I got mine on the 20 something of June, not the first run. I was on the 2nd backorder list from Amazon U.S.
    07-08-17 03:03 PM
    In all honesty, it seems like the only choice you're making is to make waves. What did TCL tell you when you emailed or called them to ask about this issue? Oh... you haven't yet... right? So, the only purpose your post serves is to let all of us know you're not buying the KEYone. OK, point taken.

You should just accept the facts - There's a phone called the KEYone. Some have experienced problems, others have not. Some have actually used their warranty to get a replacement. Like it or not, that's the plain truth.

Nobody is forcing you to buy the phone. I think you're being a bit dramatic. You should get over it.

I knew there was a risk of a screen problem when i bought it, and I'm happy with my decision. If my screen comes off, guess what? I'll have it resolved.
    So, no strategies to know when KEYᵒⁿᵉ screen lift issue has been resolved.

My purchasing strategy is my choice ...
    hjc73734 and mister2d like this.
    07-08-17 03:42 PM
    I don't choose to buy a KEYᵒⁿᵉ with a known fault ....

You've decided to, that's your choice.
    This is CrackBerry. People LOVE to throw around their opinions on how to make YOUR decisions. LOL.

Happens every thread.

It's also guaranteed a poster will come in and gloat about how they have a perfect K1. I laughed so hard when one of these gloaters recently just posted how their perfect K1's screen fell onto their face.

Karma's a ...........thing.

You're making a sound decision. IMO. What's the hurry. It's a great phone but the price can only go down.
    mister2d likes this.
    07-08-17 03:44 PM
    So, no strategies to know when KEYᵒⁿᵉ screen lift issue has been resolved.

My purchasing strategy is my choice ...
    Thanks for letting us know your choice.
    07-08-17 03:47 PM
    You have no idea which ones have faults. You are most likely to get one without a fault. Especially if you are buying now with how long the issue has been known.

I've been loving mine since CDMA was dropped through Best Buy. I will be fine with going through warranty IF the screen lifts. I've received multiple people asking about my device and excited it even exists. Worth it.
    All the best with your KEYᵒⁿᵉ 😀

I hope we don't hear from you about screen issues, and then we'll have a feel for your batch being (potentially) sorted.
    07-08-17 03:47 PM
    This is CrackBerry. People LOVE to throw around their opinions on how to make YOUR decisions. LOL.

Happens every thread.
    Well genius, I actually agree with you. This is a CrackBerry message board. If you want to publicly announce your "purchasing strategy" to the world, people will share their opinion on what you should do. Otherwise, what's the point of a message board?
    07-08-17 03:50 PM
    Thanks for letting us know your choice.
    This thread was started to seek assistance from fellow crackberrians to identify strategies for knowing when the screen calamity has been resolved.

Those are the contributions sought .....
    mister2d likes this.
    07-08-17 03:56 PM
    This thread was started to seek assistance from fellow crackberrians to identify strategies for knowing when the screen calamity has been resolved.

Those are the contributions sought .....
    Well then, here's a strategy - why don't you contact BBM or TCL and inquire about this issue yourself?
    07-08-17 03:58 PM
    Well genius, I actually agree with you. This is a CrackBerry message board. If you want to publicly announce your "purchasing strategy" to the world, people will share their opinion on what you should do. Otherwise, what's the point of a message board?
    This is a message forum for for sure. I'm not stopping anyone from posting. I'm criticising some posts. Just like some are criticising his own personal choice.
    07-08-17 04:00 PM
    This is a message forum for for sure. I'm not stopping anyone from posting. I'm criticising some posts. Just like some are criticising his own personal choice.
    Like I said, I agree with your comment - "This is CrackBerry. People LOVE to throw around their opinions on how to make YOUR decisions. LOL. Happens every thread."

Well, maybe I don't get the "LOL", but I do agree with the premise of your statement. No argument here. We're in same corner friend.
    07-08-17 04:05 PM
    You have no idea which ones have faults. You are most likely to get one without a fault. Especially if you are buying now with how long the issue has been known.

I've been loving mine since CDMA was dropped through Best Buy. I will be fine with going through warranty IF the screen lifts. I've received multiple people asking about my device and excited it even exists. Worth it.
    The fault is probably rare. But if it hits any particular person's phone than it is not rare enough. What if it is their only phone? What if they are on vacation and it strikes. Again, it probably won't happen but I can understand it deterring some folks from getting the phone if the improbable might happen at an inopportune time. Warranties are all fine and good but they can be a pain to deal with. Although, I hope that what I've read about immediate cross-shipping for warranty is occurring.
    07-08-17 05:42 PM
    It would require TCL/BlackBerry Mobile to step up their communication game, which is ironic for a phone marketed towards "mobile professionals". So far there's a nebulous statement from BlackBerry Mobile, and Kevin's video (make of that what you will). Of course, if they were talkative enough to address the issue of the screen falling off, they'd also be expected to address shortages of supply and the interminably long release cadence, but that's asking too much.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    07-08-17 06:58 PM
    official statement from TCL in the Screen Lift Megathread.

In short, they said they've improved the screen adhesion and the revised phones are hitting retailers now.

OP time to hit that Buy Now button! or maybe wait a few weeks just to be sure. LOL
    07-08-17 08:15 PM

In short, they said they've improved the screen adhesion and the revised phones are hitting retailers now.

