Hi,

I was setting up a brand new KeyOne. Was setting up fingerprint, didn't finish.
    Then attempted to set up password. Entered a 4-digit. It told me ineed to enter at least one letter. Looks like i maybe mistakenly pressed a key when i tried to get out there. (Don't know which, but know the 4 digits).

I was surprised that the password setup dissapeared, tried to go back, but was unable to.
    Instead, the Google account setup appeared. I entered the google email and password.
    Then the phone locked up. (Maybe i pressed one of the main keys).

Now the screen is locked. It is asking me the password that i don't know. I entered 2 times, have 8 tries left, but i don't know the password. I am assuming it's the 4 digits plus a letter, but don't know how it hapoened really.

What are my options? Is this a brick now?

I really need your help! Will appreciate any suggestions. Desperate....

Thanks!
    10-12-18 01:00 PM
    Hi,

I was setting up a brand new KeyOne. Was setting up fingerprint, didn't finish.
    Then attempted to set up password. Entered a 4-digit. It told me ineed to enter at least one letter. Looks like i maybe mistakenly pressed a key when i tried to get out there. (Don't know which, but know the 4 digits).

I was surprised that the password setup dissapeared, tried to go back, but was unable to.
    Instead, the Google account setup appeared. I entered the google email and password.
    Then the phone locked up. (Maybe i pressed one of the main keys).

Now the screen is locked. It is asking me the password that i don't know. I entered 2 times, have 8 tries left, but i don't know the password. I am assuming it's the 4 digits plus a letter, but don't know how it hapoened really.

What are my options? Is this a brick now?

I really need your help! Will appreciate any suggestions. Desperate....

Thanks!
    Type it in 10 times incorrectly and the device will be wiped, so you will be able to start fresh.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-12-18 01:01 PM
    Thank you. I was looking at this YouTube video: . And one comment below the video said: "This will work if reset is enabled, but most Blackberr owners do not enable reset. So without password nothing changes, no reset!!! If you are sure I will do it. (Don't want to end up with a new brick).
    10-12-18 01:40 PM
    Thank you. I was looking at this YouTube video: . And one comment below the video said: "This will work if reset is enabled, but most Blackberr owners do not enable reset. So without password nothing changes, no reset!!! If you are sure I will do it. (Don't want to end up with a new brick).
    You won't brick it.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-12-18 01:46 PM
    Thanks. It worked.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-12-18 03:06 PM