Relax. I predict this will be resolved by mid Aug at the latest. I agree it's frustrating however that BBMobile has chosen to not follow up in so long.
    08-07-17 02:31 PM
    this is re flip u lust - hoping for more adhesive - does anyone know if it's vegan glue?
    08-07-17 08:03 PM
    Relax. I predict this will be resolved by mid Aug at the latest. I agree it's frustrating however that BBMobile has chosen to not follow up in so long.
    Here's hoping your right.
    Since they said they were working on it then pushed another update that didn't help, it kind of feels like they forgot. I guess we wait for the Aug update before we start the riots.
    08-08-17 10:21 AM
    I have AAN355 (August update?) and every single one of my "after-market add-on" apps that were previously capable of notifications are now uselessly silent. I am only getting Calendar, Phone, SMS, Twitter, and YouTube notifications. (For Facebook I just use the mobile website instead of the app, so I cannot speak to those notifications working or not).

I have a handy little app called "BlipBlip" that used to chime on the hour. That's now a thing of the past.

My "Habit Tracker" app used to popup reminders of all my reoccurring events. It has stopped doing that.

My "GQueues" app used to popup additional task reminders. Now it's a big nope.

I've reverted back to having to put things in as calendar appointments just so I can get reminders for them!

I was previously productive. Now I'm limping along since this whoops-I-forgot-to-disable-auto-updates automatic August update that has broken everything. (I never received the July update that originally broke things.)

It's so bad that even my 3rd-party clock widget is now randomly freezing with a time that is hours in the past!

I've gone into power management and told it to ignore all of these apps, but still no notifications from them.

I'm also using "Keyboard Browser", and it too is set as to-be-ignored in Power Management -- but even so, if it sits unused for too long all the "browser tabs" are now getting killed off! (So my "open it in a new tab so I can read it later" procedure is totally shot.)
    HellsPlumber likes this.
    08-08-17 04:50 PM
    Very disheartening to hear the Aug update hasn't solved the notification issue either.
    I have the issue with widgets too which I USED to use to control my wifi lights, now I have to wait for the app to load up and use that instead which is far from ideal.

As you said, productivity is gone. I seriously hope they solve this soon.
    As much as I adore this phone, which was perfect on release, right now it's pretty much useless.
    Manually checking a handful of apps manually for updates hourly, widgets freezing, background apps being force-closed.

If it's not solved soon I fear it'll be the death of Blackberry's last effort.
    No one makes phones as useful as they do and I seriously don't want them to disappear forever.
    08-09-17 10:54 AM
    Very disheartening to hear the Aug update hasn't solved the notification issue either.
    I have the issue with widgets too which I USED to use to control my wifi lights, now I have to wait for the app to load up and use that instead which is far from ideal.

As you said, productivity is gone. I seriously hope they solve this soon.
    As much as I adore this phone, which was perfect on release, right now it's pretty much useless.
    Manually checking a handful of apps manually for updates hourly, widgets freezing, background apps being force-closed.

If it's not solved soon I fear it'll be the death of Blackberry's last effort.
    No one makes phones as useful as they do and I seriously don't want them to disappear forever.
    There hasn't been an August update.
    antonrr likes this.
    08-09-17 10:59 AM
    There hasn't been an August update.
    AAN355 released around Aug 3, was this simply a late July update?
    08-09-17 11:03 AM
    AAN355 released around Aug 3, was this simply a late July update?
    Yes.
    08-09-17 11:27 AM
    AAN355 says July 5. It's just the July update released late. When the Android patch is dated in August, that's what I'd deem the August update.
    08-09-17 11:29 AM
    Then we have some hope then
    08-09-17 11:35 AM
    Am I wrong to think that the notification problem is related to Android 7?
    08-09-17 01:20 PM
    Am I wrong to think that the notification problem is related to Android 7?
    Yes.
    08-09-17 01:21 PM
    Yes.
    Then the problem is BlackBerry mobile!
    If so, why is not CrackBerry and Mr. Kevin applying BlackBerry mobile printing for this?
    08-09-17 01:34 PM
    Then the problem is BlackBerry mobile!
    If so, why is not CrackBerry and Mr. Kevin applying BlackBerry mobile printing for this?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    08-09-17 01:35 PM
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Apparently Mr. Kevin talks very well with BlackBerry mobile. KEYᵒⁿᵉ smart phone marketing and advertising is Mr. Kevin doing good. It is a pity that there is no return related to this problem, not even an offer of help. Apparently TCL will not be able to do this job! I've been very pissed before, BlackBerry LTD. I could say that it was much better.
    08-09-17 01:41 PM
    i finally got a response back from bbmobile about this issue and they want me to send my phone in for repair.....
    08-09-17 01:55 PM
    i finally got a response back from bbmobile about this issue and they want me to send my phone in for repair.....
    Will they fix the problem of notification?
    08-09-17 01:58 PM
    Will they fix the problem of notification?
    Ha fat chance. If I still had my pixel I would send it just to see what they say.
    08-09-17 02:04 PM
    Facebook is coming through. The rest doesn't look like they're coming through.
    This is strange as I just got my replacement device post liftgate! I've been setting up my social media and all notifications eem to work! The replacement device came with the July update!
    08-09-17 02:11 PM
    This is strange as I just got my replacement device post liftgate! I've been setting up my social media and all notifications eem to work! The replacement device came with the July update!
    how so?
    08-09-17 02:19 PM
    how so?
    What build?
    08-09-17 02:24 PM
    Do you write us the compilation number and how exactly you did the installation in that order?
    08-09-17 02:26 PM
    I found before that the app sucked far too much battery even when I had turned off most notification options and barely opened it during a day.

Anyone know if it's still like that?
    Out of all the social media apps The FB app is the worse and suckas alot of battery power!
    Do you write us the compilation number and how exactly you did the installation in that order?
    I charged overnight! Then turned the device on and followed the google account setup! Once that was done I setup all my emails! Lastly I downloaded all my social media apps! Then proceeded to update all apps!
    08-09-17 02:47 PM
    Out of all the social media apps The FB app is the worse and suckas alot of battery power!

I charged overnight! Then turned the device on and followed the google account setup! Once that was done I setup all my emails! Lastly I downloaded all my social media apps! Then proceeded to update all apps!
    Ok.
    What is the smart update date and number? AAN355 Or AAM481?
    08-09-17 03:04 PM
    Ok.
    What is the smart update date and number? AAN355 Or AAM481?
    If you're unaware how to do so, open the "Updates" app and it'll have an update name/number showing which you're currently on. I'm on AAM481.
    08-09-17 03:13 PM
551 ... 56789 ...