There is no question that internally the KEY2 is a better device. I'm sure it's faster and smoother, but only marginally so. After I got Oreo on the KEYone, my excitement for the KEY2 wore off. I actually think the KEYone feels more premium.
    Exactly..just because it's new doesn't mean it's 'better'..to each their own though
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-16-18 03:43 PM
    Just about every damn smartphone these days is a slight evolution. You could say that about any of them.
    Well, yes but other flagships are already up there so i can get that but nor the keyone/2. Plus the iphone X has something quite different in terms of UX. The pixel is always on the latest OS and has terrific hardware specs. For those i get it. But not for the mid range key1/2.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-16-18 04:03 PM
    I'm planning to keep my KEYone until Oreo patches end, which shouldn't happen before Q4 2020.

I too would love the Speed Key mapped to the right shift key!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    I have that. You can have that. Just you the buttons remapper app. I use it and it works just fine. On top of right shift being the speed key i use the convenience key to pull the notification shade down and back up ! Great !
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-16-18 04:06 PM
    so with Oreo and the speed key mapped as the roght shift key it os down to larger matte pkb versus smaller glossy pkb, RAM and CPU. let everyone make up their mind. as far as i am concerned. i ll wait for the key3 for a jump.
    08-16-18 04:09 PM
    Oreo... wow! It’s been a great first day on my KeyOne.

Very smooth. Zero lag.
    j21jam6 likes this.
    08-16-18 04:52 PM
    Also right about the PKB it feels cheap and the space bar is pure trash ..
    Ok, I too own the K1 (now on OREO) and the Silver K2. I still love my K1, however, you are fooling yourselves that the K2 is not by far the better devise in every way except camera which is an update away from being equal to and more functional. As I said, I still love the K1, however, even when I type on it, which is a great experience, the, as you call it, cheap looking PKB on the K2 blows it away, not fiction, fact! Anyway, keep the K1 on OREO and you can't go wrong, but bashing a superior K2 to make your decision more palatable, is just, well, cowardly and misinformed! Cheers,
    Last edited by Crusader03; 08-16-18 at 06:23 PM.
    j21jam6 likes this.
    08-16-18 05:35 PM
    In all actuality it was the last video CBK put out with the wish list for a Keythree that certainly persuaded me to keep my keyone not to mention Oreo was released the day after the video. I've decided to put $60/month away in a shoebox for the next 12 months. For those of you with a Keytwo ENJOY!
    08-16-18 07:04 PM
    The KEY2 is great, no question. I'm sure it's faster than the KEYone. However, my camera on the KEYone is still better and battery life is about the same. The KEY2 spacebar is still a problem. In 6 months I'm sure the hardware will be fixed and the new batches of KEY2's will be better.

I'm not sure that the camera on the KEY2 will ever be better. There are things that software can't fix.
    valer466 likes this.
    08-16-18 07:23 PM
    Google delete call recorder apps api on Android pie so one more good reason to keep Key1 as a secondary phone for more long time for business.
    08-16-18 08:39 PM
    I'm glad I decided to not purchase the Keytwo and waited for the Oreo rollout. I'm finally able to maintain a stable 5ghz wifi connection. The phone feels brand new again and should easily get me through 1 more year. Hopefully TCL/BBm are paying attention to the threads and will release a true flagship Keythree next year. At that point I will consider an upgrade.
    Yeah I trully think that blackberry walk into right path by using 660 instead of 636. Maybe next year they decided to use 8xx series at 650$ price range.
    08-16-18 09:06 PM
    Yeah I trully think that blackberry walk into right path by using 660 instead of 636. Maybe next year they decided to use 8xx series at 650$ price range.
    If it means sacrificing even a little bit of battery life, then I would not want them to use an 8xx.

This race for specs is ridiculous. The 660 is plenty fast enough, I don't even think to myself that I need anything faster while using my KEY2
    j21jam6 likes this.
    08-16-18 11:04 PM
    If it means sacrificing even a little bit of battery life, then I would not want them to use an 8xx.

This race for specs is ridiculous. The 660 is plenty fast enough, I don't even think to myself that I need anything faster while using my KEY2
    Yes all about UX but with increased screen resolution, use of AI, multitasking and OS evolution we might just need this extra computing power.
    08-17-18 12:02 AM
    The KEY2 is great, no question. I'm sure it's faster than the KEYone. However, my camera on the KEYone is still better and battery life is about the same. The KEY2 spacebar is still a problem. In 6 months I'm sure the hardware will be fixed and the new batches of KEY2's will be better.

