That's fine. You don't want their bloatware. Save your money for a few months and buy it outright unlocked. I haven't bought a phone locked to a carrier for a while now.
    ^^^Exactly, you can't use 2 year upgrade pricing with at&t and Verizon anyways. You pay the $550.00 over a selected term on your monthly bill. Why not save your money or throw it on a zero interest card if you want it now.

CDMA is the other network. GSM is at&t TMO and most of the rest of the world. CDMA is Verizon and Sprint.

Still trying to figure out if ANYONE has received a CDMA device or if it is truly delayed. I'm very close to starting a thread about the CDMA device being in anyone's hands.
    What's the difference between GSM and the other one? Can't think of the letters of hand.
    06-03-17 10:04 AM
    Carriers are not phone distributors. They are telecommunications service providers whose business for consumers is selling service contracts. The fewer phones they need to stock to do that, the lower their costs are.
    Exactly- if carriers can get people to activate whatever they want online and close stores, reduce lease costs and labor they will be more than happy to do so. Maybe there will even be an AI bot that will walk users through set up. Their shareholders would rejoice. Sad truth.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    Johberry likes this.
    06-03-17 10:25 AM
    How would they know if some new phone will or will not sell if they don't offer it. Mr scientist.
    Shelf space is valuable, so why would I, if I were a retailer, give it to phones carrying a brand that's all but dead, as opposed to brands that deliver high sales(and revenue) on a consistent basis?
    Elephant_Canyon and Johberry like this.
    06-03-17 10:26 AM
    Give me a break. Shelf space? For a 3inch wide phone? While they show the cheapest phones and 10 samsungs ?cant fit another phone. That's ridiculous
    06-03-17 10:32 AM
    I went to an ATT store in the mall. The representative told me, "We don't carry BlackBerry devices anymore," implying that they won't in the future either.
    Johberry likes this.
    06-03-17 10:35 AM
    Give me a break. Shelf space? For a 3inch wide phone? While they show the cheapest phones and 10 samsungs ?cant fit another phone. That's ridiculous
    You and your 3 inches. Hmm...

Assuming that carriers judged the space they allot per device based on the physical dimensions(without any promotional materials or general information sitting next to said devices, LOL), why would they give that space to BlackBerry? What would be the motivation? Just to sell something different? C'mon.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-03-17 10:47 AM
    You and your 3 inches. Hmm...

Assuming that carriers judged the space they allot per device based on the physical dimensions(without any promotional materials or general information sitting next to said devices, LOL), why would they give that space to BlackBerry? What would be the motivation? Just to sell something different? C'mon.
    They're in business to sell phones. Why would they limit their options.
    That's like a shoe store not selling sandals because not too many people buy them. Point of retail is have as many options to choose from
    06-03-17 10:54 AM
    They're in business to sell phones. Why would they limit their options.
    That's like a shoe store not selling sandals because not too many people buy them. Point of retail is have as many options to choose from
    They're also in business to make money, and selling iPhones and Samsung phones(especially flagship Galaxy phones) make them more money.
    Johberry likes this.
    06-03-17 10:57 AM
    They're also in business to make money, and selling iPhones and Samsung phones(especially flagship Galaxy phones) make them more money.
    I guess they are claravoiant
    06-03-17 11:00 AM
    I can see them carrying a slab for long term sales. Not pkb.
    06-03-17 11:03 AM
    Apple and Samsung lease space in carrier stores and the likes of Best Buy. It's how carriers and retailers offset costs. The trend is moving toward unlocked anyway. Do people buy computers, TV's or tablets from Internet providers? I believe the days of carrier branded phones are numbered. People can finance if needed through any channel in reality their just to nieve or lazy to realize it. Also for an Android device the likes of the new Moto G devices are nails for @200-250. Apple recently discounted their iPads. I suspect the phones are next.

06-03-17 11:06 AM
    Just to clarify, I WANT you to be right... but

Your buddy also said that T-Mobile was going to have them in on the 28th, and clearly that did not happen.

