Just signed up after YEARS of reading this great forum. Like many of you, I have been a BB user for decades, finally giving up after the Classic (which I LOVED). Just couldn't continue on with basically no app support, even though I'm not exactly an app maniac. Have a few I use for work and a few I use for personal (like MLB At Bat) Anyway, switched over the iphone and while I enjoy it for the most part, I absolutely DESPISE the typing experience, which for me, is the most important part of a phone. I do use apps, but I'm an e-mailing, texting business guy. Anyway, I just ordered my KeyONE, and while I'm excited as hell to be getting a PKB back in my life, I am also9 worried about everything else. Will I like Android? Is the phone too big/too tall? Will I actually miss the ease of use of IOS? Anyway, if there is anyone with a similar experience to mine who has made the switch, please share your thoughts, opinions and tips! I am so looking forward to coming back to the bright side.
    11-19-17 09:10 AM
    keyone is a great phone! I absolutely love my keyone (I'm a keyone user since June, however claimed on the insurance when my keyone was stolen and I now have a August dated keyone - more glue under the screen!) . you'll love this device just like I do and android is a nice OS, although you'll probably have to reboot your keyone weekly to keep it speedy
    11-19-17 09:31 AM
    Just signed up after YEARS of reading this great forum. Like many of you, I have been a BB user for decades, finally giving up after the Classic (which I LOVED). Just couldn't continue on with basically no app support, even though I'm not exactly an app maniac. Have a few I use for work and a few I use for personal (like MLB At Bat) Anyway, switched over the iphone and while I enjoy it for the most part, I absolutely DESPISE the typing experience, which for me, is the most important part of a phone. I do use apps, but I'm an e-mailing, texting business guy. Anyway, I just ordered my KeyONE, and while I'm excited as hell to be getting a PKB back in my life, I am also9 worried about everything else. Will I like Android? Is the phone too big/too tall? Will I actually miss the ease of use of IOS? Anyway, if there is anyone with a similar experience to mine who has made the switch, please share your thoughts, opinions and tips! I am so looking forward to coming back to the bright side.
    Welcome to Crackberry.

There are actually a few threads where folks discuss their move from iphone to the KeyOne. I think quite a few found the move worthwhile. Some have had trouble adapting to the Android methods. Folks who have stuck with BB10 have also found the transition to Android, well, interesting.

I hope you enjoy the experience and learning curve.
    11-19-17 09:46 AM
    did you have the plus model iPhone? I was on ios for awhile after the terrible PRIV experience. So far I'm loving this thing, keyboard takes some adjusting but I love it way more than tapping on glass. make sure you switch the developer options around for a smooth experience. I run a small business so I'm mainly email/texting/phone and never play games and so far this thing has been lightning quick. the shortcuts are awesome too so take advantage of that, I feel much more productive and like I actually have a grown up phone (hate the look of ios) the apps work system level too and feel like they are part of the phone vs ios where they feel like something completely disconnected from apple's main OS apps
    TCM01 likes this.
    11-20-17 10:04 PM