I'm glad I decided to not purchase the Keytwo and waited for the Oreo rollout. I'm finally able to maintain a stable 5ghz wifi connection. The phone feels brand new again and should easily get me through 1 more year. Hopefully TCL/BBm are paying attention to the threads and will release a true flagship Keythree next year. At that point I will consider an upgrade.
    08-16-18 06:47 AM
    I actually just been thinking about the same thing. My Silver KEYone seems to be snappier , I also like addition of night mode and wifi calling. The phone definitely runs better with OREO. Not much of a visual upgrade but there are many improvements under the hood for sure. Right now I do not feel need to upgrade to KEY2.
    jdelvalle56 and Sammy Singh2 like this.
    08-16-18 06:59 AM
    It's charging more quickly.
    jdelvalle56 likes this.
    08-16-18 07:06 AM
    Perhaps this is the reason all along why OREO update came out this. Some would feel like there is no reason to upgrade to KEY2 because OREO is so good and do not upgrade to KEY2
    jdelvalle56 and skinnymike1 like this.
    08-16-18 07:12 AM
    and now that you mention that, tcl will roll out an upgrade to slow down the keytwo :P lol
    08-16-18 07:16 AM
    As far as I know, Oreo won't make the keys bigger and matte finish.

There are other reasons to upgrade to KEY2, such as lighter weight etc...

Either way, I don't think TCL expected most K1 owners to make that switch since K1 launched about a year and 2 months ago.

I think it was more for BBOS or BB10 / Priv users to upgrade.
    skinnymike1 and moosbb like this.
    08-16-18 07:51 AM
    I'm glad I decided to not purchase the Keytwo and waited for the Oreo rollout. I'm finally able to maintain a stable 5ghz wifi connection. The phone feels brand new again and should easily get me through 1 more year. Hopefully TCL/BBm are paying attention to the threads and will release a true flagship Keythree next year. At that point I will consider an upgrade.
    I wish they made right shift key also be changeable to speed key option on KEYone, that would be perfect to feel the experience. I do not understand why they remove right shift key on KEY2 and didn't just put speed key next the right shift key??
    08-16-18 08:06 AM
    At the end of the day the KeyOne is still fairly new and for me its still going strong. Yes more RAM and fast CPU is great but do I need it? No... But K3 would be something for sure...
    08-16-18 08:14 AM
    is the speedkey a thing for k1 now?
    08-16-18 08:23 AM
    Same for me, been having it for a year only so no need/desire to change so soon. However, I will make sure that Key3 IS flagship level with Android P on board (and/or Q)...

If the hardware doesnt make *such* a difference (matte finish, more clicky/bouncy, a tad snappier) then better hold for another year.
    08-16-18 08:50 AM
    As far as I know, Oreo won't make the keys bigger and matte finish.

There are other reasons to upgrade to KEY2, such as lighter weight etc...

Either way, I don't think TCL expected most K1 owners to make that switch since K1 launched about a year and 2 months ago.

I think it was more for BBOS or BB10 / Priv users to upgrade.
    i would get KEY2 if it was not for THE camera. if the camera was substantially better on KEY2 i would KEY2
    08-16-18 09:15 AM
    honnestly it is just a slight evolution nothing really new to be worth a 600$ update.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-16-18 09:41 AM
    honnestly it is just a slight evolution nothing really new to be worth a 600$ update.
    Just about every damn smartphone these days is a slight evolution. You could say that about any of them.
    08-16-18 10:01 AM
    is the speedkey a thing for k1 now?
    Not sure that it's that important. I just press home and the shortcut I need. Double tap "recents" to get back to the previous app.

This doesn't require two hands and the convenience key already jumps out of apps on my KEYone.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-16-18 10:45 AM
    I agree. Especially after getting the Oreo update not worth getting the Key 2 other than the physical changes (specially the all black variant and the speed key/keyboard matt)
    08-16-18 12:43 PM
    I'm planning to keep my KEYone until Oreo patches end, which shouldn't happen before Q4 2020.