I don't think you are purposely spreading misinformation, but I do think you are putting too much faith in a guy who clearly doesn't know
    He had told me a week ago it got moved to the 5th, but I don't put trust in nobody that's why I ordered my KEYone already fom BlackBerry lol.
    06-03-17 11:09 AM
    I guess they are claravoiant
    No, it's just going with proven commodities in a lot of cases. Unfortunately, BB's poor reputation over the past few years is all carriers care about.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-03-17 11:09 AM
    Exactly- if carriers can get people to activate whatever they want online and close stores, reduce lease costs and labor they will be more than happy to do so. Maybe there will even be an AI bot that will walk users through set up. Their shareholders would rejoice. Sad truth.
    But that's not how they make money. They need a trained sales person to convince customers that a high priced contract is the best deal for them.
    06-03-17 11:12 AM
    But that's not how they make money. They need a trained sales person to convince customers that a high priced contract is the best deal for them.
    Trained sales person? Have you been in a carrier store? Made me chuckle. In addition competition has really reduced all the "options" that used to be in place. And like most things, unfortunately, this could still be easily automated. Shoot Alexa, Cortana, Google Home or whatever Apple comes up with would love to get a piece of this action.

06-03-17 11:19 AM
    Trained sales person? Have you been in a carrier store? Made me chuckle. In addition competition has really reduced all the "options" that used to be in place. And like most things, unfortunately, this could still be easily automated. Shoot Alexa, Cortana, Google Home or whatever Apple comes up with would love to get a piece of this action.
    For the carrier to be successful with consumers, their sales people only really need to know how to sell contracts.
    06-03-17 11:25 AM
    For the carrier to be successful with consumers, their sales people only really need to know how to sell contracts.
    I have not found this to be true or necessary. When I saw T-Mobile's promotion for two lines unlimited for 100 dollars and 7 GB mobile Hotspot I simply walked into the store and told them that's what I wanted. The person at the store was just a conduit to make the change and hand me a SIM. Can you imagine the raise a telecom CEO would get from shareholders if he or she saved all the money going out to retail lease and labor? Every single competitor would immediately follow suit. It would mean more profit and shareholder dividends. Sad truth and reality. It's coming.

06-03-17 11:34 AM
    How would they know if some new phone will or will not sell if they don't offer it. Mr scientist.
    They'll know the same way of anything else - customer demand. It doesn't make sense to a carrier to purchase more devices from a supplier that has cost them money on more than one occasion. If enough people demand something or they think it will sell, they'll stock it. If they think it won't make them money, they won't sell it.

Instead of attacking fellow members, take a step back and look into how carriers run things.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-03-17 01:50 PM
    Majority of carrier stores are plainly revolving doors with younger gen that have maybe seen their parents use a bb When they used a sandbox.
    06-03-17 02:00 PM
    I went to an ATT store in the mall. The representative told me, "We don't carry BlackBerry devices anymore," implying that they won't in the future either.
    Phone rep told me that as well ..how is BB supposed to sell more phones and gain Bach its market share if the phone in not readily available.
    06-03-17 02:33 PM

It is the sad truth. Automation will take over. Eventually.
    06-03-17 04:03 PM
    It is the sad truth. Automation will take over. Eventually.
    Why sad? When you handle your own requests via automation, you get what you want instead of what some rep chooses to give you through ignorance or incompetence.

Same thing with kiosks in various budget restaurants. Now instead of telling a disinterested employee how I want my food, I just input the order myself. Plus the person that had a bad attitude because they hated their job, can now be happy in the unemployment line.

Remember when AT&T reps would roll their eyes at you for whatever they felt was beneath them.?. Now they roll their eyes while they hand me a new sim for each factory unlocked phone I buy and skip them.
    06-03-17 05:14 PM
    Phone rep told me that as well ..how is BB supposed to sell more phones and gain Bach its market share if the phone in not readily available.
    They can open their checkbook and write a bigger check than ___________.. Money talks.....
    06-03-17 05:15 PM
    He had told me a week ago it got moved to the 5th, but I don't put trust in nobody that's why I ordered my KEYone already fom BlackBerry lol.
    In which case you have not eliminated or reduce the risk of the delivery date getting pushed further into the future. By the way, you cannot smartphones from BlackBerry any more; it is BlackBerry Mobile (aka TLC / TCT) manufacturing and marketing and distributing BlackBerry Bay smartphones now.
    06-03-17 05:23 PM
    Good points.
    06-03-17 05:23 PM
58 123