Keep it open until a fix is issued. Inconvenient, but not a disaster.
    Well, thanks. We just wanted to help each other.
    citystars41 likes this.
    07-25-17 12:35 PM
    The lack of notifications was such a nuisance for me that I finally gave in today and reset my KeyONE back to the April software version using an autoloader. Now my notifications are working normally, and I haven't yet gotten a notice of an available update (I'm thinking they have been pulled). I won't be installing another update until I read through the forums and make sure the bug is fixed.
    gritsinct and Grabber5.0 like this.
    07-25-17 05:40 PM
    I'm going for the April autoloader solution also... now, on top of not getting notifications, after my latest hub update my emails are not syncing overnight. I don't get any new email unless I reboot my phone twice every morning (once gets some of my accounts, not all until 2nd reboot - different ones each day). I'll report back if I still have problems after... fingers crossed.
    07-25-17 07:40 PM
    So I forgot to disable automatic update checks and my phone downloaded, installed the AAL964 update and rebooted while I was sleeping. Now I get to run the autoloader again. Don't be me... remember to disable automatic updates in the Updates app!
    gritsinct and Grabber5.0 like this.
    07-26-17 05:37 AM
    ^I don't know about everyone else but at least for me - I have auto update turned on, but since at least the June update, Google Play apps I have to manually confirm the updates before they run. Since it seems the July update was pulled, I don't know whether auto update of the security updates is the same.

Best Buy KEYone on T-Mobile.
    07-26-17 07:21 AM
    if you have updates to auto download updates but not install, you can go into the settings of Updates once it downloaded and see what version downloaded and you can delete it if you want to.
    07-26-17 08:14 AM
    The lack of notifications was such a nuisance for me that I finally gave in today and reset my KeyONE back to the April software version using an autoloader. Now my notifications are working normally, and I haven't yet gotten a notice of an available update (I'm thinking they have been pulled). I won't be installing another update until I read through the forums and make sure the bug is fixed.
    Hey. Did you by chance perform a backup then restore on to the April software? Also mind pointing me in the right direction of how to reload older OS? Thanks in advance
    07-26-17 08:46 AM
    Hey. Did you by chance perform a backup then restore on to the April software? Also mind pointing me in the right direction of how to reload older OS? Thanks in advance
    post 100
    johnnywhojr#AC likes this.
    07-26-17 09:36 AM
    post 100
    Thank you!
    07-26-17 09:40 AM
    So I forgot to disable automatic update checks and my phone downloaded, installed the AAL964 update and rebooted while I was sleeping. Now I get to run the autoloader again. Don't be me... remember to disable automatic updates in the Updates app!
    Thanks! Your post saved me from the same fate!!

I'm very happy to say that so far all of my notifications are working great on the April autoloader. That's the first time I've used an Android autoloader (I've been playing with BB betas and autoloaders for years) and it was pretty smooth. Although I had a few tense moments because the first time I tried I got a lot of errors and then phone seemed stuck in fastboot mode... running it again worked and solved the problem - just an FYI if anyone else is trying it for the first time.
    07-26-17 10:36 AM
    Thanks! Your post saved me from the same fate!!

I'm very happy to say that so far all of my notifications are working great on the April autoloader. That's the first time I've used an Android autoloader (I've been playing with BB betas and autoloaders for years) and it was pretty smooth. Although I had a few tense moments because the first time I tried I got a lot of errors and then phone seemed stuck in fastboot mode... running it again worked and solved the problem - just an FYI if anyone else is trying it for the first time.
    Same thing happened to me the first time I ran one. Last time was no issues though.
    gritsinct likes this.
    07-26-17 02:58 PM
    I didn't perform a backup/restore, I just started fresh. There is a pinned thread in this forum with a link to the autoloader archive and instructions on how to install it.
    07-26-17 03:44 PM
    Just want to update everyone having this issue. We've seen the threads cropping up around this topic and the feedback therein has already been escalated with our internal teams. Will provide follow up ASAP.
    can we expect to see an update earlier in august rather than mid month?
    07-28-17 07:52 AM
    By going back to the April update, have you experienced any dips in battery performance? I'm very fond of my battery life right now on my KeyOne and I'm a heavy user. I'm sitting at 75% right now at 10pm after unplugging my phone this morning. I really don't want to loose that battery life but the lack of notifications is almost as bad of a lack of battery stamina.

