I have the new KeyOne and very much like the phone with all it does. I am a blackberry user going back 20 years. My wish is that Blackberry would develop an Android phone that is more the size of the Classic or Bold. The KeyOne is just a little big and cumbersome. Anyone else feel the same way?
    08-18-17 08:08 AM
    Some still want a more Curve like device, many want bigger like the Passport, and some what the 9900 brought back...... But in general the market wants a large screen and Android doesn't support a 1x1 display. In the end the PKB market is a tiny niche and trying to cater to all those "wants" is impossible now. KEYone is probable the "right" size....

There are two SLAB phones that have been rumored....
    08-18-17 08:24 AM
    I really hope those are not true... unless there's a PKB hidden under there (Priv 2 basically) but seriously who the hell buys a BlackBerry for their slabs? Bad bad decision if they go that route
    Qorax, dawnjc79 and johnb_xp like this.
    08-18-17 10:42 AM
    I have the new KeyOne and very much like the phone with all it does. I am a blackberry user going back 20 years. My wish is that Blackberry would develop an Android phone that is more the size of the Classic or Bold. The KeyOne is just a little big and cumbersome. Anyone else feel the same way?
    The smaller screens won't work with Android! All android devices are always gonna have that long rectangle "chocolatebar" size and shape!
    08-18-17 10:47 AM
    I hope to hearing rumors about the KEYtwo around this time next year to be released in 2019....or sooner of course ;-)

As far as the size, wouldnt mind one the size of the Classic for more one handed use but it doesn't seem likely
    08-18-17 10:54 AM
    we already have 2 BB slabs, the DTEK 50 and 60 at 2 different spec levels.
    Would seem likely they'll do sth similar to get higher volume sales.
    Slider phone not popular so unlikely, although I like the solution my self.

And if they continue to resolve the problems on the K1, boost the specs and add "styles", and therefore rescue the phone, they may be encouraged to bring out a second version.
    08-18-17 11:06 AM

And if they continue to resolve the problems on the K1, boost the specs and add "styles", and therefore rescue the phone, they may be encouraged to bring out a second version.
    The resources poured into the slabs should be poured into keyboards.
    TheGraduate likes this.
    08-18-17 11:09 AM
    The resources poured into the slabs should be poured into keyboards.
    ^ This. Seriously. TCL listen up, dont jump on the slabwagon, you'll just drown in the sea of Androids with nothing to stand out, design/hardware wise.
    08-18-17 11:41 AM
    I agree with you entirely. As much as this isn't going to be realistically possible with a physical keyboard, I'd love to see an all-touch Classic-sized device which would retain a lot of the traditional BlackBerry DNA and be a compelling iPhone SE alternative. The only Android option which comes to mind at the moment is Sony's Xperia X Compact, which is a great phone with an awful software experience.
    TCM01 and johnb_xp like this.
    08-18-17 11:42 AM
    ^ This. Seriously. TCL listen up, dont jump on the slabwagon, you'll just drown in the sea of Androids with nothing to stand out, design/hardware wise.
    ENTERPRISE..... Slabs or PKB that is the only way TCL will be able to make a go of BlackBerry Mobile. And Enterprise has consumers working for them. and SLABS are what they want. Best I could tell most those few big orders that BlackBerry announced were for the LEAP and not the Classic.

I agree that BlackBerry Mobile will drown in the consumer market... they can't compete on price and specs and don't have the resources to do something cutting edge. And without the keyboard even few of the faithful will bother.

Sadly I doubt Enterprise is all that interested in the Brand or the Security...
    Bbnivende likes this.
    08-18-17 11:47 AM
    ENTERPRISE..... Slabs or PKB that is the only way TCL will be able to make a go of BlackBerry Mobile. And Enterprise has consumers working for them. and SLABS are what they want. Best I could tell most those few big orders that BlackBerry announced were for the LEAP and not the Classic.

I agree that BlackBerry Mobile will drown in the consumer market... they can't compete on price and specs and don't have the resources to do something cutting edge. And without the keyboard even few of the faithful will bother.

Sadly I doubt Enterprise is all that interested in the Brand or the Security...
    I just don't see how they would make more profit going all slab is what I was saying... even die hard BB fans would prob go to SlabSung as, like you said, they don't have the resources to come up with something that can beat the comp...and that's a good thing! Keep the PKB niche alive...and maybe it'll slowly but steadly expand over time
    08-18-17 12:05 PM
    The smaller screens won't work with Android! All android devices are always gonna have that long rectangle "chocolatebar" size and shape!
    4:3 ratio screens would make the phone a bit shorter, and is in spec for Android.
    Will they ever be found in a TCL model? I would guess it could be possible if their research found that K1 buyers were ok with it. There are those that feel that TCL made a great choice in going with 3:2 and they may feel that anything else is a step backwards.

