08-17-17 11:49 PM
34 12
tools
    Do without selling the phone on sprint. It's not like they're flying off the shelves. And now, BB compromised their self proclaimed security by allowing a carrier to change what the phone owner wanted on their phone. I have NEVER had another phone re-enable apps that I disabled either for security or not wanted, until this BB phone. How in the hell is that secure? And other than a keyboard, that is what BB proclaims about themselves. And as far as I'm concerned, their security is nill with this deal. How can I trust them? If you can't understand that, then I'll just stop at this point because I'm wasting my breath.
    08-16-17 10:13 PM
    Do without selling the phone on sprint. It's not like they're flying off the shelves. And now, BB compromised their self proclaimed security by allowing a carrier to change what the phone owner wanted on their phone. I have NEVER had another phone re-enable apps that I disabled either for security or not wanted, until this BB phone. How in the hell is that secure? And other than a keyboard, that is what BB proclaims about themselves. And as far as I'm concerned, their security is nill with this deal. How can I trust them? If you can't understand that, then I'll just stop at this point because I'm wasting my breath.
    But all your concerns are satisfied with factory unlocked. It's either that or they don't have any phones to sell. It's a catch-22.
    08-16-17 10:15 PM
    So then buy a factory unlocked phone with no bloatware. You chose to buy a carrier locked phone. Why'd you do that? Duh... Everybody knows that all carriers dump bloatware on all the Android OEM devices across the board. Heck that's been going on for the last 15 years with carrier locked BlackBerries as well. Includes BBOS and BB10.
    It's true!
    Only unlocked devices are guaranteed to not have bloatware.
    08-16-17 10:47 PM
    Looks like this issue is being addressed.

http://pocketnow.com/2017/08/17/spri...oftware-update

Posted via CB10
    08-17-17 01:59 PM
    I hope it does happen. I was told by BB that it was an agreement they had with sprint to allow this to happen. So, if you believe this article, then BB must be lying to me. If you believe BB, then sprint must be lying saying this shouldn't be happening. Either way, someone screwed the pouch on this.
    08-17-17 02:22 PM
    Looks like this issue is being addressed.

Sprint 'clarifies' BlackBerry KEYone bloatware situation | Pocketnow

Posted via CB10
    With that in mind, I wonder what's the version of BlackBerry Launcher on a Sprint KEYone? Maybe installing a different version could fix it, assuming the bad voodoo isn't deeper into the OS.
    08-17-17 02:24 PM
    With that in mind, I wonder what's the version of BlackBerry Launcher on a Sprint KEYone? Maybe installing a different version could fix it, assuming the bad voodoo isn't deeper into the OS.
    1.1.4.7160 - factory image, June patches. I saw some of the BB apps get updated via the Play Store the first day, so not certain that's the OOB version.
    08-17-17 03:09 PM
    Sprint is releasing an update because this is a bug as many have believed. Way to jump the gun and make a return over something so stupid that could be fixed with an update..
    phuoc likes this.
    08-17-17 11:44 PM
    If anybody else is having an issue with this, sprint said a fix is to go to settings, select apps, select blackberry launcher, view details in playstore, choose uninstall, and restart. They said sprintID is supposed to run one time, at the activation of the device and that's it. A bug is causing it to run every time the phone is restarted causing the apps to reinstall or re-enable.
    phuoc and FF22 like this.
    08-17-17 11:49 PM
34 12