My KEY 1... doing fine and dandy... :-)

Posted via CB10
    07-09-17 12:45 PM
    A very strange first post for someone who just joined 07-09-17.
    If you would have any balls you would enlight us who you are, what your connection is to TCL/BB, and/or just post under your main/other usernames. I'm certain that an IP check would bring some interesting info in this regard.....
    As I've posted in some other threads and other vehicle forums I frequent, I'm always amused at how some brand loyal people take any negative views of their loved brand or product so personally, especially as they don't have anything to do with the company except for the product itself. But it's a very human characteristic.
    To be honest, most negative views are couched in a polite and inquisitive way. Putting off (with the intention to buy later) a purchase of this TCL product due to quite a large number of people with screen lift on this sight would seem prudent rather than anti-Blackberry mobile.
    07-09-17 12:54 PM
    As I've posted in some other threads and other vehicle forums I frequent, I'm always amused at how some brand loyal people take any negative views of their loved brand or product so personally, especially as they don't have anything to do with the company except for the product itself. But it's a very human characteristic.
    To be honest, most negative views are couched in a polite and inquisitive way. Putting off (with the intention to buy later) a purchase of this TCL product due to quite a large number of people with screen lift on this sight would seem prudent rather than anti-Blackberry mobile.
    I'm amused at people who do not like a device, have no intention of getting said device, and yet visit that device's forum just to announce they are not buying the device. That's a very troll-like characteristic.

I'm also amused that you are seemingly amused at visiting several forums to inform others that are you amused at how brand loyal people dislike negative views of their brand. To be honest with you, that is something I would expect when it comes to how brand loyal individuals respond to negative views of their brand.
    laketrout73 and FahedAlDerbi like this.
    07-09-17 01:40 PM
    I'm amused at people who do not like a device, have no intention of getting said device, and yet visit that device's forum just to announce they are not buying the device. That's a very troll-like characteristic.

I'm also amused that you are seemingly amused at visiting several forums to inform others that are you amused at how brand loyal people dislike negative views of their brand. To be honest with you, that is something I would expect when it comes to how brand loyal individuals respond to negative views of their brand.
    You didn't get it. Let's try again.
    I say in the above I AM buying the KEYone at a prudential time. And with the latest announcement from BBM (I've just seen it now) I'm definitely going to get one in the near future.

I am a Blackberrry owner present and past. On the other vehicle forums I AM an owner or lover of those vehicle brands. People don't have to like BB or my brands such as Rover or Triumph or vintage watches that I like. I also don't need to defend them. Why should I? My opinions aren't right or universal they are just mine. I don't work for those companies.

Track the difference (as I do) between those people who just want to insult us and those people offering different opinions to us about various aspects of the product.

I'm sensitive about opinions given by people about my son, but not so much about machines and devices that I own or I'm thinking about owning.
    Last edited by mrsimon; 07-09-17 at 02:41 PM.
    mister2d likes this.
    07-09-17 02:17 PM
    If you would have any balls you would enlight us who you are, what your connection is to TCL/BB, and/or just post under your main/other usernames. I'm certain that an IP check would bring some interesting info in this regard.....
    Good spotto 😀
    07-09-17 03:36 PM
    Even as a genuine new poster to this CB discussion thread, why the immediate scrutiny about whether one has a connection or not to TCL/BB and wanting to do an IP search!??

How about a simple 'alternate fact' (to coin a now oft thrown about euphemism), or perhaps just a simple truth and reality, that someone who is a genuine BlackBerry fan and supporter and reads CB (believing this is what they supposedly represented), appreciates and seeks some genuine factual commentary from the people who post here with some kind of 'pseudo authority'; and asks those who do so, to back up their unsubstantiated assertions with some simple genuine factual support for the subject matter concerned?

Now that's a novel idea don't you think?

So with respect WT44, it would be nice if you would perhaps make an informed comment yourself about the actual SUBSTANCE of my first post's query as well, instead of seeking to breach my privacy and check my IP address! I'm somewhat shocked at your comment quite frankly!

To coin a sporting analogy, how about simply 'play the ball rather than attacking the man'?

Or is my original suggestion and question to Heavens1 to provide some factual substance about what they comment on (and by extension to you as well - should you perhaps share similar views - which I don't really know by the way), too difficult perhaps...?
    ce71 likes this.
    07-09-17 05:22 PM
    I am using a key one, and it is perfect
    07-09-17 05:40 PM
    All the best with your KEYᵒⁿᵉ 😀

I hope we don't hear from you about screen issues, and then we'll have a feel for your batch being (potentially) sorted.
    I will come back here and post if my screen lifts. My KEYᵒⁿᵉ took its first big drop today, face down into gravel from about hip high. Few nicks on the screen protector but otherwise golden. I have insurance on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ so not a huge deal if anything happens accident wise.
    07-09-17 06:18 PM
    Heavens1,

It is indeed important to be able to express opinions without being too 'sensitive' about expressing opinions when they are 'about machines and devices that I own or I'm thinking about owning', as you posted.

