Just got a new keyone on sprint a few days ago. Seemed great. As usual, after getting the phone and having all the carrier crap downloaded, I went into settings and either uninstalled or disabled the garbage. A little latter I shut the phone off and then restarted. I started getting notifications that apps had created accounts in the hub and updates were available for apps I disabled. Went to setting and sure enough, they were all enabled again. I've tracked in down to restarts (not sure why and not every time) and if I run a profile update, all the apps installed by the carrier will be re-enabled.

I've never had a phone do this before. Usually once to disable, they won't turn back on again. I also have 2 galaxy s8 on the same account and theirs do not do this. Sprint blames blackberry. Blackberry blames sprint. All I know is this is a show stopper for me. All these apps are ones no one really want anyway and to have them keep re-enabling is wrong.

Anyone seeing this happening or seen it happen and know of a way to stop it? Help.
    08-02-17 06:02 PM
    Just got a new keyone on sprint a few days ago. Seemed great. As usual, after getting the phone and having all the carrier crap downloaded, I went into settings and either uninstalled or disabled the garbage. A little latter I shut the phone off and then restarted. I started getting notifications that apps had created accounts in the hub and updates were available for apps I disabled. Went to setting and sure enough, they were all enabled again. I've tracked in down to restarts (not sure why and not every time) and if I run a profile update, all the apps installed by the carrier will be re-enabled.

I've never had a phone do this before. Usually once to disable, they won't turn back on again. I also have 2 galaxy s8 on the same account and theirs do not do this. Sprint blames blackberry. Blackberry blames sprint. All I know is this is a show stopper for me. All these apps are ones no one really want anyway and to have them keep re-enabling is wrong.

Anyone seeing this happening or seen it happen and know of a way to stop it? Help.
    Hi, check to see if there's an app called "Mobile Services Manger". It's basically rebranded DT Ignite. See if you can disable it, I bet all your problems lie there. https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/com...lets_carriers/
    08-13-17 12:58 AM
    Heard Sprint is including it in their setup. Terrible.
    08-13-17 02:31 AM
    I had this issue too. When I disabled them all a second time, they never became enabled again, though.
    08-13-17 04:00 AM
    I read that sprint made a deal with blackberry to re-enable apps that you disable. I've tested it on mine with lookout and some others. if you disable and reboot, they'll be there again. don't even worry about it.
    08-13-17 12:51 PM
    Yes, I talked to BB and they told me themselves that they made this deal with sprint. One can only assume to get their phone on a us carrier. Either way, I boxed the phone up and took it back to sprint. BB is crossed off my list for ever. Secure smartphone my ... If a manufacturer is willing to allow that on their phones, I want no part of them. For me, BB is done.
    08-13-17 01:42 PM
    Yes, I talked to BB and they told me themselves that they made this deal with sprint. One can only assume to get their phone on a us carrier. Either way, I boxed the phone up and took it back to sprint. BB is crossed off my list for ever. Secure smartphone my ... If a manufacturer is willing to allow that on their phones, I want no part of them. For me, BB is done.
    These aren't BlackBerry apps

These are carrier apps

Be done with your carrier not the manufacturer - if you go unlocked and get with a real carrier then BlackBerry doesn't do this on the real variant - be mad at Sprint - not BlackBerry jus tryna make a commission
    Eustis99 likes this.
    08-14-17 12:36 AM
    This is most definitely NOT a good look for a company whose brand image is all about having the most secure devices on the market. If they're willing to sell you out for the MARGINAL amount of devices that they'll sell on sprint...
    And yes, as I type this on my SE Passport, BlackBerry agreeing to these terms. Makes their messaging duplicitous at best & an outright lie at worst.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    08-14-17 11:27 AM
    What a pathetic deal BB Mobile made with Sprint. Humiliating.
    techvisor likes this.
    08-15-17 07:47 AM
    I really don't see the issue here that everybody is crying over lol geez
    phuoc likes this.
    08-15-17 11:46 AM
    I really don't see the issue here that everybody is crying over lol geez
    People pay for phones and think they should be somewhat in control of the apps that get installed. Also, some folks want no part of some of the social apps and don't want to have to keep disabling them.

I, for instance, do not do Facebook, have no account and would be very irritated if it were installed on my phone with no way to get rid of it.

So I sympathize with them. If the phone price is reduced, I can see the carrier thinking that they should have more control. But even then....
    modifier likes this.
    08-15-17 02:55 PM
    Carriers have been doing this for years. This is nothing new. Didn't Verizon get railed for putting bloatware on the Nexus or the Pixel? Apple is the only one with the clout to disallow it. Samsung might, but they've been very guilty of installing bloatware in the past.
    Eustis99 likes this.
    08-15-17 03:27 PM
    My husband complains about his AT&T bloatware all the time. But he is still with them.
    Eustis99 likes this.
    08-15-17 05:22 PM
    People pay for phones and think they should be somewhat in control of the apps that get installed. Also, some folks want no part of some of the social apps and don't want to have to keep disabling them.

I, for instance, do not do Facebook, have no account and would be very irritated if it were installed on my phone with no way to get rid of it.

