Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    There are no new updates for the KeyOne in the TCL/BB firmwarelist to see... 😒
    03-19-19 11:58 AM
    There are no new updates for the KeyOne in the TCL/BB firmwarelist to see...
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk
    03-19-19 12:15 PM
    Ah! Thank you...I had the old adress. Now there are some updates to see, but as usual not yet for my german PRD.
    03-19-19 12:24 PM
    Is tclota.birth-online.de no longer valid?
    Last edited by IceCreamPlz; 03-19-19 at 01:35 PM.
    03-19-19 01:12 PM
    Is tclota.birth-online.de no longer valid?
    It's fixed for the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Motion.

I just organise mine differently.
    03-19-19 04:55 PM
    Interesting: The only KeyOne to get the May update so far is the AT&T branded version. It came out in September 2017.
    Andrew Poderis likes this.
    05-31-19 08:10 PM
    Interesting: The only KeyOne to get the May update so far is the AT&T branded version. It came out in September 2017.
    Unfortunately, another thread details it’s the version that’s using an older Base OS that’s different from the other PRDs , yet I’m now at my IT explanation limit.... Sorry .....
    05-31-19 08:16 PM
    I was wondering also what difference that makes.
    05-31-19 08:18 PM
    I was wondering also what difference that makes.
    It means if there were any bug fixes since Aug 2018, you won't get them on AT&T despite having the latest security patch.

There is insufficient information available to determine which situation would be better.
    05-31-19 10:38 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, all unlocked keyone SE and BE will not be getting any further monthly updates?
    06-01-19 02:05 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, all unlocked keyone SE and BE will not be getting any further monthly updates?
    We don't know for certain yet.
    06-01-19 08:28 AM
    Other than pushing security minded people to buy new phones, what is the purpose in stopping security patches? Doesn't Google release them, so no real burden on OEMs?
    RLeeSimon likes this.
    06-01-19 09:38 PM
    Other than pushing security minded people to buy new phones, what is the purpose in stopping security patches? Doesn't Google release them, so no real burden on OEMs?
    Google releases them to AOSP but OEM's need to adapt the updates for their devices and then push them to carriers/users.
    06-01-19 11:51 PM
    and just when we thought BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile couldn't get any worse...
    06-02-19 02:03 PM
    and just when we thought BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile couldn't get any worse...
    What's the getting worse part? Been pretty awesome compared to some Android experiences and I've been happier than BB10 or BBAndroid 3-4 years ago.
    OriginalLucy likes this.
    06-02-19 06:25 PM
    What's the getting worse part? Been pretty awesome compared to some Android experiences and I've been happier than BB10 or BBAndroid 3-4 years ago.
    I've no experience with andriod prior to BlackBerry but for very brief time as a dual boot Cyanogen Mod on my HP TouchPad. Even with rooting and all that, BlackBerry is messy and their empty promises are empty... HP Pre3 and TouchPad were never marketed or sold... no illusions, they were, despite all that, well supported throughout. No secrets. Polite help even for stuff off ebay or other dubious sellers (I got TouchPad from a furniture store)... still using the 50gb free cloud that came with the tablet...
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 06-11-19 at 02:30 PM.
    06-02-19 11:30 PM
    I've no experience with andriod prior to BlackBerry but for very brief time as a dual boot Cyanogen Mod on my HP TouchPad. Even with rooting and all that, BlackBerry is messy and their empty promises are empty... HP Pre3 and TouchPad were never marketed or firewall... no illusions, they were, despite all that, we'll supported throughout. No secrets. Polite help even for stuff off ebay or other dubious (I got TouchPad from a furniture store).
    We got what’s paid for. Do other companies do more ? Sure, but my experience with BBMo hasn’t been any different than before with BlackBerry and it’s own support levels.
    06-03-19 07:32 AM
    We got what’s paid for. Do other companies do more ? Sure, but my experience with BBMo hasn’t been any different than before with BlackBerry and it’s own support levels.
    I don't know... my Z10 got updates much longer than I expected.

I do agree users got what was promised as a minimum. That said, many did believe that the Android Recommends program applied...

And if BBMo is only doing the "minimum"... what is that for the KEY2 and KEY2 LE? They never got the same two year promise.
    06-03-19 08:17 AM
    One thing BBmo might want to think about is if the new phone introduction cycle is longer they might want to carry security updates longer. In my case - waiting for the K3 - I don't want to have my K1 not updated for an extended period of time while waiting for the new phone. The gap could force me to look at another phone if I want to remain security conscious which is a selling point for the BlackBerry phones.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    06-11-19 11:32 AM
    One thing BBmo might want to think about is if the new phone introduction cycle is longer they might want to carry security updates longer. In my case - waiting for the K3 - I don't want to have my K1 not updated for an extended period of time while waiting for the new phone. The gap could force me to look at another phone if I want to remain security conscious which is a selling point for the BlackBerry phones.
    That's what the KEY2 is for.... I guess.

In the end, if a PKB isn't a must...
    06-11-19 03:57 PM
    @conite just posted the autoloader for the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. I'll be updating mine in the morning. Hopefully yours can be updated as well.
    06-11-19 04:56 PM