It seems as though my phone is unable to get any security patches. I bought my phone unlocked from bestbuy back in June and got a security update for pretty much every month up until November when I suffered the dreadful screen separation that same month. Blackberry sent me a replacement refurbished unit which not only has a squeaky back and terrible light bleed but it's stuck on the september update as well.

Is there a fix for this? I don't want to do autoloaders, it's not so much that I need the updates, it's just that I want to fix the lack of OTA updates that I'm supposed to be getting.
    12-25-17 01:50 PM
    It seems as though my phone is unable to get any security patches. I bought my phone unlocked from bestbuy back in June and got a security update for pretty much every month up until November when I suffered the dreadful screen separation that same month. Blackberry sent me a replacement refurbished unit which not only has a squeaky back and terrible light bleed but it's stuck on the september update as well.

Is there a fix for this? I don't want to do autoloaders, it's not so much that I need the updates, it's just that I want to fix the lack of OTA updates that I'm supposed to be getting.
    What carrier are you with? BlackBerry Repair Centre probably sent you back a carrier-locked variant.
    12-25-17 01:55 PM

You need the PRD code for the new device. Then we can check what update you should have access to.
    12-25-17 01:57 PM
    Blackberry sent me a replacement refurbished unit which not only has a squeaky back and terrible light bleed
    Maybe consider getting a proper replacement for your money before trying to fix a lemon.
    Snappy Phoenix and Byrese like this.
    12-25-17 02:09 PM
    Latest update won't finish DL. On WiFi or data.
    Says verification error. NEVER seen that before or ever had a DL problem.
    Tried seven times throughout the day. Even reboot twice.
    12-25-17 02:17 PM
    What carrier are you with? BlackBerry Repair Centre probably sent you back a carrier-locked variant.
    I doubt it, I'm using it with Cricket I guess a locked AT&T phone would work but I thought they only offered the black version.
    12-25-17 02:19 PM
    You need the PRD code for the new device. Then we can check what update you should have access to.
    Might be dumb question but how do you get that code? The phone was sent in a generic cardboard box since it was a refurb.
    12-25-17 02:20 PM
    Might be dumb question but how do you get that code? The phone was sent in a generic cardboard box since it was a refurb.
    The only way is to use the "adb shell getprop" command over USB.
    12-25-17 02:54 PM
    Had the same issue. Stuck on the early October security issue. When asking BBMobile what was going on, I got the following reply:

-----
    We have since been informed that AAQ302 is the Build Number corresponding to the November update, but it has been incorrectly dated to October.
    Kindly accept our apologies for the confusion.
    -----

Meanwhile we are end of December but still no updates, neither November or December... What's up with the promised monthly security updates?
    Hulk123 likes this.
    12-25-17 05:01 PM

I had this same problem. Is your phone certified or uncertified? If it's the latter your apps will update but not your system/firmware. I just got a replacement device cause that was the problem. And my device was itself a replacement device. So our situations sound similar.

Check by going to Play Store--menu--settings and then scroll down to the bottom. You"ll see your status there. Let us know.
    rolfep likes this.
    12-25-17 05:34 PM
    Had the same issue. Stuck on the early October security issue. When asking BBMobile what was going on, I got the following reply:

-----
    We have since been informed that AAQ302 is the Build Number corresponding to the November update, but it has been incorrectly dated to October.
    Kindly accept our apologies for the confusion.
    -----

Meanwhile we are end of December but still no updates, neither November or December... What's up with the promised monthly security updates?
    What's odd is that the updates do exist, like I said I was already in the November update on my original phone but this new one tells me it's up to date even though it's on the september patch. Makes you feel like your off the grid or something, plus I understand if they push out the updates on some models or "prd" codes first but they shouldn't be that much far apart where some phones don't get updates for 3 months right?
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    12-25-17 05:36 PM
    I should add that my phone is unlocked, and not bought from a carrier. So, there should be no limitation at all.
    12-25-17 05:44 PM
    My phone is unlocked and I just bought it a month ago. device is certified but I have not received any update yet.

I'm in dire need of getting locker update.
    12-25-17 06:35 PM
    I think I need to learn more about it myself! What's a PRD code & would it be in the same area in settings that the IMEI is stored?