So I sympathize with them. If the phone price is reduced, I can see the carrier thinking that they should have more control. But even then....
    What are you talking about if the price is reduced? Carriers aren't running charities and the cheaper ones have to make the money back, they don't charge you for service, in some other way. The only reason BBMo is on any US carrier is because Sprint lowered the bar low enough for BBMo to go along. All you complainers on here need to realize, BlackBerry and BBMo weren't and won't be in any position to make any demands of any US carrier anytime soon. BBMo will need to do whatever it takes in the USA to get back onto the carrier platforms since most people don't buy factory unlocked phones for a multitude of reasons. By returning your phone, you will get the complete opposite effect of what you intended. You're rewarding your carrier, who's the one, bending you over.
    Eustis99 likes this.
    08-15-17 06:02 PM
    Well said!
    08-15-17 09:23 PM
    No, I'm taking a phone back that I paid for, not sprint or blackberry, because one or both took it away from me. I don't have this issue on my current galaxy s8. They stay inactive, which they should. BB screwed the pouch on this by agreeing to such nonsense, just so they could sell a couple more phones.

Well, they lost one of their sales because they forgot that maybe people bought their phones because they wanted a "secure" phone, and what they got was a phone BB decided they didn't need to control. Such double talk. We're secure, but we'll let the carrier mess with your apps, so you really have little control of what's active on your phone. I want no part of facebook or instagram, but BB decided for me that I should have them on so they can sell a few more phones? The whole idea of BB morphing their software so the carriers can re-active apps I deactivated, just blows me away. Secure my a$$. It's the last BB I'll ever buy. You all have fun supporting this company that could obviously care less about your wants. They compromised their values for a few sprint phones and in the end, it's going to be meaningless for them as a whole.
    08-16-17 01:49 PM
    No, I'm taking a phone back that I paid for, not sprint or blackberry, because one or both took it away from me. I don't have this issue on my current galaxy s8. They stay inactive, which they should. BB screwed the pouch on this by agreeing to such nonsense, just so they could sell a couple more phones.

Well, they lost one of their sales because they forgot that maybe people bought their phones because they wanted a "secure" phone, and what they got was a phone BB decided they didn't need to control. Such double talk. We're secure, but we'll let the carrier mess with your apps, so you really have little control of what's active on your phone. I want no part of facebook or instagram, but BB decided for me that I should have them on so they can sell a few more phones? The whole idea of BB morphing their software so the carriers can re-active apps I deactivated, just blows me away. Secure my a$$. It's the last BB I'll ever buy. You all have fun supporting this company that could obviously care less about your wants. They compromised their values for a few sprint phones and in the end, it's going to be meaningless for them as a whole.
    So then buy a factory unlocked phone with no bloatware. You chose to buy a carrier locked phone. Why'd you do that? Duh... Everybody knows that all carriers dump bloatware on all the Android OEM devices across the board. Heck that's been going on for the last 15 years with carrier locked BlackBerries as well. Includes BBOS and BB10.
    08-16-17 08:22 PM
    Simple, because until now, I could uninstall or disable unwanted apps, and they would stay gone. Another reason is when you buy unlocked phones, you lose the ability to use some carrier "features". Wifi calling, hotspots and several other things. I'm not willing to give those up because I need them or want them. Otherwise I would buy unlocked.
    08-16-17 08:25 PM
    Simple, because until now, I could uninstall or disable unwanted apps, and they would stay gone. Another reason is when you buy unlocked phones, you lose the ability to use some carrier "features". Wifi calling, hotspots and several other things. I'm not willing to give those up because I need them or want them. Otherwise I would buy unlocked.
    Then for those very reasons, your complaints are with the carrier. BlackBerry can only do it's part by offering factory unlocked devices. The carriers have the leverage with OEMs, especially BlackBerry, to control what goes on the phone. The OEM either does what their required or the carrier does not handle the device and give access to your special features. BlackBerry has no control over this.
    08-16-17 08:35 PM
    Then BB should have stuck to it's guns and not sold the phone through sprint. Everyone knows what carriers add to their phones. That's not secret. It's what BB agreed to after that that is unforgivable for a man that touts security. What other man. allows the carrier to reactivate disabled apps on their phone? None that I've used until the keyone.

And BB has no control over this is bs. I talked to BB about this myself. Worked my way up the supervisor chain. They told me themselves that they agreed to this. One can only assume to sell their phones through sprint. If BB was serious about security, they would have NEVER agreed to this.
    08-16-17 08:41 PM
    Then BB should have stuck to it's guns and not sold the phone through sprint. Everyone knows what carriers add to their phones. That's not secret. It's what BB agreed to after that that is unforgivable for a man that touts security. What other man. allows the carrier to reactivate disabled apps on their phone? None that I've used until the keyone.

And BB has no control over this is bs. I talked to BB about this myself. Worked my way up the supervisor chain. They told me themselves that they agreed to this. One can only assume to sell their phones through sprint. If BB was serious about security, they would have NEVER agreed to this.
    They agreed to it for the Sprint in-store phone. They can't make Sprint carry what BlackBerry wants. Sprint owns the store. You can still buy factory unlocked to avoid this. So buy a factory unlocked phone. If you allow someone to visit your place, they follow your rules and if they don't, you kick them out right?
    08-16-17 08:47 PM
    I think I explained that option or lack thereof in a post above.
    08-16-17 08:49 PM
    I think I explained that option or lack thereof in a post above.
    So why do you think BlackBerry can tell Sprint how to run their company?
    08-16-17 08:50 PM
    When did I say that? If you can't understand what BB has done here, I guess I can't explain it to you.
    08-16-17 08:52 PM
    When did I say that? If you can't understand what BB has done here, I guess I can't explain it to you.
    You're the one not understanding. BlackBerry made the deal with Sprint because it's the only way that Sprint would stock the phone. What exactly was BlackBerry supposed to do if you want a Sprint phone from Sprint in order for the special features?
    08-16-17 09:00 PM
34 12