Yep, I want to buy the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, so how will I know when the screen issue has been resolved? (cos I'm not buying until there's reassurance it's been sorted)

Is our guess about it's resolution tied to waiting for reports from people approx 4 weeks or so after purchase from Selfridges etc in the UK, or amazon US?

Is that the only strategy open to us?

We're aware that there's no batch / production identifying info on the CA/US boxes, and I don't know if there's still a box date on the latest UK variety.

So how will we know?

(@BlackBerry mobile)
    FF22, anon(8679041) and jaytizon like this.
    07-07-17 06:12 PM
    I'm guessing it has been resolved, Blackberry/TCL don't want to lose money so it would be pretty moronic of them to keep using the same quality glue that they used in the beginning since that would mean that they would be replacing a lot of devices. I also don't think they will announce that a fix has been made because that would imply that devices manufactured up to then have a flaw and it would entitle every buyer since then to a replacement and they don't want to do that.
    The problem is that on some devices there is no way to know the manufacturing date, mine has no indication on the box, screen protector or anywhere.
    07-07-17 07:08 PM
    Thanks for your reply 😀, and whilst what you say makes sense, it's unsatisfactory.

As it stands the only way we have of knowing if it's been resolved is by waiting off a month or so after someone buys a phone and then posts about it's calamity.

The KEYᵒⁿᵉ started officially selling in aus during this week, and I know of one person who purchased it, so until they report back in a month or so, we won't know re the Aus stock.

But hey, I won't buy from the aus retailer, jbhifi, cos they want $899. Ridiculous! I'll be buying from Selfridges and even with postage included will pay $140 or so less.
    07-07-17 07:33 PM
    Thanks for your reply 😀, and whilst what you say makes sense, it's unsatisfactory.

As it stands the only way we have of knowing if it's been resolved is by waiting off a month or so after someone buys a phone and then posts about it's calamity.

The KEYᵒⁿᵉ started officially selling in aus during this week, and I know of one person who purchased it, so until they report back in a month or so, we won't know re the Aus stock.

But hey, I won't buy from the aus retailer, jbhifi, cos they want $899. Ridiculous! I'll be buying from Selfridges and even with postage included will pay $140 or so less.
    Supposedly they made a financial decision to initiate a resolution and/or replacement strategy based on the following recall formula:

hjc73734 likes this.
    07-07-17 07:40 PM
    We may never know officially when TCL addresses the screen lift issue but this is why there's a year long warranty in place. This phone is simply too good to wait another month. We've been waiting since January give or take. Life's too short. Go out and enjoy this beast.
    anon(870071) likes this.
    07-07-17 07:47 PM
    Supposedly they made a financial decision to initiate a resolution and/or replacement strategy based on the following recall formula:

Lol, that's a frightener add if ever I saw one 😂
    07-07-17 07:54 PM
    We may never know officially when TCL addresses the screen lift issue but this is why there's a year long warranty in place. This phone is simply too good to wait another month. We've been waiting since January give or take. Life's too short. Go out and enjoy this beast.
    We have different purchasing strategies, I'm a conservative buyer, and couldn't care what the Jones' are up to ....
    eldeadache and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    07-07-17 07:56 PM
    We have different purchasing strategies, I'm a conservative buyer, and couldn't care what the Jones' are up to ....
    It's not about keeping up with the Jones'. I'm a conservative consumer too. I came over from the Priv and let me assure you, the KEYone is a huge step forward. All I'm saying is that there's a one year warranty in place so IF your screen lifts on you, TCL will remedy it. Why wait, when you can be more productive today with the KEYone? That's one of the reasons we all choose to use BlackBerry's isn't it?
    07-07-17 08:02 PM
    It's not about keeping up with the Jones'. I'm a conservative consumer too. I came over from the Priv and let me assure you, the KEYone is a huge step forward. All I'm saying is that there's a one year warranty in place so IF your screen lifts on you, TCL will remedy it. Why wait, when you can be more productive today with the KEYone? That's one of the reasons we all choose to use BlackBerry's isn't it?
    I don't choose to buy a KEYᵒⁿᵉ with a known fault ....