I feel like the KeyOne is trying to salvage any kind of extra battery it can, but because of the poor nature of how apps improperly handle notifications, it's causing notifications to not come through. I feel as though that's why some apps that handle notifications how they were meant to (Facebook, Facebook Messenger, YouTube, WhatsApp, etc) are still able to give push notifications, while others like Telegram, Slack, Instagram, etc can't.
    07-30-17 09:14 PM
    By going back to the April update, have you experienced any dips in battery performance? I'm very fond of my battery life right now on my KeyOne and I'm a heavy user. I'm sitting at 75% right now at 10pm after unplugging my phone this morning. I really don't want to loose that battery life but the lack of notifications is almost as bad of a lack of battery stamina.

I feel like the KeyOne is trying to salvage any kind of extra battery it can, but because of the poor nature of how apps improperly handle notifications, it's causing notifications to not come through. I feel as though that's why some apps that handle notifications how they were meant to (Facebook, Facebook Messenger, YouTube, WhatsApp, etc) are still able to give push notifications, while others like Telegram, Slack, Instagram, etc can't.
    actually, i think my battery life got better by going back to april. but i think it has more to do with wiping my device rather than the update itself.
    07-31-17 07:44 AM
    I haven't noticed a change personally, but I think any dip in battery life could be attributed to the fact that background apps aren't getting killed like on the June/July updates.
    ieatcalcium likes this.
    07-31-17 10:27 AM
    this is absurd. completely ruining the experience of an otherwise amazing phone. how the f does bb manage to constantly fail so hard. when the f is the fix going to be rdy??????
    08-01-17 07:29 AM
    Let me just say, the HUB Email / integration to messaging apps is 90% of what I use (and I am VERY happy with this phone!) - the push apps I use such as FOX Sports or Weather Channel are the ones I am not getting due to this issue.

I AM getting Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube interestingly enough.

So it's almost like the "smaller" companies (still large corporations such as Fox/TWC) are the Apps causing the issues.

I find it very odd BB Mobile came on this thread in July and now has vanished?

This is far from a huge issue but it was nice getting scores, weather, etc pushed automatically.

Hope it's resolved soon.
    08-03-17 04:44 PM
    Mines just updated to AAN355 and it looks like the notification issue has been resolved. gmail was not getting pushed (gmail never had an issue in the first place) , but after reloading it its working now. Will know for sure once the day goes through a full blast of notifications from all apps if it has really been fixed, but so far it looks promising
    08-04-17 02:05 AM
    Mines just updated to AAN355 and it looks like the notification issue has been resolved. gmail was not getting pushed (gmail never had an issue in the first place) , but after reloading it its working now. Will know for sure once the day goes through a full blast of notifications from all apps if it has really been fixed, but so far it looks promising
    Gmail/HUB was never a problem.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    08-04-17 02:40 AM
    This is far from a huge issue
    speak for yourself. google voice manages my text msgs and its notifications arent working because of this. as i result i didnt see a text message until 24 hours after i received it which ended up costing me thousands of dollars (because nobody expects someone not to *see* their text messages right away/at least the same day)

fkng fail blackberry. fail. pls get your head out of your *** and this this immediately
    08-04-17 08:57 AM
    Any idea when AAN355 would be pushed to all?
    08-04-17 08:58 AM
    Yeah I agree. This is a bigger rather than smaller issue. People rely on their phones for notifications of messages more than anything else. Otherwise, why have a phone? This product is targeted to the BB faithful and business consumer. Priority number 1 receiving messages.
    08-04-17 09:00 AM
    Any idea when AAN355 would be pushed to all?
    No one understands the voodoo behind update dissemination.
    antonrr likes this.
    08-04-17 09:00 AM
    Anyone having push issues could try resetting shortcut manager rate limiting. It is one of the last options in developer options. Just a shot in the dark.
    08-04-17 09:05 AM
551 ... 34567 ...