I noticed that I never get 4g or full cell bars unless I have the WiFi turned off. Is it supposed to work like that. I purchased the phone from Best Buy and use VZW as my carrier.
    06-07-18 08:31 AM
    I noticed that I never get 4g or full cell bars unless I have the WiFi turned off. Is it supposed to work like that. I purchased the phone from Best Buy and use VZW as my carrier.
    Are you asking about the status icons at the top?

You are only going to see one or the other. Not both. Unless you're falling just outside of wi-fi range and mobile data kicks over as the phone tries to decide if the wi-fi signal is strong enough to hold on to.

That's just showing you which data type you are connected to. Mobile data, you see 4G or LTE. Once you connect to wi-fi, then your data is on that.

The cell service stays connected (so you can still get calls) which is why you still see the cell bars. But cell service is separate from data.

Although, in reality, that's not always the case with VoLTE being used more but that's another discussion.
    06-07-18 08:42 AM
    you can try going to developer settings and ticking the "cellular data always active" button.
    06-07-18 08:58 AM
    Thank you for the replies. yes it is the icons on the top line on the screen. It just seems odd that even when there is no WiFi available I don't get the 4g icon. if I turn off WiFi it will immediately show as 4g
    06-07-18 09:21 PM
    This is just "unexpected behavior" from these icons. I complained to Sprint at first when I got mine but have learned since that even though the 4g/LTE light goes out when WIFI is on and visa versa you are still connected to a LTE station for calling (if you are in a 4g/LTE area). When I travel to 3g areas, the 3g light goes out when WIFI is on also. Maybe they will fix this issue with the Key2 because it is confusing.
    06-08-18 04:46 AM
    Since the last security upgrade... I'm never connected to 4g. I don't remember this previously. I never saw the 1x connection; now I'm missing calls, texts come in later than needed, and I see the 'No Service' tag line in the top left significantly more than before. I'm on Verizon, I'm sure the coverage didn't decrease in the last month... anyone have a fix?
    06-08-18 06:29 AM