Reading from the integrated BlackBerry Help on my BB KeyOne, under "keyboard", I see that a list of numbers and symbols can be accessed by simply swiping down on the keyboard. That, however, doesn't seem to work. I have tried in various situations and apps. Does anyone else have this problem? I first did a search in the forum for anything similar to this in nature, but I could only find a thread dated 2015 on the Priv.
    06-28-17 05:33 AM
    I do not see that entry in the Blackberry Help app on my Keyone, nor does swiping down seem to do anything
    06-28-17 07:22 AM
    Reading from the integrated BlackBerry Help on my BB KeyOne, under "keyboard", I see that a list of numbers and symbols can be accessed by simply swiping down on the keyboard. That, however, doesn't seem to work. I have tried in various situations and apps. Does anyone else have this problem? I first did a search in the forum for anything similar to this in nature, but I could only find a thread dated 2015 on the Priv.
    It is a feature I miss from the Priv and DTEK60, but it can still be achieved, you just have to hit the "sym" button located between the space bar and shift button.
    06-28-17 09:04 AM
    It is a feature I miss from the Priv and DTEK60, but it can still be achieved, you just have to hit the "sym" button located between the space bar and shift button.
    True. Although I did encounter a situation where the "SYM" key didn't actually work, and I had to resort to finally using the "ALT" key (unfortunately, I don't recall what situation that was. It might have been in the browser). That being said, it still would've been nice if the phone actually did what the company/user's manual says it can do. Otherwise, why include it?
    06-29-17 01:48 AM
    Yes! I was coming on to forums to comment about this very subject. I've gotten so used to that on my passport and miss that swipe down feature on the keyone. Really really wish the keyone had that feature.
    06-29-17 06:00 AM
    Exactly we now have a dedicated button to get to the special characters, so it's redundant.

When the swipe down feature was introduced on the Passport, a lot of users didn't like it till it became the second nature. KEYᵒⁿᵉ is bringing many of the BlackBerry owners to the Android and perhaps they decided not to have a fair many changes.

Either ways, I've got used to the Sym key pretty quickly. Moreover it's the quickest way to get to the VKB and start using swiping, which works better on the on-screen keyboard
    06-30-17 06:02 AM
    Ah, I was hoping there would be an option to turn it on. Also had a Keyone and loved that feature. But as TheBond mentioned, I'm sure hitting the SYM key after a while will also become like second nature too. New BB android users won't notice the difference!
    06-30-17 06:30 AM
    Noticed this right away. Hopefully they can somehow integrate this with an update. It's a key function for BlackBerry keyboards.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-17 06:32 AM
    Well BlackBerry Ltd managed to include this feature on the Priv but TCL inexplicably omitted it from the KEYone.
    (And the Priv has the SYM key as well of course.)
    06-30-17 06:38 AM