I too would love the Speed Key mapped to the right shift key!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    08-16-18 12:49 PM
    It's charging more quickly.
    Weird but I felt it charged slower with Oreo. Then again its only a feeling
    08-16-18 01:06 PM
    I am happy I sold my key2 for 750 dollars (free upgrade) which I owned for a week and eventually my silver keyone for 330 Canadian and bought the keyone black edition. I never liked the feel of the key2 felt like cheap plastic and the space bar is cheap and way too loud. Now with the upgrade to Oreo I am even happier I didn't stick with the key2. The matte keyboard imo is not better than the glossy and the keyone has a much more solid premium feel to it
    08-16-18 02:55 PM
    I am happy I sold my key2 for 750 dollars (free upgrade) which I owned for a week and eventually my silver keyone for 330 Canadian and bought the keyone black edition. I never liked the feel of the key2 felt like cheap plastic and the space bar is cheap and way too loud. Now with the upgrade to Oreo I am even happier I didn't stick with the key2. The matte keyboard imo is not better than the glossy and the keyone has a much more solid premium feel to it
    Black edition I got for 500 Canadian no tax..so that was a great deal
    08-16-18 02:56 PM
    I actually just been thinking about the same thing. My Silver KEYone seems to be snappier , I also like addition of night mode and wifi calling. The phone definitely runs better with OREO. Not much of a visual upgrade but there are many improvements under the hood for sure. Right now I do not feel need to upgrade to KEY2.
    You said it brother..the keyone is still a fantastic device and I just like it better than the key2 in every way
    08-16-18 02:56 PM
    Since someone started this thread, I'm going to chime in. When I went to the Rogers store and tried the KEY2, my first impression was that it felt "cheap". It was lighter and more "plastic" in feeling. The keyboard was bigger, but the matte finish actually looked cheaper looking than the KEYone. The space bar also wobbled.

Also, reports of the camera being worse than the KEYone are not encouraging.

Oreo really breathed some live into the KEYone. I may actually skip the KEY2 unless something happens to my KEYone.
    08-16-18 03:07 PM
    Since someone started this thread, I'm going to chime in. When I went to the Rogers store and tried the KEY2, my first impression was that it felt "cheap". It was lighter and more "plastic" in feeling. The keyboard was bigger, but the matte finish actually looked cheaper looking than the KEYone.

Oreo really breathed some live into the KEYone. I may actually skip the KEY2 unless something happens to my KEYone.
    BINGO..when I got the keyone I was obsessed with it. I had the key2 and I was forcing myself to like it. It looks and feels cheap in every way compared to black edition which looks and feels premium.
    TrueNorth85 likes this.
    08-16-18 03:10 PM
    Since someone started this thread, I'm going to chime in. When I went to the Rogers store and tried the KEY2, my first impression was that it felt "cheap". It was lighter and more "plastic" in feeling. The keyboard was bigger, but the matte finish actually looked cheaper looking than the KEYone. The space bar also wobbled.

Also right about the PKB it feels cheap and the space bar is pure trash ..
    08-16-18 03:10 PM
    There is no question that internally the KEY2 is a better device. I'm sure it's faster and smoother, but only marginally so. After I got Oreo on the KEYone, my excitement for the KEY2 wore off. I actually think the KEYone feels more premium.
    Sammy Singh2 likes this.
    08-16-18 03:16 PM
    BINGO..when I got the keyone I was obsessed with it. I had the key2 and I was forcing myself to like it. It looks and feels cheap in every way compared to black edition which looks and feels premium.
    I'm typing this on my silver KEY2, coming from a Black Edition KEYone. In my opinion, the KEY2 is superior in every way besides maybe the spacebar click. Mine has no wobble, just a tiny input delay when hitting it.
    KEY2 feels like a more refined product, lighter also so less hand fatigue on long phone calls and more balanced when typing. The keyboard is seated higher so it's a nicer experience in that regards. Loving the matte keys. I tried going back to the KEYone and the smaller keys feel more cramped and the gloss gives a sweaty/squeaky feel.

It's funny how different people perceive things differently, but I have no desire to go back to the KEYone Black.
    08-16-18 03:18 PM
66 123