Play/Pause button on the headset. Bonus: double tap to skip tracks.

I have Button Mapper to enable the BB10 like functionality, but I honestly haven't used it in ages.
    I don't use a headset. I stream music using the music gateway to my car via BT. So before someone tries to recommend it, no car controls since it's through the music gateway. My car is too low-end to have all of that fancy stuff...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-23-17 11:18 AM
    I don't use a headset. I stream music using the music gateway to my car via BT. So before someone tries to recommend it, no car controls since it's through the music gateway. My car is too low-end to have all of that fancy stuff...

Maybe you need a better music gateway that does have buttons... things are like friggin twenty bucks.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00RH2...UvbUpU12813354
    03-23-17 11:28 AM
    Maybe you need a better music gateway that does have buttons... things are like friggin twenty bucks.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00RH2...UvbUpU12813360
    Um, the music gateway is hidden inside my center console where you can't see it. So all i have to do is hit a nfc tag I have in the car to connect and the music is flowing. How is reaching down to press a button on the gateway itself better than hitting a button on a phone on my holster? I'm so confused...

This is literally how it goes. I get in my car, tap a nfc tag. Put the phone back in my holster, the music starts, and my phone is in a holster clipped on towards the front right of my belt, so from the steering wheel I move my hand literally about 5 inches to control my music between the bottom of the steering wheel to the front of my waist where the phone is clipped... But I guess reaching over to something either on the dash or somewhere else is somehow better? *shrug*

03-23-17 11:35 AM
    I've occasionally scour the Crackberry forums in hopes of a workaround to this media button. I listen to podcast via phone speaker and earphones, and the physical play/pause button is on top of my wishlist for BlackBerry android phones. I've tried the priv, dtek50 and 60 and there has not been satisfactory solution to this. Button remapper does not work, and so far I have no luck with frinky music controller.
    03-25-17 09:46 AM
    And for those who are wondering, I have set my dtek 60 convenience key to open bbm, but during phone calls this button automatically acts as a mute button.
    03-25-17 09:50 AM
    Wait, frinky doesn't work?? Dammit...

03-25-17 12:07 PM
    I've occasionally scour the Crackberry forums in hopes of a workaround to this media button. I listen to podcast via phone speaker and earphones, and the physical play/pause button is on top of my wishlist for BlackBerry android phones. I've tried the priv, dtek50 and 60 and there has not been satisfactory solution to this. Button remapper does not work, and so far I have no luck with frinky music controller.
    Then you clearly did something wrong. I have a Priv and use Button remapper to change the middle button to act as a play/pause button and it works flawlessly. Same for other people I know with a Priv.
    03-25-17 05:23 PM
    Then you clearly did something wrong. I have a Priv and use Button remapper to change the middle button to act as a play/pause button and it works flawlessly. Same for other people I know with a Priv.
    Have you tried it with podcast apps? I am using pocket casts but may be willing to give other apps a try if the physical button can play/pause
    03-25-17 07:02 PM
    Actually the latest version brought some issues back, e.g. the bug for tapping volume up repeatedly came back. I'm considering removing it since I never really use the volume rocker for changing tracks or play/pause.
    03-26-17 03:19 PM
    In my case, I always loathed the button, never used it on purpose and just pressed it accidentally, so I won't miss it, even on BB10 I never saw the need for it.
    03-26-17 03:42 PM
    In my case, I always loathed the button, never used it on purpose and just pressed it accidentally, so I won't miss it, even on BB10 I never saw the need for it.
    When you're in conference calls all the time, it's a saving grace. That's pretty much the only phone calls I make these days.
    03-26-17 09:08 PM
    When you're in conference calls all the time, it's a saving grace. That's pretty much the only phone calls I make these days.
    Completely agree. The blackberry android phones does a nice job of this feature
    03-26-17 10:35 PM
    The convenience key IS the mute key. First thing I tested on the KEYone. I need it for conference calls.
    Yah, I read that as well, it's good to hear. Now if it also works as a play/pause button when media is playing but somehow doesn't interfere with what else we have the convenience key set to...
    Correct me if I'm wrong. I thought the convinience key become the mute button when we are having calls?
    Yes, but what acts as the play/pause function while playing media?
    Since many people own the KeyOne by now can somebody test what happens when you click on the convenience key while a) listening to music using Poweramp, b) when you're watching a Youtube video with the the Opera browser, c) when you watching videos that are stored on your phones Memorycard??

Also, is it possible to assigning some kind of "pause functionality" to the letter [p] of the keyboard or are keyboard shortcuts solely for opening apps??
    05-08-17 10:36 AM
    Since many people own the KeyOne by now can somebody test what happens when you click on the convenience key while a) listening to music using Poweramp, b) when you're watching a Youtube video with the the Opera browser, c) when you watching videos that are stored on your phones Memorycard??

Also, is it possible to assigning some kind of "pause functionality" to the letter [p] of the keyboard or are keyboard shortcuts solely for opening apps??
    I set it to open whatsapp

Chrome browser: opens app
    Youtube app; opens app
    Playing video from device; opens app
    Pressing any key on keyboard does not pause playoff on all options.

