Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    When I call others, duo connects fine, however if duo is not open on MY KEYᵒⁿᵉ no calls are received and notifications for missed DUO calls only post when app is opened... I a mystified !! Any suggestion?
    06-14-19 11:06 AM
    make sure notifications for the app are turned on.

settings > apps & notifications > See all apps (at the bottom) > Duo > App notifications > all on.

also make sure draw over other apps turned on (listed on previous screen)
    06-14-19 01:04 PM
    also make sure access to data in the background is turned on as well as you don't have power Center configured to terminate the app running in the background when not in use.
    06-14-19 01:07 PM
    also make sure access to data in the background is turned on as well as you don't have power Center configured to terminate the app running in the background when not in use.
    I was wondering why I could not receive calls on the Duo app. This was the exact reason why I could not receive the calls.

Thanks for the tip.
    06-15-19 10:34 AM
    all was set as indicated in above posts
    when Duo running calls came in&out fine
    when Duo closed, nothing
    on old Android 4.4 phone, Duo works fine

Power center displayed a bang warning of high battery consumption...

Ergo Duo data cleared and disabled (another app that sits there hogging space like BBM)...

a propos, Duo can be removed entirely on Android 4.4 phone...

so, bb KEYᵒⁿᵉ allows google a privileged communication app position aside it's BBM...

sheesh !!

Back to whatsapp
    06-15-19 01:55 PM
    all was set as indicated in above posts
    when Duo running calls came in&out fine
    when Duo closed, nothing
    on old Android 4.4 phone, Duo works fine

Power center displayed a bang warning of high battery consumption...

Ergo Duo data cleared and disabled (another app that sits there hogging space like BBM)...

a propos, Duo can be removed entirely on Android 4.4 phone...

so, bb KEYᵒⁿᵉ allows google a privileged communication app position aside it's BBM...

sheesh !!

Back to whatsapp
    Duo works fine. You have something configured incorrectly. See the post right above yours for example.
    06-16-19 07:50 AM
    Duo works fine. You have something configured incorrectly. See the post right above yours for example.
    I had checked those two aspects before my latest post. If I decide to use Duo in the future, I will re-read this thread. Thank you.
    06-16-19 09:36 AM
    Turning on the app to run in the background in the power center app was the fix for me. Completely looked that over.

Also made sure that there isn't any power saving mode set on it. Been getting video calls from it just fine now.
    IceCreamPlz likes this.
    06-16-19 06:52 PM
    Turning on the app to run in the background in the power center app was the fix for me. Completely looked that over.

Also made sure that there isn't any power saving mode set on it. Been getting video calls from it just fine now.
    However, it occurs to me that on installing duo for the first time having never used it before and having never activated it before it would be who the manufacturer ( Microsoft ) this is to have the thing be configure to function out of the box and not require filling and nonsense that's beyond the characteristics of most people's abilities to adjust on their devices. Additionally the item did not function after adjusting the item suggested above. I don't understand how Microsoft intense to compete with other providers of communication items by prefer in this difficult to use item which is, for myself, not functioning. I don't consider myself to be expert at this device or at anything and they're still Maine for that matter. However those who have see me around in these forms might know that I am not exactly a complete novice.
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 06-17-19 at 06:17 AM.
    06-16-19 10:10 PM
    However, it occurs to me that on installing duo for the first time having never used it before and having never activated it before it would be who the manufacturer parentheses Microsoft clothes for rent this is to have the thing be configure to function out of the box and not require filling and nonsense that's beyond the characteristics of most people's abilities to adjust on their devices. Additionally the item did not function after adjusting the item suggested above. I don't understand how Microsoft intense to compete with other providers of communication items by prefer in this difficult to use item which is, for myself, not functioning. I don't consider myself to be expert at this device or at anything and they're still Maine for that matter. However those who have see me around in these forms might know that I am not exactly a complete novice.
    Maybe?
    06-16-19 11:27 PM
    However, it occurs to me that on installing duo for the first time having never used it before and having never activated it before it would be who the manufacturer parentheses Microsoft clothes for rent this is to have the thing be configure to function out of the box and not require filling and nonsense that's beyond the characteristics of most people's abilities to adjust on their devices. Additionally the item did not function after adjusting the item suggested above. I don't understand how Microsoft intense to compete with other providers of communication items by prefer in this difficult to use item which is, for myself, not functioning. I don't consider myself to be expert at this device or at anything and they're still Maine for that matter. However those who have see me around in these forms might know that I am not exactly a complete novice.
    Microsoft? Did you mean Google?
    06-17-19 12:23 AM
    Yes, Google… sloppy code à la Microsoft ilk
    06-17-19 06:19 AM
    I still can make Duo calls but not incoming. also, checked in power center shows a bang for high power usage. set to allow run in background in settngs/apps. set battery optimization to OFF. Notifications on. Permissions all on. What else is wrong with it? it updated fine...
    06-21-19 01:28 PM