ive seen the availability of the device in one weeks time and it is only being offered (for now) on telecom companies.. that one sucks

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-24-17 10:29 PM
    05-24-17 10:37 PM
    Nothing confirmed yet. The good news is all three Canadian carriers are fully supporting this device. I am hearing it will be sold factory unlocked but I cannot confirm.
    05-24-17 10:42 PM
    I expect it will be available unlocked from Amazon here on the 31st, just like in the UK and Germany.
    Last edited by BB-JAM215; 05-25-17 at 12:26 AM.
    05-24-17 11:26 PM
    Nothing confirmed yet. The good news is all three Canadian carriers are fully supporting this device. I am hearing it will be sold factory unlocked but I cannot confirm.
    hehe on my part not that much because that keyone will cross pacific ocean hehehe

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-24-17 11:46 PM
    I ordered one factory unlocked from Clove UK. Ordered last Thursday, arrived today. Problem solved.
    05-24-17 11:50 PM
    Someone in another thread confirmed with TCL that it will be available unlocked from Amazon.ca on the 31st.
    05-25-17 12:21 AM
    hehe on my part not that much because that keyone will cross pacific ocean hehehe

Posted via CB10
    It's not going to be much good to you if amazon is the only retailer cos they won't accept non CA buyers (usually)

Have you checked your telco's bands and the uk version?
    05-25-17 01:36 AM
    It's not going to be much good to you if amazon is the only retailer cos they won't accept non CA buyers (usually)

Have you checked your telco's bands and the uk version?
    naah I have a sister ni alberta who can bring the unit for me. I dont know if this is right but most of our device came from canada like my sister's iphone 6. so I guess it will be fine

Posted via CB10
    05-25-17 01:39 AM
    naah I have a sister ni alberta who can bring the unit for me. I dont know if this is right but most of our device came from canada like my sister's iphone 6. so I guess it will be fine

Posted via CB10
    That's easy then 😀
    05-25-17 01:42 AM
    Emailed BlackBerry Mobile support and they confirmed Amazon in Canada + US and Best Buy in US.
    05-25-17 02:03 AM
    Whoa. Confirmed??
    05-25-17 12:31 PM
    Sold factory unlocked by Canada's three wireless carriers?
    05-25-17 12:50 PM
    Here's what I got!
    Attached Thumbnails No unlocked device offering in canada for now? that one sucks-17192.jpg  
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    05-25-17 12:53 PM
    Sold factory unlocked by Canada's three wireless carriers?
    No. Sorry if I did not word that clearly. Carriers will certainly unlock a device for you but for an extra charge. This is also not the same as having a factory unlocked device, because buying a device from a carrier bounds you to their streaky update schedule. It seems as though it will be available on Amazon on the 31st factory unlocked.
    05-25-17 12:56 PM
    No. Sorry if I did not word that clearly. Carriers will certainly unlock a device for you but for an extra charge. This is also not the same as having a factory unlocked device, because buying a device from a carrier bounds you to their streaky update schedule. It seems as though it will be available on Amazon on the 31st factory unlocked.
    what a big duh..

Posted via CB10
    05-25-17 09:52 PM
    what a big duh..

Posted via CB10
    I'm helping out another user that may not understand... Comment not necessary.
    05-26-17 12:22 AM
    Here's what I got!
    This accords with the previous launches in europe. BBMo is not selling unlocked directly. They use retailers. Only question now is what will the price be?
    05-26-17 12:53 AM
    I'm helping out another user that may not understand... Comment not necessary.
    naah u misunderstood my response its about BlackBerry mobile

Posted via CB10
    05-26-17 02:24 AM
    Checked with both Bell and Rogers in a mall store in Calgary yesterday. They will sell the KEYone, plus the code to unlock, as long as you sign up for a plan with them. They will not sell the phone without signing up for a plan, so the phone can be unlocked, but you'd still be tied to a term with the carrier.
    05-29-17 01:15 PM
    Checked with both Bell and Rogers in a mall store in Calgary yesterday. They will sell the KEYone, plus the code to unlock, as long as you sign up for a plan with them. They will not sell the phone without signing up for a plan, so the phone can be unlocked, but you'd still be tied to a term with the carrier.
    Not sure how canadiana works, but can you not just pay off the device soon as they unlock? And its like buying unlocked. At least how it is with att, can go on and finance plan, the few moments later just pay it off and unlock.
    05-29-17 01:44 PM
    Not sure how canadiana works, but can you not just pay off the device soon as they unlock? And its like buying unlocked. At least how it is with att, can go on and finance plan, the few moments later just pay it off and unlock.
    Yes you can do that here and the device will be unlocked so you can use it with different carriers but it's still "carrier locked" which is different than buying a factory unlocked device as it is still bound by the original carrier's update schedules etc.
    05-29-17 09:05 PM
    That's BS, customers should just walkaway, so wrong

Waiting to buy my K1
    05-29-17 09:09 PM
    Carriers are in the business of selling contracts, not phones.

You will be able to buy it unlocked from Amazon.ca on the 31st.
    05-29-17 09:25 PM
    Agreed contracts are the companies objective but offering outright sales must also be offered surely? Considering most folks won't drop 700 bucks and most people are on contracts the option to buy outright will not dent the big three profits. All I am saying is let me choose. I am lucky enough to be able to buy outright 31st.

Waiting to buy my K1
    05-29-17 09:35 PM
37 12