I think they haven't done anything yet, and the products available now (I'm guessing) have the same vulnerable bugs as before.
    Yeah, and I'm really grateful for the guys who are keeping the tally, and those posting the info re their purchase date and country, cos that's a great way of identifying that it's not resolved yet.
    07-07-17 11:22 PM
    Ahh, so you've got 'fear' on the mind, yes, can understand that, cos you're probably wondering if it's just a matter of time till the screen comes off ....

I'm making an informed purchasing choice. 😀
    Of course I've thought about it. I also think every time I drive my car I could crash. It's not about being informed, it's about not letting others defects dictate my decisions. Like others said, it's under warranty. So if any defect were to happen, TCL will remedy. Don't be afraid brothaaaa
    07-07-17 11:33 PM
    Its sad because all of us who own a KEYᴼᴺᴱ know this is the best Blackberry ever. Your missing out brothaaaaaa
    ce71 likes this.
    07-07-17 11:36 PM
    TCL should address the screen lift issue to give people who want to purchase the K1 some assurance the issue has been resolved. With today's design and manufacturing technology, one screen lift issue is one too many. Warranties are a hassle. Back and forth courier service is an expense, takes time and is inconvenient.

Posted via BlackBerry® Classic SQC-100 / 10.3.3.1463
    Last edited by rwcrwfrd; 07-07-17 at 11:52 PM.
    07-07-17 11:41 PM
    Of course I've thought about it. I also think every time I drive my car I could crash. It's not about being informed, it's about not letting others defects dictate my decisions. Like others said, it's under warranty. So if any defect were to happen, TCL will remedy. Don't be afraid brothaaaa
    You of course understand my choice is my choice, and your choice is your choice....

And unless you're posting re strategies to identify ways of knowing when the KEYᵒⁿᵉ screen fall off issue is resolved, then you're off topic.
    gjh1978 and hjc73734 like this.
    07-07-17 11:44 PM
    I've got my order in for an unlocked KEYone here in Canada, so I'll have to wait until next month for it to get filled. I could cancel, buy one from a carrier and get it unlocked, but I don't want updates to be tied to that carrier. Hopefully the batch available in August will have the screen issue resolved. Not that I have any issue getting a defective device warrantied, with my luck something would come up 1 week after the warranty runs out.
    07-07-17 11:44 PM
    I'd just like to add something I wrote in another thread some days ago:

"I also have two [K1's]. First one is about 6 weeks old and the second one about 2 weeks old. None of them have had any issues like this. No screen lifting, good reception - even though it sometimes shows just 1 bar I have yet to lose the signal.

I'd like to say a little something about the first one. It suffered saltwater damage. You have no idea what I put that thing through in order to try to save it. Just removing the back cover took a tremendous amount of effort, yet I've read about people here who have had their back cover come off... weird. I've soaked it in pharmacy alcohol as well as distilled water for a couple of hours. I've had it (covered up) in direct sunlight, I've left in rice over night and even in the oven to dry (for many hours). Now I have water trapped inside the screen, yet the screen hasn't budged. It's just as intact as the day I bought it, yet I've read about one person who had the screen come off right after unboxing it... weird."

- All I'm saying is that not all of them have a shoddy build quality, as is evident from my example. Surely the screen should have loosened after all that abuse if that were the case. I think the vast majority of KEYone's are not affected by this issue, although it is impossible to know for sure without any hard data (numbers sold compared to number of faulty units). All I know is that none of mine have the screen lifting issue, nor any other major issues.
    BigBadWulf, ce71 and PALoeza like this.
    07-07-17 11:45 PM
    You of course understand my choice is my choice, and your choice is your choice....

And unless you're posting re strategies to identify ways of knowing when the KEYᵒⁿᵉ screen fall off issue is resolved, then you're off topic.
    Your asking a question nobody knows. Your waiting on something that might never fruition. Your choice is your choice, but I'm giving you some wisdom that might help you. In the meantime I'll be enjoying my KEYᴼᴺᴱ and many others will too with absolutely no defects.
    07-07-17 11:47 PM
    I'd just like to add something I wrote in another thread some days ago:

"I also have two [K1's]. First one is about 6 weeks old and the second one about 2 weeks old. None of them have had any issues like this. No screen lifting, good reception - even though it sometimes shows just 1 bar I have yet to lose the signal.

I'd like to say a little something about the first one. It suffered saltwater damage. You have no idea what I put that thing through in order to try to save it. Just removing the back cover took a tremendous amount of effort, yet I've read about people here who have had their back cover come off... weird. I've soaked it in pharmacy alcohol as well as distilled water for a couple of hours. I've had it (covered up) in direct sunlight, I've left in rice over night and even in the oven to dry (for many hours). Now I have water trapped inside the screen, yet the screen hasn't budged. It's just as intact as the day I bought it, yet I've read about one person who had the screen come off right after unboxing it... weird."

- All I'm saying is that not all of them have a shoddy build quality, as is evident from my example. Surely the screen should have loosened after all that abuse if that were the case. I think the vast majority of KEYone's are not affected by this issue, although it is impossible to know for sure without any hard data (numbers sold compared to number of faulty units). All I know is that none of mine have the screen lifting issue, nor any other major issues.
    Good to hear 😀

Which country did you buy your two K1's in?

And is there a date on either of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ boxes?
    07-07-17 11:48 PM
    Good to hear 😀

Which country did you buy your two K1's in?

And is there a date on either of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ boxes?
    The UK. Here is a picture of the boxes (attached).
    Attached Thumbnails Not buying till sure screen issue resolved: how will we know?-14315.jpg  
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    07-07-17 11:56 PM
    Ahh, so you've got 'fear' on the mind, yes, can understand that, cos you're probably wondering if it's just a matter of time till the screen comes off ....

