We get no gallery app? Maybe with oreo update? Anyone knows?
    06-15-18 10:53 AM
    Photos app.
    06-15-18 10:55 AM
    We get no gallery app? Maybe with oreo update? Anyone knows?
    This is Blackberry Gallery App that comes pre-installed with the Chinese variant of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Give it whirl, I use it on mine.

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/blackbe...-apk-download/
    NightFire and DollarVoter like this.
    06-15-18 03:41 PM
    Just use Google Photos, it has all the features and backup abilities.
    06-15-18 03:44 PM
    This is Blackberry Gallery App that comes pre-installed with the Chinese variant of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Give it whirl, I use it on mine.

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/blackbe...-apk-download/
    Life savior bro. Is it safee to usee ? like it.
    DollarVoter likes this.
    06-15-18 03:46 PM
    Just use Google Photos, it has all the features and backup abilities.
    Yeah google photos is good. But i just need one local gallery.ty for the replay
    06-15-18 03:48 PM
    It shows local pictures, too. It's a gallery, just with a different name.
    06-15-18 03:49 PM
    Life savior bro. Is it safee to usee ? like it.
    Safe to use. I deleted Google Photos when I started getting suggested enhancements to my photos from Google.
    06-15-18 04:04 PM
    Safe to use. I deleted Google Photos when I started getting suggested enhancements to my photos from Google.
    Good to know
    DollarVoter likes this.
    06-15-18 04:09 PM
    How did it give you these "suggestions"?

While in the app? Pop ups elsewhere? Random times while using the phone? Details on how it did that, please.

I have the app on my S8, and I haven't seen peep from it, even while using it. Although I mostly use Samsung's own Gallery app.

If it's connected to the Google app itself... that could explain it. I disabled that app the first minute I got the S8.
    06-15-18 04:43 PM

While in the app? Pop ups elsewhere? Random times while using the phone? Details on how it did that, please.

I have the app on my S8, and I haven't seen peep from it, even while using it. Although I mostly use Samsung's own Gallery app.

If it's connected to the Google app itself... that could explain it. I disabled that app the first minute I got the S8.
    It's been so long now since I deleted Google Photo that I really don't remember how the suggestions were coming, certainly not email but most likely when opening the app it would have a suggested enhancement for one of my photos.
    06-15-18 04:55 PM
    Oh, come on. Can't take a little constructive criticism from a computer???? (g)
    06-15-18 06:33 PM

Yeah: "Move to a more scenic locale." "Get a new boy/girlfriend" "Find a cuter kid!"

I quickly turned off uploading to its Cloud when it asked to share my photos with "the world." That was enough for me to hate it.
    Uglyindian and NightFire like this.
    06-15-18 06:35 PM
    It's been so long now since I deleted Google Photo that I really don't remember how the suggestions were coming, certainly not email but most likely when opening the app it would have a suggested enhancement for one of my photos.
    Maybe it’s because all your photos were selfies...
    06-15-18 06:37 PM
    Maybe it’s because all your photos were selfies...
    But it was so insulting when Google kept suggesting Male Enhancement. Sob...
    FF22 and Soapm like this.
    06-15-18 06:56 PM
    But it was so insulting when Google kept suggesting Male Enhancement. Sob...
    LMAO
    06-15-18 07:17 PM

If you sync photos it gives suggestions as you use the phone as a notification. Generally after it has sync'ed new ones or while you're using the app. Personally, I enjoy the suggestions as it reminds me to share with family, edit photos or even create movies. It even gives you like roundups from your trips or vactions. 'Here's your trip to Phoenix from June 15th'.. and it shows all the pics you took in Phoenix as an example. Though, naturally, some folks would find that invasive if they already don't trust Google.
    rolfep likes this.
    06-15-18 09:26 PM
    I see.

