I was wondering if there's any way to know when the new manufacturing run (which fixes the screen separation issue) will start appearing in retail? Is there any way to find out whether the phone you're buying right now is part of the old run, or the new one? I definitely want to get one as soon as possible, but not if it's part of the old batch...
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    08-01-17 04:07 PM
    I was wondering if there's any way to know when the new manufacturing run (which fixes the screen separation issue) will start appearing in retail? Is there any way to find out whether the phone you're buying right now is part of the old run, or the new one? I definitely want to get one as soon as possible, but not if it's part of the old batch...
    I have been asking the same question along with many other folks on the forums. I think it would go a long way if TCL/Blackberry would just come on and let folks know what build date the new batch of devices with the screen lift fix are?

It would ease some worries and help folks decide who might be sitting on the fence when it comes to buying a new Keyone.
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    08-01-17 05:13 PM
    It's pretty safe to say that all the first batches have come and gone at this point. Time to move on.
    08-01-17 07:43 PM
    I got the most recent batch from amazon when they recently came back in stock. so far, so good. no problems at all as far as I can tell. seems to be of very run.
    Last edited by jbarrack; 08-01-17 at 09:20 PM.
    08-01-17 08:35 PM
    So how does one know. How can one tell which is the new batch?
    08-01-17 11:14 PM
    No one knows. The only answer you get from people who do know is just buy the phone. If the screen pops off you have a warranty
    08-02-17 12:31 AM
    So how does one know. How can one tell which is the new batch?
    I'm subscribed to this thread:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post12978144
    which is currently the most efficient way of knowing problem batches.

That's right, the only way you'll know is by following that thread and waiting till members post the date and country in which they bought their (now) screenless keyone.
    08-02-17 12:50 AM
    I dunno why they just don't invest. In high end glue or now, force TCL to do so... lol.. geez. Great question thought and I think they do have fixed ones now from something I read but they said wait until late September or October, around Halloween to be really safe. I am going to try to dig the article or post up!!

Posted via CB10
    08-02-17 01:46 AM
    I dunno why they just don't invest. In high end glue or now, force TCL to do so... lol.. geez. Great question thought and I think they do have fixed ones now from something I read but they said wait until late September or October, around Halloween to be really safe. I am going to try to dig the article or post up!!

Posted via CB10
    No need to wait till then, as most new devices are now part of the second run!
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    08-02-17 02:16 AM
    Yes but replacements are still backedup till next week or so and I did anticipate the delay!!!
    It would be awesome if BBmobile came out and posted some information around the ETA's of replacement units!?
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 08-03-17 at 01:49 PM.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    08-02-17 01:57 PM
    I have been asking the same question along with many other folks on the forums. I think it would go a long way if TCL/Blackberry would just come on and let folks know what build date the new batch of devices with the screen lift fix are?

It would ease some worries and help folks decide who might be sitting on the fence when it comes to buying a new Keyone.
    you again with facts......reallllllllly

Woof!

LOL
    08-03-17 11:51 AM