Notifications fixed, falling in love with this device all over again.
    Daruba and gritsinct like this.
    09-08-17 07:20 PM
    Anyone ran the autoloader? I really want to do it but hoping someone else has tried it first!
    09-08-17 07:38 PM
    Confirmed. Sep patch AAO472 squashes the background/notification bug.
    I'm on my 3rd day with the KEYone, and yes, the notifications issue is a problem for me, too, so this is good to know.

But I guess I have to wait a few more weeks for the September update boo hehe

So, this issue is a Nougat thing? I came from a DTEK and it was alright with the Marshmallow
    09-08-17 08:05 PM
    I'm on my 3rd day with the KEYone, and yes, the notifications issue is a problem for me, too, so this is good to know.

But I guess I have to wait a few more weeks for the September update boo hehe

So, this issue is a Nougat thing? I came from a DTEK and it was alright with the Marshmallow
    Not a Nougat thing. It's just an OS bug.
    09-08-17 09:17 PM
    Just got the ATT Space black and immediately noticed the notification issues, have spent the last several days trying to figure out what I need to configure, finally came here and found that it's not just me. Any word on when the Sept update will be avail on ATT?

Also, prob dumb question, are the update versions the same on all carriers or does each have a different identification? (i.e. will the ATT update also be called AAO472 ?)

FYI, my phone came with or upgraded in setup to Ver. AAN596
    09-09-17 02:36 PM
    September update fixed notifications for me. Every single one works. Now I'm just left with the dot.
    gritsinct likes this.
    09-09-17 02:44 PM
    Just got the ATT Space black and immediately noticed the notification issues, have spent the last several days trying to figure out what I need to configure, finally came here and found that it's not just me. Any word on when the Sept update will be avail on ATT?

Also, prob dumb question, are the update versions the same on all carriers or does each have a different identification? (i.e. will the ATT update also be called AAO472 ?)

FYI, my phone came with or upgraded in setup to Ver. AAN596
    You will probably get something a few numbers higher than 472. They usually make a separate build for AT&T, a few weeks behind.
    Diceyann likes this.
    09-09-17 02:45 PM
    September update fixed notifications for me. Every single one works. Now I'm just left with the dot.
    Which now seems to be a design choice.
    09-09-17 02:46 PM
    Which now seems to be a design choice.
    Well, it's an ugly design choice.
    09-09-17 07:12 PM
    Hmm, it's still not working for me for some apps. Can you try this:
    1. Install Pandora
    2. Within Pandora, set an alarm for a few minutes in the future
    3. Close Pandora
    4. Check if the alarm rings with your music station.

This didn't work for me.
    09-10-17 01:00 PM
    Hmm, it's still not working for me for some apps. Can you try this:
    1. Install Pandora
    2. Within Pandora, set an alarm for a few minutes in the future
    3. Close Pandora
    4. Check if the alarm rings with your music station.

This didn't work for me.
    Didn't work for me, probably a pandora bug.
    09-10-17 01:20 PM
    notification/background fix confirmed for at least five apps + keeping vpn sessions alive after closing app
    09-10-17 02:06 PM
    Didn't work for me, probably a pandora bug.
    I doubt it's a bug in Pandora. The same version of Pandora works fine with a $50 no-brand phone running Nougat.

The other issue I notice is that apps like DuoAuth need to be started and closed at least once after a reboot for notifications to show up. I couldn't reproduce this consistently though.

I think there are some pending issues still.
    09-10-17 06:20 PM
    Since I am on ATT, who knows how long before we get the update, so I was trying the "fix" of leaving apps open, but discovered that only 7 stay open at a time. I saw you are supposed to be able to lock them, but I do not see the lock, only an "X" which closes them (perhaps I am in the wrong spot).

-Sorry if this was answered, this thread has become quite long.

So there is no consistency with this work around. Anyone know how to fix the issue? I actually like it otherwise, I used to always forget to close apps, but for now, I would like to keep them open.
    09-10-17 07:04 PM
    Confirmed. Sep patch AAO472 squashes the background/notification bug.
    same here, confirmed
    09-12-17 07:39 AM
    I am at AAM625 with Telus and still no notifications. Am I looking at the correct spot for the build number? Settings, about, build number AAM625. Also if I go to the updates app AAM625 is reported there with no updates available.
    09-12-17 10:08 AM
    I'm having the notifications issue with Tapatalk...notifications not showing up at all in the notifications bar...this just started happening a day or two ago (was working perfectly fine prior to that). All other notifications are working. I updated the phone with the Sept. update, tried uninstalling/reinstalling Tapatalk, but still no push notifications. Any ideas what the issue may be?
    09-12-17 12:57 PM
    Hello. this problem appeared with the latest update from Tapatalk. ie it is relevant to the application.
    09-12-17 12:59 PM
    Hello. this problem appeared with the latest update from Tapatalk. ie it is relevant to the application.
    Yep, I figured it was the app that was causing the issue, thanks! So not much we can do until another update/fix rolls out for Tapatalk?
    09-12-17 01:12 PM
    Yep, I figured it was the app that was causing the issue, thanks! So not much we can do until another update/fix rolls out for Tapatalk?
    Delete the installed tapaTalk apk and install the following.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/tapata...load/download/
    FF22 and pharmajay#CB like this.
    09-13-17 08:54 AM
    I am concerned.
    I got a brand new K1 2 days ago, on AAN358. The latest AAO... is not yet available for me.
    Emails sometimes do not trigger any notifications, but mostly do.
    Telegram, which is critical for me, shows strange behavior: the LED always gets triggered, but no sound, not even when the app stays open (to be precise: sound did get triggered, once or twice on day one, but never again since then). Sound does basically work, as other apps do trigger it.
    Is that 'regular' notification bug behavior? I thought that the bug prevents both notifications from being triggered, sound and LED.
    If yes, I can wait for the update to appear. If no, I'm concerned this might be a different problem.
    09-14-17 01:35 PM
    Hey guys, I'm not receiving a notification badge (little red star/splat) on the HUB icon when I receive a new text message. It shows up on the Textra icon, but not the HUB. Is this a known issue and if so, is there a fix for it? Thanks!
    09-14-17 03:11 PM
    Telegram, which is critical for me,
    Same here. Im on sprint and god only knows when theyll push out the latest update thats supposed to have fixed this problem. I had to go back to my iphone until its released Its amazing to me that a phone people keep calling great for business and productivity would miss a notification bug.
    09-14-17 06:47 PM
    Personally, I am ready to bounce this phone off a wall. I had one of the early deliveries from Amazon and I am on ATT. Never had an issue until an August update.

Since then, The Hub manages to freeze, become unresponsive, won't update, Mark items read or delete them properly. I can't even remember the last time a Facebook notification worked correctly. I followed along for the September update which came this week OTA. I am currently running AA0472 and can say NOTHING has been fixed. Maybe the Hub doesn't lock up as fast but it still doesn't work.

All apps are up to date, I have restarted, turned off, etc. etc. I use my phone for work not games with maybe 10 apps on the phone in total.

I am running out of patience with this thing. I had a 4-6 hour delay in getting my emails and nearly lost out on a business deal. I am just about done with this thing...
    Last edited by Junior-1; 09-15-17 at 07:41 PM.
    09-15-17 07:17 PM
    haven't had any issues with "push" ......make sure your settings are right
    09-15-17 08:43 PM
551 ... 1819202122 ...