I'm making an informed purchasing choice. 😀
    Yes, I'm with you on this one. Even if I was sure I could get a refund or replacement fairly quickly (and I can't in Spain) it wouldn't be worth the hassle. I don't have the luxury of being able to be phoneless. I have to reduce that risk to the minumum and this Chinese built phone has a problem that shouldn't exist on a 2017 phone; screen lift (it's like some cheap Chinese toy phone problem fhs).

We are all as enthusiastic as the next person, but it would seem prudential to exercise a little self control until the glitches appear to have been sorted.

They don't deserve our money (600 euros) until they (or we) can be sure of a fix.
    mister2d likes this.
    07-08-17 02:12 AM
    why afraid when you have warranty? another thread on same topic

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    The warranty is only for 1 year though, if your screen popped off on the 2nd year, wouldn't you feel cheated?
    07-08-17 02:58 AM
    The warranty is only for 1 year though, if your screen popped off on the 2nd year, wouldn't you feel cheated?
    Are you not aware how warranty works? Lol

The whole point is to end the warranty right before the product starts imploding with problems.
    07-08-17 04:04 AM
    You must have 'fear' on the mind ......

I'm making a reasoned choice re my purchase.

Perhaps you could have overlooked this thread as you've not commented re 'strategy', which is the topic ....
    Why someone must have fear in mind? Warranty fails your strategy. I am using since launch and its perfect.
    07-08-17 07:50 AM
    Why someone must have fear in mind? Warranty fails your strategy. I am using since launch and its perfect.
    Goodoh, you made a choice, and I also am making a choice ...
    07-08-17 07:52 AM
    Goodoh, you made a choice, and I also am making a choice ...
    In all honesty, it seems like the only choice you're making is to make waves. What did TCL tell you when you emailed or called them to ask about this issue? Oh... you haven't yet... right? So, the only purpose your post serves is to let all of us know you're not buying the KEYone. OK, point taken.

You should just accept the facts - There's a phone called the KEYone. Some have experienced problems, others have not. Some have actually used their warranty to get a replacement. Like it or not, that's the plain truth.

Nobody is forcing you to buy the phone. I think you're being a bit dramatic. You should get over it.

I knew there was a risk of a screen problem when i bought it, and I'm happy with my decision. If my screen comes off, guess what? I'll have it resolved.
    07-08-17 08:54 AM
    Mine just popped out, I'm in Texas and it's hotter than hell, not even 2 weeks old. Sucks
    I wonder if the glue is more likely to give way if it's exposed to a lot of heat?

Posted via CB10
    07-08-17 09:16 AM
    It's not about keeping up with the Jones'. I'm a conservative consumer too. I came over from the Priv and let me assure you, the KEYone is a huge step forward. All I'm saying is that there's a one year warranty in place so IF your screen lifts on you, TCL will remedy it. Why wait, when you can be more productive today with the KEYone? That's one of the reasons we all choose to use BlackBerry's isn't it?
    I do agree that the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is too good to put off buying.
    As far as the one year warranty, though it may offer some reassurances but when it takes weeks if not longer to repair or replace a defective phone then there's little to think it as a good reason to take a perceived risk by the risk adverse.
    I don't mind taking risks hence my purchase of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. At least I have my Passport as a backup.
    07-08-17 09:19 AM
    Also, by the time the screen lift issue is remedied by TCL, the KEYtwo might be announced. We've been getting new phones from BlackBerry every 1-1.5 years. Just pull the trigger now

Passport - Fall 2014
    Priv - Fall 2015
    KEYone - Spring 2017
    KEYtwo - Summer 2018?
    07-08-17 09:35 AM
    I felt the same way too as the OP. But Amazon had a payment an option on the KEYone and has always been good with refunds etc. So I took the plunge and am loving the device. It truly is amazing. My keyboard does creak a little but been less with more usage and doesn't bother me. feels solid and waiting for my clear case to arrive.
    07-08-17 10:08 AM
    I don't think we'll ever know as TCL hasn't publicly announced an official recall or otherwise!!!! However they do acknowledge the manufacturing defect!!!
    07-08-17 10:44 AM
    I'm wondering about this issue and hoping my wife and I don't run into it. We bought CDMA versions the day they were available at Best Buy so we haven't hit out month yet. The phones feel solid and just hoping we don't have any screen lifting issue.

If it happens I will come and post here and run it through the warranty replacement. Big bummer to have to get a refurbished device for people it's happening to so quickly after purchasing.
    07-08-17 12:12 PM
    Are you not aware how warranty works? Lol

The whole point is to end the warranty right before the product starts imploding with problems.
    Err a screen shouldn't pop off period.... What's your point? Lol...
    07-08-17 01:09 PM
    I don't choose to buy a KEYᵒⁿᵉ with a known fault ....

You've decided to, that's your choice.
    You have no idea which ones have faults. You are most likely to get one without a fault. Especially if you are buying now with how long the issue has been known.

I've been loving mine since CDMA was dropped through Best Buy. I will be fine with going through warranty IF the screen lifts. I've received multiple people asking about my device and excited it even exists. Worth it.
    Barbareren and Livermore like this.
    07-08-17 02:27 PM
    Mine just popped out, I'm in Texas and it's hotter than hell, not even 2 weeks old. Sucks
    I'm in Texas also, when did you buy yours, and was it Amazon or BestBuy on the US offering?
    07-08-17 02:39 PM
114 1234 ...