You've decided to, that's your choice.
    eldeadache and Legal Eagle like this.
    07-07-17 08:31 PM
    That's fair. I think with most phones today, there's no such thing as a perfect phone. I remember when the Q10 was released, everyone experienced the dreaded double typing issue. Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer for your KEYone.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    07-07-17 08:38 PM
    As much as I would love to purchase a KEYone right now I'm holding off until I see long term usage without the KEYone experiencing the screen issue. Taking the chance to get one now and running the risk of having this happen is not something I care to deal with... nor do I want to go through a warranty exchange in the event it did happen.

It's doubtful TCL will come forward with a statement they have addressed this known issue so I will wait until I feel satisfied it has been remedied.

Bob
    Couver81 likes this.
    07-07-17 08:59 PM
    As much as I would love to purchase a KEYone right now I'm holding off until I see long term usage without the KEYone experiencing the screen issue. Taking the chance to get one now and running the risk of having this happen is not something I care to deal with... nor do I want to go through a warranty exchange in the event it did happen.

It's doubtful TCL will come forward with a statement they have addressed this known issue so I will wait until I feel satisfied it has been remedied.

Bob
    Yep
    07-07-17 09:35 PM
    My first K1 had a faulty keyboard. Replace came in less than a business day. It's been great. The camera is very good and very fast. I've had no issues.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using CB Forums mobile app
    07-07-17 09:46 PM
    Yep, I want to buy the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, so how will I know when the screen issue has been resolved? (cos I'm not buying until there's reassurance it's been sorted)

Is our guess about it's resolution tied to waiting for reports from people approx 4 weeks or so after purchase from Selfridges etc in the UK, or amazon US?

Is that the only strategy open to us?

We're aware that there's no batch / production identifying info on the CA/US boxes, and I don't know if there's still a box date on the latest UK variety.

So how will we know?

(@BlackBerry mobile)
    why afraid when you have warranty? another thread on same topic

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    07-07-17 09:52 PM
    why afraid when you have warranty? another thread on same topic

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    You must have 'fear' on the mind ......

I'm making a reasoned choice re my purchase.

Perhaps you could have overlooked this thread as you've not commented re 'strategy', which is the topic ....
    07-07-17 09:57 PM
    Well the Canadian launch of factory unlocked devices has been delayed until end of August and many carriers are oos and not sure when they will get more.

I must assume by end of summer, they'll have a new and improved batch of phones.

Not sure about everyone else though loll

Posted via CB10
    07-07-17 10:23 PM
    probably tracking a declining equestrian population will be the cue.
    modifier, FF22 and BigBadWulf like this.
    07-07-17 10:43 PM
    Mine just popped out, I'm in Texas and it's hotter than hell, not even 2 weeks old. Sucks
    07-07-17 10:48 PM
    probably tracking a declining equestrian population will be the cue.
    😂😂😂
    07-07-17 10:48 PM
    Mine just popped out, I'm in Texas and it's hotter than hell, not even 2 weeks old. Sucks
    Oh my, not good at all!

Is there a date on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ box?
    07-07-17 10:50 PM
    I don't see a date code, Amazon says send it in for a refund, I don't want a refund, I want the phone. I love it! It's a bad *** phone and I haven't started to learn it.
    07-07-17 10:58 PM
    You are holding off buying a product because some people experienced problems? What kind of fear mongerer consumer are you? lol... my KEYᴼᴺᴱ is flawwwwwless
    07-07-17 11:05 PM
    I think they haven't done anything yet, and the products available now (I'm guessing) have the same vulnerable bugs as before.
    07-07-17 11:05 PM
    I don't see a date code, Amazon says send it in for a refund, I don't want a refund, I want the phone. I love it! It's a bad *** phone and I haven't started to learn it.
    If you get a refund you could buy another KEYᵒⁿᵉ though 😀
    07-07-17 11:17 PM
    You are holding off buying a product because some people experienced problems? What kind of fear mongerer consumer are you? lol... my KEYᴼᴺᴱ is flawwwwwless
    Ahh, so you've got 'fear' on the mind, yes, can understand that, cos you're probably wondering if it's just a matter of time till the screen comes off ....

I'm making an informed purchasing choice. 😀
    07-07-17 11:20 PM
114 123 ...