(Sorry not downloading other apps to check your requests)

Like discussed earlier; u can set conience key to mute media play so u have the media mute and mic mute on phone calls. Dunno about a pause buttom
    WT44 likes this.
    05-08-17 10:49 AM

I have set my convenience key to toggle media volume. So whenever I am watching a video or music, I can safely mute media volume only.

That does the trick for me.
    05-08-17 12:24 PM
    I have set my convenience key to toggle media volume. So whenever I am watching a video or music, I can safely mute media volume only.

That does the trick for me.
    Yeah, that's clear that the convenience key could be set up to mute, but what about a possibility to pause though? Or for example dedicate the letter [p] to it?
    05-08-17 01:24 PM
    Yeah, that's clear that the convenience key could be set up to mute, but what about a possibility to pause though? Or for example dedicate the letter [p] to it?
    I don't believe there's a shortcut to Play/Pause globally. The keyboard shortcuts are only available on the Home screen. Each app needs to program PKB keys themselves.

Convenience key does fire off events globally but I can't see an option to map it to pausing currently played music out of the box. If there's an app that can do it, technically you can map it to your Convenience key.
    05-08-17 01:43 PM
    I don't believe there's a shortcut to Play/Pause globally. The keyboard shortcuts are only available on the Home screen. Each app needs to program PKB keys themselves.

Convenience key does fire off events globally but I can't see an option to map it to pausing currently played music out of the box. If there's an app that can do it, technically you can map it to your Convenience key.
    Yea, like I mentioned in this thread, I have success using this app called "Button Remapper":
    ---->https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uttonsremapper
    to re-assign the pause/play possibility to the middle mute button on the Priv. I wonder if this app will be compatible with Nougat and if it will let me assign pause/play to the convenience key or the letter [p], seeing that the system clearly doesn't allow it natively.
    05-08-17 01:49 PM
    Yea, like I mentioned in this thread, I have success using this app called "Button Remapper":
    ---->https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uttonsremapper
    to re-assign the pause/play possibility to the middle mute button on the Priv. I wonder if this app will be compatible with Nougat and if it will let me assign pause/play to the convenience key or the letter [p], seeing that the system clearly doesn't allow it natively.
    Ok I tried the app and it works with some issues.
    I had two options, either have a shortcut that overrides System or without overriding.

In both options if I want to type, the keyboard itself doesn't work as I want it to. For eg with overriding System, I can never use the specified key for typing as it'll fire off the action to play/pause media. Without overriding, it would play/pause media every time I typed that letter.

Perhaps the paid version would help that functions with combination of few buttons or if I map convenience key.
    05-08-17 02:26 PM
    Now that the phone is released, can anyone update this thread with any way to remap the convenience key to Mute Music Audio? I know it does phone mute automatically, but would like to be able to mute Audio volume.
    06-13-17 07:01 PM
    Now that the phone is released, can anyone update this thread with any way to remap the convenience key to Mute Music Audio? I know it does phone mute automatically, but would like to be able to mute Audio volume.
    Uh, mute music audio or pause it? Because in previous BB devices with the middle button it PAUSES music, not mutes it. People only called it a "mute" button because it mutes the mic during phone calls...

But I'll download the app to see if I can make the convenience key PAUSE music. I'll let you know.
    06-14-17 02:25 PM
    Uh, mute music audio or pause it? Because in previous BB devices with the middle button it PAUSES music, not mutes it. People only called it a "mute" button because it mutes the mic during phone calls...

But I'll download the app to see if I can make the convenience key PAUSE music. I'll let you know.
    Actually, it is an Audio Mute. I just grabbed my Priv, started Iheartmedia audio stream of a live station, pressed the Convenience key, and the audio muted (can't pause a live stream). Moreover when I pressed it I got the musical note symbol with a slash through it on my Priv screen, showing the Android OS had muted all Music/Notification Audio. So it is a Mute for sure, maybe a Pause if the app supports Pause.
    THIS is the feature I'd love on the K1. Great when the boss comes in or the phone rings to mute it without even waking the screen.
    06-14-17 02:32 PM
    How do you guys feel about this? I knew I was going to miss the pause functionality like hell moving to Android, but now not being able to mute at all? I do believe I heard mr. Mobile saying the convenience key mutes the audio during a call. I would love to see this thing able to mute music as well.

Posted via CB10
    You're going to have to experiment with settings! Like you I listen to alot of music and the call coming in automatically mutes the music!
    06-14-17 02:39 PM
    Actually, it is an Audio Mute. I just grabbed my Priv, started Iheartmedia audio stream of a live station, pressed the Convenience key, and the audio muted (can't pause a live stream). Moreover when I pressed it I got the musical note symbol with a slash through it on my Priv screen, showing the Android OS had muted all Music/Notification Audio. So it is a Mute for sure, maybe a Pause if the app supports Pause.
    THIS is the feature I'd love on the K1. Great when the boss comes in or the phone rings to mute it without even waking the screen.
    I can't tell if your situation is because it's a live stream or because maybe BB Android handled it differently. Because on BB10 and BBOS devices, obviously not when playing a live stream, pressing that button paused music. Have you tried a mp3 locally stored on your phone?
    06-14-17 02:57 PM
    Just downloaded it does anyone know what the convenience key would show up as within the app??
    06-14-17 03:00 PM
82 1234