Waking up this morning the RGB question was my first and only puzzle. I'm happy with the design, processor, camera actually looks OTT to me...

Verizon is just an annoying sponsor for some NFL games so dunno what that's all about.

I guess I'll wait and see how much Rogers will gouge me for it in April, but I think it's a done deal.
    02-26-17 07:12 AM
    And I know you're in good company that can and has confirmed the same.
    And thank you Fret, I've seen you working hard to clear this up in multiple threads as well.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    02-26-17 03:33 PM
    Who are these "people" you and everyone keep posting about. Let me hear from one creditable person himself rather than everyone else saying it. This is exactly what is causing the confusion that I think would be beneficial to clear up asap. How dumb can BB be to actually post the wrong specs about a device they are releasing on their official page? SMH Why hasn't someone like Blaze cleared this up? Hes been answering questions on other forums
    I'm one of these "people," I was at the event along with a small group of CB users, mods, and staff. Between the different devices I've handled, I've seen the light red, blue, and green. Mr. Berry Flow has photos showing blue and green, and he'll look for if he has any photos that show red as well (he took tons of photos).

Thud Hardsmack and WT44 like this.
    02-26-17 03:37 PM
    Again you are missing the point in what I am saying. Where has slagman posted the he handled the device and it was in fact rgb led? Where cause I would love to read it. And is it possible that the device they are using may have it but it is something BlackBerry scrapped last minute to cut costs. That's all I'm saying. Have someone clear it up. That's all. If blaze or slagman post they have saw the device and spoke w someone from BlackBerry and confirmed it is rgb then I will stop being a pain in the a** ....lol until then I don't buy it. I mean listen to what you guys are saying, do you honestly think that page put up today wasn't checked a million times before having it go live. You honestly think they would make the mistake to put wrong specs of the phone?
    I've actually posted right here in this very thread, all you had to do was scroll up...

Thud Hardsmack and raqball like this.
    02-26-17 03:38 PM
    Lol here we go again...I am not saying it is not in the devices they are seeing, but may have been changed in production models to cut costs. Why doesn't one of those guys there just ask someone from BlackBerry. What's so hard about that? I mean they must be talking about the device so just ask, "hey John(Chen) is this thing staying red or what. Cause your site says no and it's causing a bit of confusion with the Crack berry community?" Oh and can you pass me the brandy... (puff puff)
    That's all possible, thus why I said based on my handling of these devices I can say it's a 95% chance of being RGB in final form. I leave the 5% for that really odd and unlikely decision to make that change for production.

Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-26-17 03:40 PM
    How hard is it to put THE BlackBerry features in the specs?
    02-26-17 03:50 PM
    Lol here we go again...I am not saying it is not in the devices they are seeing, but may have been changed in production models to cut costs. Why doesn't one of those guys there just ask someone from BlackBerry. What's so hard about that? I mean they must be talking about the device so just ask, "hey John(Chen) is this thing staying red or what. Cause your site says no and it's causing a bit of confusion with the Crack berry community?" Oh and can you pass me the brandy... (puff puff)
    Oh, and the reason why I didn't bother to ask about is because based on my knowledge of how production of devices work, it shouldn't go backwards.

Some history. The device shown off at CES in Las Vegas had a white LED. But that one was a hand built pre-production model, basically just for show and tell. At this event and in private showings after that, they progressed to preproduction devices built by the company who will actually be building them for consumer sale. These small batches is to be sure that the mass manufacturing process works with the plans. So I think it's unlikely they wouldn't use final specs for these production runs. There was I think 32 units there, all produced off the assembly line. I'm pretty sure everything about the hardware was final.

Thud Hardsmack and chagheill like this.
    02-26-17 05:18 PM
    Lol.

A little overboard here on the craziness with RGB. It's there folks. I've seen it orange, blue and green. Oddly, not red though lol.

PS: There was zero reason to doubt Slagman, he was there with me. :P
    jakie55, WT44, raqball and 2 others like this.
    02-26-17 09:08 PM
    Lol.

A little overboard here on the craziness with RGB. It's there folks. I've seen it orange, blue and green. Oddly, not red though lol.

Welcome home. Is that why he was only 95% sure?
    02-26-17 09:12 PM
    Lol.

