Is there a new BlackBerry phone coming down the pipe in 2019 that we can look forward too.
    12-30-18 11:01 AM
    Since Key2 and Key2 LE are very recent, if there’s a next device, probably 6-9 months away. Comments from CBK and Bla1ze last podcast on front page of CB, seem to indicate this expectation.
    12-30-18 11:15 AM
    12-30-18 12:01 PM
    Is there a new BlackBerry phone coming down the pipe in 2019 that we can look forward too.
    Yes, we are guaranteed a new colour for the Keytwo. Probably Bronze like the Keyone, and possibly Dual SIM. Would be good to have it for the Barcelona MWC.

"Mobile World Congress 2019 will be held 25-28 February, 2019 in Barcelona." So, they'd be better get their skates on!

Apart from that, I'd imagine that we won't see any Key3s until later in the year.
    12-31-18 05:52 AM
    Yes, we are guaranteed a new colour for the Keytwo. Probably Bronze like the Keyone, and possibly Dual SIM. Would be good to have it for the Barcelona MWC.

"Mobile World Congress 2019 will be held 25-28 February, 2019 in Barcelona." So, they'd be better get their skates on!

Apart from that, I'd imagine that we won't see any Key3s until later in the year.
    For the Key2, the guaranteed color is premium yellow and matching frets. The Key2 LE, will be fuchsia... matching frets optional...
    12-31-18 06:00 AM
    For the Key2, the guaranteed color is premium yellow and matching frets. The Key2 LE, will be fuchsia... matching frets optional...
    Ooooh, sounds very pretty!! WE should be able to choose matching frets optionally of course
    12-31-18 06:11 AM
    If you Google Key3 release date most sites believe it will be in the second quarter of 2019.
    01-01-19 12:19 PM
    Apart from the Evolve x from Optiemus India , there are are noises about a Key 3. However I do not believe there have been any announcements from any of the license holders....
    01-01-19 12:30 PM
    Likely the next iteration of any BB's will be 5G compatible .

Many US carriers will roll out 5G by the end of 2019 ...
    all the smartphone phone makers will have to make 5G available in most new models.

Key3, 5G? (Who knows?)
    01-01-19 01:46 PM
    As this is the section for the KEYone, it is a little curious that people here are speculating about the KEY3. Is this because the KEYone is satisfactory for now? I enjoy my KEYone but every so often I consider upgrading. what about others here? I am happy with my KEYone. I could see waiting till the latter part of 2019, though sometimes I get a hankering for the better KEYboard the KEY2 has.
    01-01-19 06:14 PM
    As this is the section for the KEYone, it is a little curious that people here are speculating about the KEY3. Is this because the KEYone is satisfactory for now? I enjoy my KEYone but every so often I consider upgrading. what about others here? I am happy with my KEYone. I could see waiting till the latter part of 2019, though sometimes I get a hankering for the better KEYboard the KEY2 has.
    BBRY KeyOne with Snapdragon 625 processor, Key2 with SD 660 processor, Key3 proposed with SD 710 processor. All will feature productivity, privacy, security and multitasking functions. Your reviews are important to many users for their decisions. Cheers!
    01-01-19 07:45 PM
    Likely the next iteration of any BB's will be 5G compatible .

Many US carriers will roll out 5G by the end of 2019 ...
    all the smartphone phone makers will have to make 5G available in most new models.

Key3, 5G? (Who knows?)
    Nope.

I wouldn't count on a 5G BB until late 2019-early 2020 earliest. They haven't even finalized standards yet.

Yes, VZ has a couple towers with 5G speeds, but most of that is production test scenarios, specifically broadcasting to a fixed base station.

AT&T has the first mobile application, but it's a Hotspot and only in a limited set of markets (six, I think).

Some (1-2?) handsets have been announced as forthcoming, but only in a close partnership between the handset manufacturer and the carrier; the designs for 5G are still fluctuating and this close partnership is necessary for the device manufacturer to build something that could actually work.

Long story short: TCL will be fashionably late to the party.
    Martin Haughton likes this.
    01-02-19 09:17 AM
    5 G sucks up big time - I don't want this technology!!!

also I don't need it !!!

better calling quality and specially speakers is main thing - also a PP - like size would be great...
    kerrywm likes this.
    01-02-19 03:07 PM
    I downloaded my last BB software update via 4G mobile data in less than 10 minutes. I genuinely don't understand the need for 5G. how much of the EM radiation spectrum are we going to bombard ourselves with?!
    chi-town311 likes this.
    01-02-19 04:41 PM
    I have to say I agree. Of course, when it's here I'm sure it will be great. But I'm not going to "upgrade" my 4G mint SIM plan at $30 bucks a month for faster data speeds. My data speeds are perfectly fine. And I'm on wifi 90% of the time.

I downloaded my last BB software update via 4G mobile data in less than 10 minutes. I genuinely don't understand the need for 5G. how much of the EM radiation spectrum are we going to bombard ourselves with?!
    01-02-19 05:00 PM
    Right - there is no need at all but industries need something new to sell and govs want better surveillance tools - and the EM radiation helps big pharma cause more sickness will come abouts ... Humantity in it's dead end race...
    01-03-19 05:50 AM
    Right - there is no need at all but industries need something new to sell and govs want better surveillance tools - and the EM radiation helps big pharma cause more sickness will come abouts ... Humantity in it's dead end race...
    Consumers that are willing to pay for higher data speeds for media consumption are driving the demand. Right now, cordcutting still relies heavily on wired internet. Pretty sure 5G is push to move to wireless ISPs and kill wired internet dependence similar to landline dependence.