TCL will also factor in any potential cost differences in sourcing screen ratios - both are niche products in a 16:9 world.
    phuoc, Mrs Teapot and johnb_xp like this.
    08-18-17 12:09 PM
    I just don't see how they would make more profit going all slab is what I was saying... even die hard BB fans would prob go to SlabSung as, like you said, they don't have the resources to come up with something that can beat the comp...and that's a good thing! Keep the PKB niche alive...and maybe it'll slowly but steadly expand over time
    Yes... niche aka pkb is the only salvation at this point... BB has already surrendered the enterprise domination they enjoyed for so many years, to iOS and the slabsungs out there... pushing GFE which is an abomination has been penny wise pound foolish and the demise of BB as an enterprise leader. I have regressed back to my Passport and BES12 after almost two years of patiently torturing myself on a Priv/GFE w/ AT&T.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-17 12:17 PM
    I really hope those are not true... unless there's a PKB hidden under there (Priv 2 basically) but seriously who the hell buys a BlackBerry for their slabs? Bad bad decision if they go that route
    Totally agreed! You buy BlackBerry for the physical keyboard!
    If they wish to be successful on the slab market they have to make a model with top specs as S8 and price it significantly less !
    08-18-17 12:40 PM
    Yes... niche aka pkb is the only salvation at this point... BB has already surrendered the enterprise domination they enjoyed for so many years, to iOS and the slabsungs out there... pushing GFE which is an abomination has been penny wise pound foolish and the demise of BB as an enterprise leader. I have regressed back to my Passport and BES12 after almost two years of patiently torturing myself on a Priv/GFE w/ AT&T.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry but BlackBerry never made ANY money on BB10 or devices powered by it. And BlackBerry just could not scale down to a point to keep development and production going.

The "pound foolish" was ignoring iOS and Android capabilities for far too long. A wise tech company would have been looking for a replacement for JAVA, before Apple or Google released their new OS. BB10 should have happened 5 years earlier.... or never at all.
    TCM01 likes this.
    08-18-17 01:22 PM
    Totally agreed! You buy BlackBerry for the physical keyboard!
    If they wish to be successful on the slab market they have to make a model with top specs as S8 and price it significantly less !
    Right they could release one flagship killer slab to attract the masses and use the profit (if significant enough) to develop awesome PKB projects. On my end, I would boycott the slab.

Or even better, the S8 (and even S7) have physical keyboard attachments (that uglify the phone in a way you could have never imagined). TCL could make a slab with the bottom curved in to have that clipped on attachment if wanted, basically figuring out a way to make it look unibody (and not like a cheap mod) unlike on the Slabsungs. Think of the Moto Z Play line.
    08-18-17 01:27 PM
    Sorry but BlackBerry never made ANY money on BB10 or devices powered by it. And BlackBerry just could not scale down to a point to keep development and production going.

The "pound foolish" was ignoring iOS and Android capabilities for far too long. A wise tech company would have been looking for a replacement for JAVA, before Apple or Google released their new OS. BB10 should have happened 5 years earlier.... or never at all.
    Oh, I agree with you that BB fell behind a long time ago and a properly executed android solution is the future... I am just saying that my experience with the Priv and GFE has been abysmal and I hope that there is another android PKB without the issues of Priv... I haven't had a chance to try the K1 yet but knowing I am still limited to GFE is reason enough for me to stay with my Passport a little longer, until there is a sustainable enterprise email/contacts/calendar solution that is android and BB hub friendly... and same or faster access versus my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    EndRacism likes this.
    08-18-17 03:18 PM
    I personally hope they release a high spec slab. The Z30 was my go to phone till I got the Priv, and I loved it.
    phuoc and blackberry4life79 like this.
    08-18-17 03:57 PM
    I used to think I would like th Classic sized device. But after 3 months with my KEYone I can't imagine going smaller
    08-18-17 05:57 PM
    Once again, there's no appeasement for BlackBerry customers...

Z10, too small for Z30 fans
    Z30, too big for Z10 fans
    PRIV, pointless to have a keyboard when all you want is a pure slab like the Z10 or Z30
    Curve, too small
    Q10, too small for Classic fans
    Classic, too big for Q10 fans
    Passport, too big for Q10 and Classic fans
    gokulesh likes this.
    08-18-17 07:09 PM
    A BlackBerry Android smartphone with the form factor of a BlackBerry Bold 9700 or even a BlackBerry Q5 would be very much appreciated. For communication centric activity the size of the BlackBerry Bold 9700 was fantastic but the keyboard of the BlackBerry Q5 was faster and easier to accurately type messages in my experience.
    08-18-17 08:26 PM

I disagree about slider, the Priv would have sold better, if it hadn't had so many problems, and I bought one and have every issue, severely hot, creaky, insane battery drain, and no, for that much money I wasn't going to wait a year to get all the bugs worked out. I for one would love to see a remake of the torch but larger and thinner.
    08-18-17 08:40 PM
    The only BB can continue making devices is by having a high and midge range slab
    08-18-17 09:36 PM
    I disagree about slider, the Priv would have sold better, if it hadn't had so many problems, and I bought one and have every issue, severely hot, creaky, insane battery drain, and no, for that much money I wasn't going to wait a year to get all the bugs worked out. I for one would love to see a remake of the torch but larger and thinner.
    I'd like to see a slider too, but we're in the minority. I'm sure they crunched some numbers and found that it wouldn't be economically viable.

The PKBs are now micro-niche devices. It's almost a miracle that there is one at all on the market. Enjoy it while you can!
    08-19-17 02:19 AM
    Some still want a more Curve like device, many want bigger like the Passport, and some what the 9900 brought back...... But in general the market wants a large screen and Android doesn't support a 1x1 display. In the end the PKB market is a tiny niche and trying to cater to all those "wants" is impossible now. KEYone is probable the "right" size....

KEYone size is good ,but KEYone on Qualcomm 625/3GB/32GB are low spec .may BlackBerry consider coming up new phone on higher CPU 835/RAM 4-6GB/Storage 32-128GB.
    Arabianhorse likes this.
    08-19-17 03:46 AM
145 123 ...