The only qualification one might respectfully suggest is that opinions when expressed, should perhaps be informed ones, that are based on some modecum of basic factual accuracy!

To do so otherwise, even if they concern opinions about 'machines and devices' that one does not supposedly need to show any 'sensitivity' in doing, simply for opinion's sake alone, this could have the unfortunate impact of spreading unwarranted negative and grossly inaccurate information. Such behaviour could otherwise be construed as (dare it be said) a kind of technical 'gossip', 'fake news' or even 'troll-like' behaviour!

As to the core issue that you have been sharing your various 'opinion' pieces in this current thread, then perhaps you and others will be very pleased to read the following :

New BlackBerry KEYone units with display fix now arriving at retailers - Android Authority

Hopefully, this update information from TCL/BlackBerry Mobile will also provide a degree of confidence in continuing to see that TCL have been quick to take on board and respond to what might have negatively affected the build quality of SOME of its newer KEYOne devices released onto the market.

Perhaps it might also encourage you and others to exercise greater favourable 'prudential' decision making too in the near future!
    ce71 likes this.
    07-10-17 09:49 AM
    Heavens1,

It is indeed important to be able to express opinions without being too 'sensitive' about expressing opinions when they are 'about machines and devices that I own or I'm thinking about owning', as you posted.

The only qualification one might respectfully suggest is that opinions when expressed, should perhaps be informed ones, that are based on some modecum of basic factual accuracy!

To do so otherwise, even if they concern opinions about 'machines and devices' that one does not supposedly need to show any 'sensitivity' in doing, simply for opinion's sake alone, this could have the unfortunate impact of spreading unwarranted negative and grossly inaccurate information. Such behaviour could otherwise be construed as (dare it be said) a kind of technical 'gossip', 'fake news' or even 'troll-like' behaviour!

As to the core issue that you have been sharing your various 'opinion' pieces in this current thread, then perhaps you and others will be very pleased to read the following :

New BlackBerry KEYone units with display fix now arriving at retailers - Android Authority

Hopefully, this update information from TCL/BlackBerry Mobile will also provide a degree of confidence in continuing to see that TCL have been quick to take on board and respond to what might have negatively affected the build quality of SOME of its newer KEYOne devices released onto the market.

Perhaps it might also encourage you and others to exercise greater favourable 'prudential' decision making too in the near future!
    that was overly drawn out and a couple of days late. LOL.
    anon(3641385) and mister2d like this.
    07-11-17 12:38 AM
    that was overly drawn out and a couple of days late. LOL.
    And discussed a page or so back, lol. And there's another couple of threads discussing it, as well as numerous posts. (Shrug)

Edit
    Oh and a couple of days ago I posted directly under bbmobile's update post in thurask's screen off megathread, wherein I thanked them, (bbmobile ), for the update.
    Last edited by Heavens1; 07-11-17 at 01:17 AM.
    07-11-17 12:54 AM
    Check the article on Crack, seems like "new" units are out in the wild - -_-

I Am not a fan of their ambiguous response - I may never have an issue as I may not be as rough on my phones as someone else, but to know there may or may not be an issue with my brand new device is annoying - don't say it is just a "small batch" - so you've identified which units ARE affected?

Why not tell me definitively if my unit is plagued or not - or say something like we know which units are effected (brings me to another question why were these units affected and not others - or is that a lie and just a marketing cover up and ALL units are effected pre this additional adhesive) & if they encounter an issue we will replace their devices with a NEW device - warranty is very vague you would probably end up with a refurb - faux pas - might return and wait 30-60 days and buy again since they wanna be funny..
    07-11-17 09:42 AM
    Heavens1,

I think that was ME, NOT Heavens 1, as I posted a message about not getting overly sensitive in a life or death defence posture over a device. Jolly unnecessary I'd say. I'm normally on the same page as Heavens 1 so he may have expressed the same humble opinion as myself, and I bet he agrees with me.

At least I HOPE SO
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    07-11-17 10:14 AM
    Hey all. I live in California and due to the shortage of Keyone's out here, I decided to purchase the UK version (BB100-2) from selfridges. Currently using it on Verizon and everything is great so far.

My only concern is that it's under UK Warranty from what I read. If the screen pops off I'd have to send it overseas which I'm not a big fan of. My Keyone build date is June 3, 2017. Anyone know if this date is before or after BlackBerry dealt with the screen issue?
    07-11-17 11:47 AM
    Definitely before.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-17 11:58 AM
    Hi Mr Simon,

Yes thanks for clarifying that it was actually you who spoke about not being so 'sensitive' about devices, that I then had in part then incorrectly attributed some of my commentary to Heavens1.