I don't let anything like that sync. I just copy as I need to my PC.
    06-15-18 09:55 PM
    meh the keyboard scrolling is bad in that app, especially up scrolling. works better in google photos

Edit: ok nvm it's about the same. And as soon as the app has loaded all photos it works pretty smooth.
    06-16-18 01:12 AM
    but the app makes weird stuff when I press buttons. Random marking phones instead of t and b shortcuts for top and bottom jump
    06-16-18 01:26 AM
    Yeah: "Move to a more scenic locale." "Get a new boy/girlfriend" "Find a cuter kid!"

I quickly turned off uploading to its Cloud when it asked to share my photos with "the world." That was enough for me to hate it.
    I have upload to the cloud turned off, too. The only time I have regretted that was when I moved my sd card from my Q10 to my Priv and somehow 2 and a half years of photos disappeared into the ether from my card. Hadn't done a backup for a while (my fault and I accept responsibility) and lost some photos. Fortunately, all my good shots had been sent to friends and family and I was able to retrieve them from my attachments.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    06-16-18 02:34 AM
    I now buy a new sd card for every phone. They are so cheap, now, so why not? I remember paying upwards of $40 for a 2GB sd card in 2008. Pretty sure I haven't spent anywhere close for an sd card or flash drive since. And I have a high speed flash drive (thumb drive) I paid less for over a year and a half ago that I use for my 2-in-1 Windows tablet (that surprisingly can run Civ V).

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    06-16-18 02:38 AM
    I have upload to the cloud turned off, too. The only time I have regretted that was when I moved my sd card from my Q10 to my Priv and somehow 2 and a half years of photos disappeared into the ether from my card. Hadn't done a backup for a while (my fault and I accept responsibility) and lost some photos. Fortunately, all my good shots had been sent to friends and family and I was able to retrieve them from my attachments.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, we all need better backup routines and habits. When I am on vacation, I try to back up both camera photos and phone photos to a thumb drive and also my laptop. After all I don't intend to visit Norway/Dolomites/other often. And even if I did, the next trip would be different.

But then I got to Oslo and tried taking pictures with my camera!!!! Only to find that the sd-card was still at home. I had to buy one, probably at a higher cost, at a mall.
    06-16-18 09:44 AM
    Yes, we all need better backup routines and habits. When I am on vacation, I try to back up both camera photos and phone photos to a thumb drive and also my laptop. After all I don't intend to visit Norway/Dolomites/other often. And even if I did, the next trip would be different.

But then I got to Oslo and tried taking pictures with my camera!!!! Only to find that the sd-card was still at home. I had to buy one, probably at a higher cost, at a mall.
    Bet, for the memories, that it was still worth it! Haven't left American soil, but would still love to see the world, especially from which my ancestors came. I feel like I have wasted so much time, trying to get by, trying to be responsible. Not sure if I know how to have 'fun', but will surely regret it in the end. I feel, as much as I appreciate present technology, that I was meant to live in a so-called simpler time (of course, it wasn't simple, but bet I would sleep better).

I can't believe that I am the only one that appreciates tech, but would thrive from something less 'connected'.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-18 02:28 AM
    Bet, for the memories, that it was still worth it! Haven't left American soil, but would still love to see the world, especially from which my ancestors came. I feel like I have wasted so much time, trying to get by, trying to be responsible. Not sure if I know how to have 'fun', but will surely regret it in the end. I feel, as much as I appreciate present technology, that I was meant to live in a so-called simpler time (of course, it wasn't simple, but bet I would sleep better).

I can't believe that I am the only one that appreciates tech, but would thrive from something less 'connected'.

Posted via CB10
    Well, you do have to make time for longer distance travels. At least, it feels that way to amortize the cost of flying to distant places, staying longer.

But now that I'm older I seem to be traveling more. I had first gone to Europe after college graduation and did not return for about 40 years. Now the intervals are quite a bit shorter but the energy level is also lower.

I use to escape tech by taking two and three week backpack trips.

It can still be done.

I hope you find the time and wherewithal to travel.
    NightFire likes this.
    06-17-18 08:50 AM
29 12