Finally my screen lifted off so I received a new device after waiting three weeks for BBMobile to ship out a new one. This one came in a white box with the free case they're giving out with replacement devices (if anyone in Vancouver wants it you can come pick it up for free since I won't be using it). The manufacturer date is 9/29 so it seems there's been a shortage of new devices. Anyways, I noticed that the screen wasn't as white or bright my original device and you can really tell when you hold them up next to each other. Further to this, it seems like the keys aren't installed very well and they will catch on stuff. My first device had this issue and was already replaced under warranty.

Is there some setting I'm missing or is there another reason for this? If not, do I have a case for getting another one? I'm tired of exchanging devices as the content transfer doesn't transfer all settings and it takes me almost 2 hours to set it up to the way I had it before with all the app notifications and duplicate contacts etc. I've never had issues with the countless BBs I've had in the past and this is getting frustrating. I can't give up the PKB though.
    10-05-17 12:34 PM
    No setting for fixing the keys, so you might as well call support.... they might have a suggestion for adjusting the brightness or color temperature.
    10-05-17 12:47 PM
    Lowest bidder for manufacturing, this is what you get.

And let's be honest, TCL isn't springing for the highest binned parts.

I'd say get a refund and get another device, maybe try your luck with the Krypton.

But otherwise you'll have to endlessly return phones until you get a "good one".
    10-05-17 01:00 PM
    Thanks for the replies guys.

I tired adjusting the colour temperature but that's not the issue. I'll likely end up just waiting for the keys to fall off and hope the next replacement is better. It's like being in an abusive relationship with Blackberry/TCL these days.

Do you think there's a point of talking to BBMobile and getting a case opened so at least when my keys fall off there is documentation? I don't have any experience with BBMobile for that kind of replacement. I went to my local dealer and he swapped my device on the spot since I've known him for years and we have a good relationship. It was also within 30 days of buying the device. I didn't want to bug him with the screen lifting issue this time.
    10-05-17 01:18 PM
    Finally my screen lifted off so I received a new device after waiting three weeks for BBMobile to ship out a new one. This one came in a white box with the free case they're giving out with replacement devices (if anyone in Vancouver wants it you can come pick it up for free since I won't be using it). The manufacturer date is 9/29 so it seems there's been a shortage of new devices. Anyways, I noticed that the screen wasn't as white or bright my original device and you can really tell when you hold them up next to each other. Further to this, it seems like the keys aren't installed very well and they will catch on stuff. My first device had this issue and was already replaced under warranty.

Is there some setting I'm missing or is there another reason for this? If not, do I have a case for getting another one? I'm tired of exchanging devices as the content transfer doesn't transfer all settings and it takes me almost 2 hours to set it up to the way I had it before with all the app notifications and duplicate contacts etc. I've never had issues with the countless BBs I've had in the past and this is getting frustrating. I can't give up the PKB though.
    Do a google search and lots of people had this same complaint. Some of the cases were simply due to turning off adaptive display but some of them were legitimate dim screens, not other explanation lol

I'd return it if I were you. Why would you settle for a dim screen didn't you pay lots of money for it.
    10-05-17 01:43 PM
    Do a google search and lots of people had this same complaint. Some of the cases were simply due to turning off adaptive display but some of them were legitimate dim screens, not other explanation lol

I'd return it if I were you. Why would you settle for a dim screen didn't you pay lots of money for it.
    Thanks. I started another claim yesterday and am still waiting for a response. I'll update this thread throughout the claim for others to reference.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-06-17 01:34 PM
    Thanks. I started another claim yesterday and am still waiting for a response. I'll update this thread throughout the claim for others to reference.
    Did you try turning off adaptive display first?
    10-07-17 09:03 AM
    Did you try turning off adaptive display first?
    This.
    10-07-17 09:09 AM

I would say stay with what you have now unless it has other major flaws.

I have had 5 keyones. First 3 had all screen lifted so I got it replaced. The 4th one had a water damage. (My fault). And now I am having the black KEYᵒⁿᵉ from canada on my hand.

I would say all five KEYᵒⁿᵉs did not have the same quality screen or keyboards feel... tcl definitely has some quality issue not like other big manufacturers, and your chance of getting a 'nice one' would be very slim to none at least with my experience. The only good one without any hardware issue (that I think) was the 4th one with water damage.

First 3 had all screen lifted. 2nd one had squeaky and rattling volume buttons and slightly too much blue tint colored screen comparing to the 1st on top of the fallen screen, and the 3rd keyone's keyboard was making squeaking noises as I swipe on keyboard especially on 'k', 'n' and 'm' keys + the screen was slightly dimmer than the second one(without auto brightness on of course). The last black one on my hand also has loose and squeaky 'k', 'n' and left shift keys with dimmer screen than 4th KEYᵒⁿᵉ with almost perfect hardware...

But I'm not replacing this one unless the screen falls off again or so, which I doubt that it will happen again. I dont think I have a chance of getting the better hardware KEYᵒⁿᵉ even though I ask for the replacement.
    10-07-17 10:29 AM
    You have some serious bad luck apparently.
    10-08-17 10:59 PM
    You have some serious bad luck apparently.
    I would agree that I have a serious bad luck with this KEYᵒⁿᵉ and previous PRIV. But I never had bad luck like this before with any other blackberries and Samsung for past 15 years.

And they kept sending me the old batches with screen issue not fixed as replacements for the screen problem (-_-::, and that's one major reason I had to switch three phone for the same problem. Luckily the 4th one and 5th one didn't have screen problems at least.

And now... the squeaky keys start to annoy me more and more .
    10-09-17 12:00 PM