As previously mentioned, I am still indeed a new contributor to these CB comment threads. As such, I still find the current CB thread format a little problematic to read at times! They often part quote someone else before then incorporating the new poster's feedback. I do wish the CB thread format were more like BBM where the format is much simpler and clearer to read and understand!

So whilst the core principles about what I mentioned bearing merit, I do apologize to Heavens1 in incorrectly attributing some of the feedback in some sections to Heavens1.

As to the almost 2 day delay for my last post, being eventually posted, this was something completely outside of my control. The delay was due to CB Moderators delaying posting my feedback whilst it was 'checked' by them. Perhaps this was because I included a link to an external reference source at Android Central?? (Again I don't really know why, as I am a new CB poster).
    07-11-17 12:14 PM
    Hey all. I live in California and due to the shortage of Keyone's out here, I decided to purchase the UK version (BB100-2) from selfridges. Currently using it on Verizon and everything is great so far.

My only concern is that it's under UK Warranty from what I read. If the screen pops off I'd have to send it overseas which I'm not a big fan of. My Keyone build date is June 3, 2017. Anyone know if this date is before or after BlackBerry dealt with the screen issue?
    Hi, here's a pic of a post where the poster bought his device in the UK, but is living in germany and the screen is being repaired in germany.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...23/index4.html

I'm sure I've also read where someone in the US bought a UK phone and for the sake of it emailed bbmobile US support asking them who would repair it should there be probs. He was told the US would service it.

I'm going to be in the same boat, cos once we have worked out when the 'fixed' devices start being sold from Selfridges UK that's when I'll buy. And I'm in aus, so whilst I know I can go via Selfridges for a problem, I'm wondering if it could be sorted in aus.
    Attached Thumbnails Not buying till sure screen issue resolved: how will we know?-47140.jpg  
    deezus48 likes this.
    07-11-17 02:46 PM
    Hi, here's a pic of a post where the poster bought his device in the UK, but is living in germany and the screen is being repaired in germany.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...23/index4.html

I'm sure I've also read where someone in the US bought a UK phone and for the sake of it emailed bbmobile US support asking them who would repair it should there be probs. He was told the US would service it.

I'm going to be in the same boat, cos once we have worked out when the 'fixed' devices start being sold from Selfridges UK that's when I'll buy. And I'm in aus, so whilst I know I can go via Selfridges for a problem, I'm wondering if it could be sorted in aus.
    Heavens1 thanks for the info! I was on the fence on whether I should return the Keyone or not and wait for the fixed Keyone's on the off chance mine was defective. I'll get a hold of BBMobile to see if I'll be covered. Thanks again!!
    07-12-17 12:45 AM
    I already got my replacement from TCL and emailed them about the adhesive. the person wrote back that my device was among the revised ones.
    deezus48 likes this.
    07-12-17 02:44 AM
    I already got my replacement from TCL and emailed them about the adhesive. the person wrote back that my device was among the revised ones.
    Good news! Which country are you in?

And did you think that meant that you got a brand new device sent to you?

Has it got a date? Perhaps on the plastic covering?
    Last edited by Heavens1; 07-12-17 at 04:28 AM.
    07-12-17 03:11 AM
    Please provide the build date when you get a chance!
    07-12-17 10:42 AM
    Good news! Which country are you in?

And did you think that meant that you got a brand new device sent to you?

Has it got a date? Perhaps on the plastic covering?
    I'm in the United States.

It was brand new, in the box with earphones, charger, etc.

Where would I find the build date? There's no date on the box anywhere, or on the plastic sticker that's peeled off the back of the phone.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    07-12-17 10:52 AM
    Please provide the build date when you get a chance!
    I would but it's not printed anywhere on the box or on any of the plastic films on the device (which was brand new in the box).
    07-12-17 10:52 AM
    I would but it's not printed anywhere on the box or on any of the plastic films on the device (which was brand new in the box).
    I found it on 2 places on my Keyone. The white sticker at the bottom of the box and one on the back sticker. It's 6 digits. Mine was 030617 indicating June 3, 2017.
    07-12-17 10:56 AM
    I found it on 2 places on my Keyone. The white sticker at the bottom of the box and one on the back sticker. It's 6 digits. Mine was 030617 indicating June 3, 2017.
    What part of the sticker? The only numbers I have are PRD, which is 63116, and I don't think this phone was built on a nonexistent date haha, also my imei number, and the 100-1 number. There's also the fcc id and IC, which isn't a number that would be a date.
    07-12-17 11:03 AM
114 ... 2345