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    12-25-17 06:51 PM
    I think I need to learn more about it myself! What's a PRD code & would it be in the same area in settings that the IMEI is stored?

It's on the outside of the box, or visible through "adb shell getprop" over USB.
    12-25-17 06:58 PM
    OK, but what IS the code & how's it used? I'm only familiar with IMEI.

12-26-17 03:32 AM

All updates are provided variant by variant.

https://tclota.birth-online.de
    12-26-17 06:54 AM
    What's odd is that the updates do exist, like I said I was already in the November update on my original phone but this new one tells me it's up to date even though it's on the september patch. Makes you feel like your off the grid or something, plus I understand if they push out the updates on some models or "prd" codes first but they shouldn't be that much far apart where some phones don't get updates for 3 months right?
    You would think.....

A couple of others have had issues and contacted BBMo support, and ended up having them send them new replacements in order to get back on track with updates.

Check your code and see if it should have an update, if not... you'll have to wait. If it's listed that it should have been updated, contact BBMo support. Having all the info from a ADB inquiry will help

Of course this helps.... https://techwiser.com/list-adb-commands/
    12-26-17 09:34 AM

Good question and why (absent the box) is it so hard to find? That is why no access to the PRD directly from some phone status/info/whatever? Oh, is PRD a BB Mobile id scheme or do other manufacturers have something similar?
    12-26-17 10:30 AM
    Good question and why (absent the box) is it so hard to find? That is why no access to the PRD directly from some phone status/info/whatever? Oh, is PRD a BB Mobile id scheme or do other manufacturers have something similar?
    All BlackBerry Android devices have had PRD codes.

Other manufacturers use their own nomenclature.

Bottom line is that every unique variant has to be identified as such.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-26-17 10:36 AM
    I had this same problem. Is your phone certified or uncertified? If it's the latter your apps will update but not your system/firmware. I just got a replacement device cause that was the problem. And my device was itself a replacement device. So our situations sound similar.

Check by going to Play Store--menu--settings and then scroll down to the bottom. You"ll see your status there. Let us know.
    This uncertified issue didn't require a replacement. It was fixed in a subsequent update. I had the same thing (as did several others) and a patch fixed it back to certified.
    12-27-17 10:58 AM
    My phone is unlocked and I just bought it a month ago. device is certified but I have not received any update yet.

I'm in dire need of getting locker update.
    In dire need? If its that important download the apk for files and locker then.
    12-27-17 10:59 AM
    This uncertified issue didn't require a replacement. It was fixed in a subsequent update. I had the same thing (as did several others) and a patch fixed it back to certified.
    Really wow! According to the support page on Google you're supposed to contact your manufacturer for a replacement. Oh well...im happy with this new unit. I think it's brand new too!

Perhaps different uncertified devices work differently? I don't know. All I know is that couldn't get an over the air updates and I was stuck on an older firmware back from Sept. So I'm not sure how it would have helped my situation. It's like the chicken and the egg . Lol
    12-27-17 11:28 AM
    Really wow! According to the support page on Google you're supposed to contact your manufacturer for a replacement. Oh well...im happy with this new unit. I think it's brand new too!

Perhaps different uncertified devices work differently? I don't know. All I know is that couldn't get an over the air updates and I was stuck on an older firmware back from Sept. So I'm not sure how it would have helped my situation. It's like the chicken and the egg . Lol
    Its possible i'm not too sure but I do know mine and a few others that I know personally had this issue. BlackBerry was aware of it and pushed and update which fixed it. But I guess if you couldn't get updates not sure how that would have worked but it did push to my device.
    Byrese likes this.
    12-27-17 11:30 AM
    Its possible i'm not too sure but I do know mine and a few others that I know personally had this issue. BlackBerry was aware of it and pushed and update which fixed it. But I guess if you couldn't get updates not sure how that would have worked but it did push to my device.
    Yeah. I'm not saying anything about y'alls situations. I just don't see how that would have helped me since I was getting updates at all.
    When I talked to support they said a similar thing but no updates came after a few days (again it couldn't get updates). But in truth I still pushed for a new device (with a snapshot from Google's home page as proof) because I had recently dropped the phone naked and it got dinged a little. So now I have a new brand new one .
    12-27-17 11:38 AM
39 12