Right now, 5G is more hype than anything. But that’s same we all said about 4G almost 10 years ago. HSPA didn’t offer real 4G but LTE did eventually show up with better speeds on AT&T, my carrier, and data consumption exploded.
    01-03-19 07:32 AM
    Consumers that are willing to pay for higher data speeds for media consumption are driving the demand. Right now, cordcutting still relies heavily on wired internet. Pretty sure 5G is push to move to wireless ISPs and kill wired internet dependence similar to landline dependence.

Right now, 5G is more hype than anything. But that’s same we all said about 4G almost 10 years ago. HSPA didn’t offer real 4G but LTE did eventually show up with better speeds on AT&T, my carrier, and data consumption exploded.
    Who sais that ? - re consumers are willing - this is first of all propaganda and second stupid 'who the hell needs all that media consumption' ? The consumer is managed into this at the nearest of your saying, but more are industries and govs behind it's need and want!

And what is 'cordcutting' in this sence here?
    01-03-19 12:14 PM
    Who sais that ? - re consumers are willing - this is first of all propaganda and second stupid 'who the hell needs all that media consumption' ? The consumer is managed into this at the nearest of your saying, but more are industries and govs behind it's need and want!

And what is 'cordcutting' in this sence here?
    How about all the media people watch on phones around you? That requires more and more bandwidth as people demand less reliance on WiFi spots.

People cancelling their cable and wired internet services are cord cutters. However many services aren’t possible if you cancel your wired internet service because you lose WiFi access. To be truly cordless, you have to be truly mobile wireless hence the need for mobile data to match WiFi and higher speeds.
    01-03-19 12:38 PM
    How about all the media people watch on phones around you? That requires more and more bandwidth as people demand less reliance on WiFi spots.

People cancelling their cable and wired internet services are cord cutters. However many services aren’t possible if you cancel your wired internet service because you lose WiFi access. To be truly cordless, you have to be truly mobile wireless hence the need for mobile data to match WiFi and higher speeds.
    How about sounds like - who cares but that wasn't my point anyways - they point is they don't need that, it works fine already and more isn't really needed. And what get's lost in terms of health for humans, anymals and plants is a point that take steps into the conscious of people! And that was the origian point of this discussion which you seem to confuse !

Oh what a cute litle term - thanks for clarifying!

So which is your intension - sacrifice health for a better media cunsumtion (lol already the word consumption say so much about how far away we have gone) ? ... Which even isn't needed - it already covers all needs!!! But is a covered up argumentation for 'the poor consumer' for other purposes like mentioned above!
    01-03-19 02:17 PM
    How about sounds like - who cares but that wasn't my point anyways - they point is they don't need that, it works fine already and more isn't really needed. And what get's lost in terms of health for humans, anymals and plants is a point that take steps into the conscious of people! And that was the origian point of this discussion which you seem to confuse !

Oh what a cute litle term - thanks for clarifying!

So which is your intension - sacrifice health for a better media cunsumtion (lol already the word consumption say so much about how far away we have gone) ? ... Which even isn't needed - it already covers all needs!!! But is a covered up argumentation for 'the poor consumer' for other purposes like mentioned above!
    You’re free to not use the improvements. I prefer the higher data speeds and bandwidth improvements as I can use more technology in my business in a mobile fashion.

Who decides what people need? The people decide with their money and where they spend it. You sound like person that says I shouldn’t drive my old truck and should drive new electric car instead. Better that I should ride bus or Uber.... Fortunately we have choices...
    01-03-19 03:49 PM
    I have previously heard of people with a sensitivity to EM and think this will be the tip of the iceberg. Maybe it's all just stuff and nonsense (there have been similar scare stories about overhead transmission lines).

I've worked in 400kV substations. Next to the SG transformers my fillings hurt and current gets inducted into anything metal. likewise when I'm working on the masts (the ones they'll be loading up with 5G next year), we have to be careful of the ionising radiation at height (that is right in front of the dishes though).

Scary stuff.
    Frank Costanza likes this.
    01-03-19 04:18 PM
    You’re free to not use the improvements. I prefer the higher data speeds and bandwidth improvements as I can use more technology in my business in a mobile fashion.

Who decides what people need? The people decide with their money and where they spend it. You sound like person that says I shouldn’t drive my old truck and should drive new electric car instead. Better that I should ride bus or Uber.... Fortunately we have choices...
    Sorry this is kind of whatever - I know I am free to use it or not BUT nobody is free to have the EMF - this is what the above communications have been about

And NO, in my eyes co2 is more a lie and fear and money generating propaganda AND even electric cars are more EMF and that is btw another argument of the industries who want 5G, cause the electric cars can be driven without a driver's attention and again NO - i would also stay with an old engine as little as possible electronics as possible - are you with me? 😎
    01-05-19 12:31 PM
    when i purchased my Dtek60 i figured it was a no brainer, pretty much same specs as a Galaxy S7 but cheaper, without bloatware, secure and of course the blackberry experience.

My Dtek60 is getting old now after a few years and i am still waiting for a viable replacement ... The keyone/2/3 etc is not at all what im looking for and the motion was not worth the upgrade.

would love to see something comparable for example to a Galaxy S9 as the Dtek60 was to the S7 ...
    01-15-19 05:42 AM
    We need a Motion 2 all touch device for 2019, the earlier the better too.
    crackbaddict likes this.
    01-15-19 06:56 AM
44 12