I have a Priv and I cant get push notifications working properly for Facebook App. I do get few notifications (eg. Event feed), but never get for instance on updates made by Friends. I have tried soooo many tricks, read lot of the forums, but still not working... So frustrating.
    08-25-17 10:50 AM
    I previously contacted Blackberry support about this, who told me it was a known issue and requested I send a bug report when I knew a notification should be showing and instructions on how to replicate it.

Today I just received this mail:

This issue with the device is known and escalated with our Development department. They have told us that the issue will be fixed through a future update, but they were not able to provide an estimated time of arrival for this particular fix.

If you are not sure which is the latest update, I recommend you to force the update by accessing the Dialer app, typing *#*#2432546#*#* - a notification saying “checkin succeeded” should appear in the Notification Area – please access the Updates app and tap on Check for updates.
    Just posting this here as I though some of you may find it reassuring that they're aware of it and working on it, although the lack of an estimate is a little disappointing.
    It may be a good idea for everyone to submit tickets with them so they can collect information about it and hopefully resolve it quicker.
    08-25-17 10:53 AM
    That's good to hear. Sounds like September update it may be. Hopefully they sneak it into some of the August carrier updates. Wishful thinking perhaps.
    08-25-17 12:53 PM
    anyone getting a few more push notifications roll in since the BlackBerry App suite updates? I've gotten MLB At Bat and weather notifications today. haven't had those since June
    antonrr likes this.
    08-25-17 07:42 PM
    We'll likely see a fix when Oreo arrives sometime next year.
    08-25-17 08:25 PM
    Yep! FOX Sports is working again after all the BlackBerry updates. No Weather Channel though.
    08-25-17 09:41 PM
    so out of no where all of a sudden my Instagram notifications are now working....so weird!
    08-25-17 11:26 PM
    even after the BB suite updates, I still do not get push notification for Facebook app.
    08-26-17 02:22 AM
    well, no hangout and no facebook and no kakaotalk.

this is supposed to be business+ communication tool, and I can not communicate with people other than through texting, calling, and email. I'm back to 2003 or 2004 when I first started using blackberry pearl.
    08-26-17 08:41 AM
    so out of no where all of a sudden my Instagram notifications are now working....so weird!
    Yeah, i noticed some notifications start to work but some still don't. I'm going to switch if September doesn't bring a total solution. As a business device worthless if notifications are not working for some apps.
    08-26-17 10:27 AM
    Check battery optimization for the apps
    Trouble ... some of the batter optimization shutoff as well as the accessibility permission do NOT stick or survive reboot... pfft !!! BlackBerry makes all good things return rapidly to disappointment...
    08-26-17 12:32 PM
    Some say the notifications work well. is this true? Please confirm.
    08-26-17 05:15 PM
    They do not.
    0524432 likes this.
    08-26-17 05:19 PM
    The ad slogan "Do More. Different" takes on a whole new meaning in light of the KEYone's notification woes.
    08-26-17 08:56 PM
    I haven't tried anything but have seen after recent BlackBerry Services update and many others, the notifications are working again.

Just tried Allo, as I barely use it. And it worked fine. So I didn't even open the app and it came through.
    08-26-17 09:49 PM
    Not to be confirmed. These updates of e.g. BB Hub Services had the same effect as resetting the network settings. At first, notifications popped up with apps closes. But once you open them and close again, or you restart your phone: same notification problem.

Went back to the PRIV. This is nonsense. Since 2 1/2 months now ...
    08-27-17 01:18 AM
    Not to be confirmed. These updates of e.g. BB Hub Services had the same effect as resetting the network settings. At first, notifications popped up with apps closes. But once you open them and close again, or you restart your phone: same notification problem.

Went back to the PRIV. This is nonsense. Since 2 1/2 months now ...
    Not really, so far it's been good. I have restarted my phone as well. They're working fine for me so far. Will report back if it doesn't.
    08-27-17 01:30 AM
    Not really, so far it's been good. I have restarted my phone as well. They're working fine for me so far. Will report back if it doesn't.
    Interesting. It works for me only one time after a restart. But when opening the app one time, and then close it: no more notifications.
    08-27-17 02:41 AM
    Interesting. It works for me only one time after a restart. But when opening the app one time, and then close it: no more notifications.
    Got a notification for this post as well from Tapatalk.
    08-27-17 03:13 AM
    Yeah it's pretty intermittent. Got USA Today and New York Times notifications yesterday and a Daily Horoscope this morning. Probably won't get them again today. Good thing I wasn't getting ESPN notifications last night so I wouldn't be bothered by that sham.

By the way, on the Priv, the most recent update occasionally pushes don't come through until I wake it up, then they all flood in.
    08-27-17 07:18 AM
    It appears that a phone restart resets getting the notifications working again. Using "Clear All " in the Recent App screen seems to kill all (if not most) notifications and/or terminating an app seems to kill the notifcations for that app. If I don't use Clear All or terminate an app, seems to work fine.
    08-28-17 09:00 AM
    They work good if you don't open the apps with some apps after phone restart. It's like they are being loaded /started into background and survive then. So whatever kills them gets loaded after.
    Memory management too harsh? Probably not... something that gets loaded into the active OS after bootup that ignores things running in background already, but kills everything else that should be moved to background.
    As network resets, core apps updates etc temporarily solve the issue, at least for some apps, it means it removes whatever in the OS is causing it for a while before it gets started again.
    How difficult is to pinpoint a service in Android that causes this?
    08-28-17 09:58 AM
    For the Facebook App of my BB Priv, for a long time now, I have only been getting push notification when "someone is interested in an event near you", or when "a friend of mine has birthday". But never get notification re. "Updates From Friends" (despite all required attributes enabled), which would be the most important to me . So, is this to be expected that one of the near-future software updates will fix that hopefully? How about doing a factory reset - could that help fixing this issue?
    08-29-17 04:19 AM
    For the Facebook App of my BB Priv, for a long time now, I have only been getting push notification when "someone is interested in an event near you", or when "a friend of mine has birthday". But never get notification re. "Updates From Friends" (despite all required attributes enabled), which would be the most important to me . So, is this to be expected that one of the near-future software updates will fix that hopefully? How about doing a factory reset - could that help fixing this issue?
    no. Unfortunately this is an OS problem and the factory settings are not resetting the solution. we will wait.
    08-29-17 04:30 AM
    no. Unfortunately this is an OS problem and the factory settings are not resetting the solution. we will wait.
    Confirmed. A factory reset did not help.
    08-29-17 05:07 AM
551 ... 1516171819 ...