Just tried, it also mutes a local mp3. Summary seems like this, BBOS Pauses, Priv/Dtek Mutes, and K1 is unknown but does NOTHING out of the box for music audio.
    06-14-17 03:05 PM
    Just tried, it also mutes a local mp3. Summary seems like this, BBOS Pauses, Priv/Dtek Mutes, and K1 is unknown but does NOTHING out of the box for music audio.
    BBOS and BB10 both paused. Muting is kind of useless, you can just lower the volume with the volume rocker if you wanted that. I don't want to miss part of my song just because I needed to talk to someone at that moment...

There is supposedly an action for play/pause, but cannot figure out what the convenience key is called in the list of keys it has to choose from...
    06-14-17 03:12 PM
    How do you guys feel about this? I knew I was going to miss the pause functionality like hell moving to Android, but now not being able to mute at all? I do believe I heard mr. Mobile saying the convenience key mutes the audio during a call. I would love to see this thing able to mute music as well.

Posted via CB10
    Imho, this is a perfect example of one area where BBOS and BB10 devices exceeded. We always had the mute key, and the option in the OS to use the volume up/down/mute as media playback controls. And that was really awesome.

The Android function to advance tracks by double pressing your headphone function button is not always reliable, and it's slower. What about going back? Nope, unless the player supports a 3 button press (like BlackPlayer).

For all its hype, it's amazing Android and iOS don't have a feature in the OS for this simple yet effective mechanism. Oh sure, there's hundreds of little utility apps that claim to implement this, but they don't always work. And why need an extra app like this for such a sensible feature.
    gebco likes this.
    06-14-17 03:16 PM
    I really have to get used to the fact that I'm going to need to download a bunch of apps for stuff we used to do out of the box. Maybe BBMobile will listen and bring this feature back. It's definitely possible.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I really hope they do!
    06-14-17 03:17 PM
    Imho, this is a perfect example of one area where BBOS and BB10 devices exceeded. We always had the mute key, and the option in the OS to use the volume up/down/mute as media playback controls. And that was really awesome.

The Android function to advance tracks by double pressing your headphone function button is not always reliable, and it's slower. What about going back? Nope, unless the player supports a 3 button press (like BlackPlayer).

For all its hype, it's amazing Android and iOS don't have a feature in the OS for this simple yet effective mechanism. Oh sure, there's hundreds of little utility apps that claim to implement this, but they don't always work. And why need an extra app like this for such a sensible feature.
    The funny thing is if you ask most people what Android does better than BB10/BBOS, media consumption would be one of the most popular answers, yet I felt at least in this area BB10 and BBOS handled media so much better. Controlling your media with the volume and play/pause key, and also when a notification for a text or email comes in, it goes to your phone without interrupting your music while in Android it annoyingly quiets the music and blasts the notification sound through your speakers to announce to the entire world that you're having a conversation with someone, it's so damn stupid and can't understand why they don't yet have an option to change that behavior...
    terminatorx likes this.
    06-14-17 04:11 PM
    The mute key was more than convenient. On the other hand they added a so-called convenience key which I personally find totally inconvenient due to its location. I keep hitting it by mistake especially during calls. Now it's set to..nothing.
    06-26-17 02:49 AM
    I have shared another method of use of Blackberry keyone convenience key as mute switch (timed)

https://forum.xda-developers.com/bla...witch-t3899281

Or

https://forum.xda-developers.com/bla...-keyone/how-to
    02-13-19 07:26 PM
82 ... 234