I'm sure it can do red if it's there lol

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 09:34 PM
    Blaze we were never questioning the fact that what you guys were seeing was rgb led, we are just questioning whether BlackBerry made a last minute decision to try and cut cost and eliminated it from final product. I mean tell me you don't find it hard to believe that they STILL have the improper specs up of the phone one their official page...
    02-27-17 08:11 AM
    No Red? Jumps out of window.

Interesting that there is such craziness about the RGB, maybe some of us are not too bothered about the rest of the numbers and just want the Merc now.

Lol.

02-27-17 08:28 AM
    I've got a DTEK50... I don't need to make the switch to the KEYone.. but if it has RBG led then I'll buy it... it not.. I can't be bothered as it's my turning point... Im too used to my Torch 9800, 9810 and Q10 lol oh oh oh and BEBUZZ
    02-27-17 08:55 AM
    No Red? Jumps out of window.

Interesting that there is such craziness about the RGB, maybe some of us are not too bothered about the rest of the numbers and just want the Merc now.
    I think this was a joke? Though not sure

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 08:59 AM
    I mean tell me you don't find it hard to believe that they STILL have the improper specs up of the phone one their official page...
    Pretty much every device I've ever seen launched has had incorrect specs of some sort on their spec page for at least a few days. It would honestly be harder to believe they got everything right lol.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    02-27-17 09:01 AM
    The specs on the website are updated to show a RGB LED
    02-27-17 09:22 AM
    The specs on the website are updated to show a RGB LED
    ...and nothing is ever inaccurate on the Internet. At this point we obviously don't know if any, some, or none of the production devices have the RGB LED, so I propose the following:

1) Everyone buy as many KEYone phones as you can afford.

2) Test each phone.

3) Post the results of your test here.

4) Once all of the phones have been purchased, we'll know how many had the RGB LED.

Or, we can trust that the people who've handled the phone and the updated website, who now agree with each other, are correct.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    02-27-17 09:39 AM
    Blaze we were never questioning the fact that what you guys were seeing was rgb led, we are just questioning whether BlackBerry made a last minute decision to try and cut cost and eliminated it from final product. I mean tell me you don't find it hard to believe that they STILL have the improper specs up of the phone one their official page...
    WE??? Dude, you are the only one questioning the frikcking led even when more than one of the guys who saw it were saying it was RGB.
    WT44 likes this.
    02-27-17 09:47 AM
    First of all how am I the "only" one questioning it when I didn't even start this thread or the other ones that have been started about this, and not to mention there are 3 pages of "other" not "only" people commenting on it. Let me clear something up for everyone who has a problem w me simply trying to get clarification on something that was misprinted. I am asking because I will not get this device if it does not have it, because it is something functional that I use everyday to assign messages different colors while my phone is on silent. I am asking because I would be highly disappointed not getting this device. I do not understand why that is a problem for some of u..
    02-27-17 10:04 AM

(as stated)
    02-27-17 10:04 AM
    No worries.
    02-27-17 10:06 AM
    First of all how am I the "only" one questioning it when I didn't even start this thread or the other ones that have been started about this, and not to mention there are 3 pages of "other" not "only" people commenting on it. Let me clear something up for everyone who has a problem w me simply trying to get clarification on something that was misprinted. I am asking because I will not get this device if it does not have it, because it is something functional that I use everyday to assign messages different colors while my phone is on silent. I am asking because I would be highly disappointed not getting this device. I do not understand why that is a problem for some of u..
    We're aware you haven't been the only one to raise the question; however you may be the only one left refusing to accept the evidence provided from multiple trustworthy sources.
    02-27-17 10:50 AM
    Because up until today it was on BLACKBERRY'S official site. It's not something I was making up to be annoying, it was printed on their site. Lol Anyway, the site has been edited and I am looking forward to getting this device. I'm glad it turned out to be a misprint.
    PALoeza and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    02-27-17 10:57 AM
    Because up until today it was on BLACKBERRY'S official site. It's not something I was making up to be annoying, it was printed on their site. Lol Anyway, the site has been edited and I am looking forward to getting this device. I'm glad it turned out to be a misprint.
    That's why I rarely look at their site. I get nearly all information about BlackBerry devices from this site alone.
    02-27-17 11:17 AM
    Wanna have a good laugh ?

Check the official blackberry site for the Passport.

BlackBerry Passport – Touch screen, touch smartphone keyboard - United States

"On-screen or white LED indicator

(Some notification options are user configurable)"

So answer is : yes, blackberry can put wrong specs on their official site and it can last without any further correction.
    02-27-17 11:42 AM
117 12345