OP time to hit that Buy Now button! or maybe wait a few weeks just to be sure. LOL
    Yes, thanks, I've posted directly under their post in that thread asking re last Thursday's release in Australia.
    07-08-17 08:17 PM

No, they don't say that at all. Reread it. They are sorry and are replacing phones but they say they are "examining additional adhesive measures that might further strengthen and eliminate any possibility of display separation occuring."

So, "examining" which is a process in progress with no explicit deadline, and if they do finally find a solution after "examining" then and only then it "might" strengthen the adhesion of the screen.

Not very reassuring, but the phrasing is also quite common and cautious when giving statements when you don't want to give promises you can't keep.

Both you and me are waiting for the "The new process has fixed the problem" statement, aren't we?
    07-09-17 03:11 AM
    No, they don't say that at all. Reread it. They are sorry and are replacing phones but they say they are "examining additional adhesive measures that might further strengthen and eliminate any possibility of display separation occuring."
    In their latest statement (yesterday), they say "implementing" not "examining".
    07-09-17 04:25 AM
    I'm going ahead with a Keyone purchase. My DTEK60 works fine example but the battery life sucks.
    07-09-17 06:49 AM
    Delete 'example' in above post. .
    07-09-17 06:52 AM
    Yep, I want to buy the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, so how will I know when the screen issue has been resolved? (cos I'm not buying until there's reassurance it's been sorted)
    Fair. I'd do the same if I were u. But unfortunately when I just found out about that, mine was on its way to me.
    07-09-17 07:00 AM
    Yes, thanks, I've posted directly under their post in that thread asking re last Thursday's release in Australia.
    Funny, they have been very reluctant to announce this whatsoever. Yet announce release in every other country. Why neglet an Australian announcement??

Posted via CB10
    07-09-17 07:11 AM
    Funny, they have been very reluctant to announce this whatsoever. Yet announce release in every other country. Why neglet an Australian announcement??

Posted via CB10
    Mmmm .... Maybe wanted to see how many sold first.

Not having a bbmobile support contact here in aus is worrying considering there's bound to be screen lift issues from the aus batch.
    07-09-17 07:40 AM
    Mmmm .... Maybe wanted to see how many sold first.

Not having a bbmobile support contact here in aus is worrying considering there's bound to be screen lift issues from the aus batch.
    What proof do you have that "there's bound to be screen lift issues from the aus batch"? Is that an assumption or do you have some insider knowledge regarding the aus batch?
    07-09-17 08:01 AM
    I wonder if the glue is more likely to give way if it's exposed to a lot of heat?

Posted via CB10
    I believe that's why my screen came off. But you can never be too sure. I checked and there is no glue on the screen at all.
    It's so badly damaged the screen doesn't even work.
    I tried to get a refund but was week out of my return period.
    All my data is stuck on the phone with no way of retrieval.
    Have to send it to blackberry UK for repair. I thought they would send a new one out but I don't think that will happen.
    I got it from carphone warehouse on launch day (preorder from day one) who advised me i will get charged to fix this as this issue has not been reported and is a user fault. Of course i explained everything and after 45mins on hold he said if you send to us, it will just go to blackberry in USA with a 1 month turn around with no spare phone I can use.
    BlackBerry UK say there is a 10 day work around.

So back to my passport (damn I miss this phone alot!)
    However has screen flickering issue.
    My other phone is a Priv. But that just has minutes of delay with anything with lots of lag.
    As a business user I'm stuck as i need a reliable phone.
    Hopefully passport should fix it self in the next few days.

And yes the full screen popped out of the key one as i was taking It out of my pocket which damaged the ribbon hence screen won't work.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-17 09:20 AM
    Heavens1,

In reading your current thread, may one respectfully ask, where exactly do you source your evidentiary information from, in postulating your 'views' about the percentages of KEYOnes sold in the market, with actual screen lift issues?

Given that you nobly seek to share informed 'strategies' to assist the CB readership to then make informed choices, about not inadvertently buying a KEYONE with a supposed screen lift issue, knowing where you draw your evidence from, would assist to determine whether what is shared has 'wisdom' and merit!

As you might appreciate, there's so much 'fake news' that gets so easily posted online, or put into the 'tweetosphere', these days from prominent world leaders down!

Thus, having accurate information, from trusted sources would be very beneficial don't you think?

If you would perhaps enlighten us about these matters it would greatly help us to differentiate between true 'wisdom' and sound advice, from the ever virulent 'fake news' out there!
    ce71 likes this.
    07-09-17 10:13 AM
    Heavens1,

In reading your current thread, may one respectfully ask, where exactly do you source your evidentiary information from, in postulating your 'views' about the percentages of KEYOnes sold in the market, with actual screen lift issues?

Given that you nobly seek to share informed 'strategies' to assist the CB readership to then make informed choices, about not inadvertently buying a KEYONE with a supposed screen lift issue, knowing where you draw your evidence from, would assist to determine whether what is shared has 'wisdom' and merit!

As you might appreciate, there's so much 'fake news' that gets so easily posted online, or put into the 'tweetosphere', these days from prominent world leaders down!

Thus, having accurate information, from trusted sources would be very beneficial don't you think?

If you would perhaps enlighten us about these matters it would greatly help us to differentiate between true 'wisdom' and sound advice, from the ever virulent 'fake news' out there!
    A very strange first post for someone who just joined 07-09-17.
    If you would have any balls you would enlight us who you are, what your connection is to TCL/BB, and/or just post under your main/other usernames. I'm certain that an IP check would bring some interesting info in this regard.....
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    07-09-17 12:19 PM
114 12345