I'm not sure that the camera on the KEY2 will ever be better. There are things that software can't fix.
    Point well documented. However most do not have the wobble issue including my Silver K2. As for the camera, I did not state that it will be better, it will be at par with more options and functionality and the K1 had a pretty good camera all things considered.
    08-17-18 12:26 AM

Yeah because there's possibility that the next generation of 8xx will also use less power then previous generation (83x or 84x). If it use 8 series then the price will be reasonable.
    08-17-18 06:00 AM
    Point well documented. However most do not have the wobble issue including my Silver K2. As for the camera, I did not state that it will be better, it will be at par with more options and functionality and the K1 had a pretty good camera all things considered.
    No sure if it will ever really be on-par if the hardware if the camera sensor is inferior. The KEYone uses the Sony IMX378 sensor used is the same as the one in the Pixel, and one of the best pieces of hardware out there.

Software can only take it so far. I'm sure software can improve pictures, but like processors, you can only take it so far.
    08-17-18 06:52 AM
    I think the norm today is buy a phone and then keep it for almost three years (and growing).... number of people upgrading each year (or even sooner) is pretty small. So it's to be expected that if someone bought the KEYone they wouldn't feel the "need" to upgrade to the KEY2 or even the KEY3....

That's why BBMo needs a userbase of probable at least 5 Million to make this a viable business.
    08-17-18 10:48 AM
    As long as I got an option of obtaining a blackberry with a keyboard. I'm good. Key 2...3....5, doesn't matter to me.
    j21jam6 likes this.
    08-17-18 10:57 AM
    As long as I got an option of obtaining a blackberry with a keyboard. I'm good. Key 2...3....5, doesn't matter to me.
    That's what most of us are hoping
    08-17-18 11:03 AM
    I think the norm today is buy a phone and then keep it for almost three years (and growing).... number of people upgrading each year (or even sooner) is pretty small. So it's to be expected that if someone bought the KEYone they wouldn't feel the "need" to upgrade to the KEY2 or even the KEY3....

That's why BBMo needs a userbase of probable at least 5 Million to make this a viable business.
    Funny i had the impression that people would try to habe the latest and greatest. Is that coming from from some sort of studies or an intuition ?
    08-17-18 11:06 AM
    No sure if it will ever really be on-par if the hardware if the camera sensor is inferior. The KEYone uses the Sony IMX378 sensor used is the same as the one in the Pixel, and one of the best pieces of hardware out there.

Software can only take it so far. I'm sure software can improve pictures, but like processors, you can only take it so far.
    Should be on par as it has the same sensors as the G9 and those are pretty good. So yes, software should equal it out and for me, I had no complaints with the K1 camera, it was great. Cheers,
    08-17-18 11:21 AM
    Funny i had the impression that people would try to habe the latest and greatest. Is that coming from from some sort of studies or an intuition ?
    There are multiple studies done, and the data is easy to come by. Average time a phone is kept has gone from 23 months about four years ago to 31 or 32 months more recentky, if I remember correctly. OEMs and Google are responding by promising up to three years of support. They wouldn't do that if they didn't need to to close sales.

08-17-18 11:27 AM
    According to the latest Mobile Connectivity Report from NPD Connected Intelligence, the average U.S. smartphone upgrade cycle is 32 months, up from 25 months one year prior.

That combined with market saturation is why smartphone sales a actually falling at this point.

Number of postpaid consumer upgrading their device within a year of purchasing their phone... was only 10%. The rate for prepaid was higher at 21%... but that's because they generally purchase lower cost devices.

Now this is data from the US Market....
    08-17-18 11:29 AM
    According to the latest Mobile Connectivity Report from NPD Connected Intelligence, the average U.S. smartphone upgrade cycle is 32 months, up from 25 months one year prior.

That combined with market saturation is why smartphone sales a actually falling at this point.

Number of postpaid consumer upgrading their device within a year of purchasing their phone... was only 10%. The rate for prepaid was higher at 21%... but that's because they generally purchase lower cost devices.

Now this is data from the US Market....
    And it makes intuitive sense to many of us who are long time mobile users. Before Android Lollipop it was worthwhile to upgrade every year. But since Marshmallow, I feel like Android has become a much more stable and mature platform.

08-17-18 11:34 AM
    That s a good trend ! wasnt aware of it
    08-17-18 11:36 AM
    I will wait until my K1 bits the dust so either K3 or 4 should be out by then, hopefully those phones will maintain the quality feel that the K1 has. If they end up going down in quality I guess it's Hello Samsung.
    Last edited by stevec66; 08-17-18 at 11:22 PM.
    08-17-18 11:48 AM
66 123