this KEYᵒⁿᵉ only for one reason since there is no alternatives ; Physical keyboard! . But besides it, it has definitely less than average phone quality comparing to those from Chinese manufacturers .

I don't even want to compare this to apple or samsung. It is not even qualified for that.
    08-18-17 01:27 PM
    Then by all means go buy something else. That's what most people do when they are unhappy. I agree they are not perfect if you paid any attention to the forums you will see I had two screen replacements so I think I am familiar with issues probably more than you . You are full of it if you think no other phone has issues with notifications. I work on them all day long and know for a fact that other devices have the issue. I never ever said it was a user issue. I have an IPhone 7 assigned to me and I have no problem saying I don't ever feel I need to use it over the blackberry I carry it because I am required to but I use my Keyone and I like it better. Since you clearly don't think it can compare to an iPhone as you said maybe you should buy an iPhone
    Last edited by Oiche-Shamhna; 08-18-17 at 01:56 PM.
    08-18-17 01:33 PM
    I can personally can vouch to a problem in Android 7 because I work for a very large school and we have several hundred IOS and Android devices that range from phones to tablets. I don't have any notification issues with my IOS devices but both phones and tablets that have 7.0 get tickets for notification issues even our tablets. In the district we have one Keyone and he keeps good company with our other android devices that don't get notifications
    My S8+ has no issues with notifications... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    zephyr613 likes this.
    08-18-17 02:40 PM
    It's very strange that it only affects specific Apps, not even all third-party, most of them work fine. Don't know whats so special about them...
    08-18-17 02:43 PM
    well, I had three keyones with all lifted screen and got them replaced, this is how I have my 4th KEYᵒⁿᵉ on my hand now. and I am the 3rd person who reported the screen issue in this forum when people are still arguing whether fallen out screen could be real or not.

so... I guess it's not quite correct to say that you are familiar with this issue more than I do because you had two phones with the same issue.

I have used and owned almost every blackberry since 2003 starting with curve. and this is the first blackberry with so many critical issues out of all. I really want to use a quality keyboard phone since I'm already spoiled with the pkb experience. thats why I'm still using the KEYᵒⁿᵉ while complaining here rather than ditching it for samsung or apple.

honestly, I do not remember having any issues with old blackberry phones ever until passport.

I had to replace passport twice under warranty one with twisted body frame making the phone to squeak on handling after 6 months of use and the other one due to screen lifting after 14 months use. but it was after relatively long time of use,so I didn't care much.

priv had rather serious mechanical issues such as poor gps, creaky back cover, and not responding mute button with mines. so I had to replace it with new one under the warranty. but it at least did not represent the same problem after replacement.

now with keyone, I'm getting mechanical issue and software issue that are reoccurring even after replacement after replacement. I hope that screen issue is addressed with my most recent replacement since it has built date of july 25th.

am I the only one who is seeing this quality issue getting worse and worse each year? am I supposed to point out the exact problems and status of blackberry as a long time royal customer? pretending as if there is no problem with KEYᵒⁿᵉ is not gonna help neither blackberry nor users.

if samsung or apple actually makes nice quality physical keyboard phone anytime soon, I will buy that in the heartbeat to try out. but at this given point, KEYᵒⁿᵉ is the only one that fits my needs besides this very critical notification issue.
    08-18-17 02:48 PM
    here's what I know. I've had several blackberries that have had major issues two passports that had broken cameras many blackberries that had broken track ball sockets software issues hardware issues a priv that had screen and heat issues , iPhone's with antenna gate we often forget how much of these amazing little devices are doing how much coding is taking place to keep them working I don't think anyone saying that there's a problem coming in to the Forum and stating you have a problem my point was that many other phones also are having problems take the Bluetooth issue when it first started happening it was after I got an update so when I first got the keyone it didn't have a Bluetooth issue until after I got the update. I also had another phone it to had the Bluetooth issue both did the same thing eventually my other phone got an update and started working shortly after that we got this update and now my keyone is working so who fixed it was it BlackBerry or was it Samsung or was it combination of Google and the manufacturer I would say it's probably the latter the reason I think this is Google came out and said that they knew they had a Bluetooth issue and believe that they had a correction for it and will be releasing it both phones got that fixed one was released as a Blackberry update so was that blackberry's issue or was it Googles issue or as I would contend both their issues because they both work together to come out with those updates just as my Bluetooth got fixed I assume that at some point the notifications will get fixed and I believe that it will be done through an update that probably was work on by both Google and blackberry
    08-18-17 03:07 PM
    here's what I know I've had several blackberries that have had major issues two passports that had broken cameras many blackberries that had broken track ball sockets software issues hardware issues iPhone with antenna gate we often forget how much of these amazing little devices are doing how much coding is taking place to keep them working I don't think anyone saying that there's a problem coming in to the Forum and stayed in you have a problem my point was that many other phones also are having problems take the Bluetooth issue when it first started happening was after I got an update so when I first got the keyone it didn't have a Bluetooth issue until after I got an update I had another phone it to had the Bluetooth issue both did the same thing eventually my other phone got an update and started working shortly after that we got this update and now my keyone is working so who fixed it was it BlackBerry or was it Samsung or was it combination of Google and the manufacturer I would say it's probably the latter the reason is is it Google came out and said that they knew they had a Bluetooth issue and believe that they had a correction for it and will be releasing it both phones got that fixed one was released as a Blackberry update so was that blackberry's issue or was it Googles issue or as I would contend both their issues because they both work together to come out with those updates just as my Bluetooth got fixed I assume that at some point the notifications will get fixed and I believe that it will be done through an update that probably was work on by both Google and blackberry
    Don't forget the non-functional period issue you're currently having. Ever thought about getting a flip phone from the 90s?
    08-18-17 03:09 PM
    Well, it's probably blackberries fault that the voice to text isn't putting them in. Since I am driving through most of today it may be an issue but thanks for showing us your petty nature
    Alan Morford likes this.
    08-18-17 03:12 PM
    Hah, judging by that profile picture that's what you are using
    08-18-17 03:13 PM
    Hah, judging by that profile picture that's what you are using
    Don't knock the infamous Palm Centro selfie circa 2009!
    08-18-17 03:19 PM
    How do you get to developer options?
    Thanks!
    08-19-17 08:51 AM
    How do you get to developer options?
    Thanks!
    Settings > About phone, then keep tapping the build number until the "You are now a developer!" message pops up. Then go back to the main settings screen and Developer options should be at the bottom.
    08-19-17 08:54 AM
551 ... 1213141516 ...