09-05-17 11:08 AM
31 12
tools
    I don't know what you are talking about. Notifications are not a problem. Well, not as long as you are stuck at the April Security Update level which is where they have still left us cdma KeyOne owners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For a SOFTWARE COMPANY they certainly don't show it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But then since they've dropped out of hardware, maybe they are back to relying on keypunch machines and JCL (job control language) rather than investing in anything new.

edited to add: Yes, my entire reply is intended to be snide and cynical!
    Is the problem BlackBerry's or BlackBerry Mobile's?

I would not be so quick to assume that the software company BlackBerry is to blame. The hardware company BlackBerry Mobile who builds and also releases software updates is the one you have to "blame".

With them taking on the DTEK's and releasing a new KEYone variant each month, and working on those two new phones... they have their hands full. I expect the number of CDMA devices in operation... puts them at the bottom of the list of things to do each month.
    09-05-17 09:17 AM
    Is the problem BlackBerry's or BlackBerry Mobile's?

I would not be so quick to assume that the software company BlackBerry is to blame. The hardware company BlackBerry Mobile who builds and also releases software updates is the one you have to "blame".

With them taking on the DTEK's and releasing a new KEYone variant each month, and working on those two new phones... they have their hands full. I expect the number of CDMA devices in operation... puts them at the bottom of the list of things to do each month.
    Well, you may be right. BUT one of the THEYS released this phone and it is way behind in its Security. Users are vulnerable. I'm kind of hoping that part of the reason is that they were behind and when finally ready, the Notification Bug became apparent and they held up the release till it is fixed.

Well, since I'm not an immigrant, I can dream, can't I???
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    09-05-17 09:48 AM
    Judging by the time they need to fix the notification bug, likely there is a single, underpaid person doing all the work in a cubicle.
    09-05-17 10:08 AM
    Well, you may be right. BUT one of the THEYS released this phone and it is way behind in its Security. Users are vulnerable. I'm kind of hoping that part of the reason is that they were behind and when finally ready, the Notification Bug became apparent and they held up the release till it is fixed.

Dream yes.

But expect something different from the usual BlackBerry disappointment.... why?

Both of them are business that have limited resources to spend on this venture.... FYI TCL Communications - company that controls BlackBerry Mobile, lost about $500 Million last quarter, so you can bet this "experiment" into the western business market is on a very tight budget.

With time, and success (thus more money to invest back into the "experiment")... the dream has a chance to come true, so keep dreaming.
    09-05-17 10:21 AM

FF22 likes this.
    Sorry, I just can't help myself today.
31 12