anyone in the US have a option to download, or at this point is it just Canada?
    07-16-18 10:58 AM
    At this point you can't.... you had to be part of the beta program.

I would not be surprised if next week it's not out for most all users...
    A whole OS Beta Testing for just one week? Seems a little too short, don't you think?

I would go for a month. Hopefully I am wrong!
    07-16-18 10:58 AM
    Have to say I'm a bit annoyed at not being selected for Beta as I have been a tester for many years. I'm sure many others are as well. Good luck to all, hope things are smooth!
    I was selected, however, because i'm using the dual sim keyone version and they don't have a beta for that . Nice to see the beta is at least 8.1? Can anyone confirm that its 8.1 and the security update that it comes with?
    07-16-18 10:59 AM
    But i already fill the form days ago. How can i be accepted??
    Lots of people applied dude. I personally have three devices that could run testing, but haven't been selected yet. My assumption is it's all random.
    07-16-18 11:05 AM
    Once you install the beta, I assume it's like the prior updates where you can't go back?
    07-16-18 11:41 AM
    A whole OS Beta Testing for just one week? Seems a little too short, don't you think?

I would go for a month. Hopefully I am wrong!
    They used to do that with the Priv betas. Send them out to beta group then push the same version out to everyone a week or 2 after. In this case, Oreo has likely been ready for some time now. Heck Rogers thought they were pushing out at the end of June and I doubt they got that info from anyone else besides BlackBerry Mobile. So chances are, this is the final version and will go out to everyone at some point soon. They probably just wanted to get this beta started so figured they would with this OS. That's my guess anyway.
    07-16-18 11:52 AM
    @gophia @kreeker @sushi_boy604

Can you please check the following:

1. Is Currency Key is now customizable to pull down the notification shade, like it is on the KEY²?

2. Was Locker updated to the same version as the KEY² (if Firefox is installed within Locker then the answer is Yes)
    1. No

2. Yes

https://crackberry.com/blackberry-be...GLhGpmJCdfF.97
    07-16-18 11:56 AM
    Once you install the beta, I assume it's like the prior updates where you can't go back?
    You wouldn't want to. It runs very well.
    07-16-18 12:23 PM
    Sorry, I think our older Beta Zone system chokes sending email out to so many people. Please do sign up at the new link!
    OK that makes sense never got an email but have signed up to the new program but yet to hear back.
    07-16-18 12:25 PM
    Well, that's definitely interesting. They are NOW announcing BETA for OREO seeming to throw the Rogers various announcements out the window.

But I'm happy to hear that there's some movement toward Oreo, although it now seems to be further out.
    There was no way Rogers was launching this on that date they had posted on the site if they are now doing a beta program.
    07-16-18 12:40 PM
    What wi-fi issue? The one that has trouble staying connected to the 5 GHz band?

That's not a security issue. If I recall, the 2.4 GHz band still works fine and has the same secure connection protocols.

Or is there another issue I haven't heard of yet.
    Some people are stupidly dropping down to WEP instead of just staying on 2.4Ghz maybe that is what he is referring to
    07-16-18 12:43 PM
    Dang! Another reason to get a KEY².
    07-16-18 01:22 PM
    So after playing around with 8.1, on my Keyone, the overall feeling is that it is no significant difference than 7.1. Yes, the layout of the setting is slightly different but if you didn't tell me it was 8.1, I wouldn't even have know. So have no idea why people are freaking out that they have yet to get the Oreo.
    07-16-18 01:38 PM
    Some people are stupidly dropping down to WEP instead of just staying on 2.4Ghz maybe that is what he is referring to
    5GH, been stable and working without a problem on 8.1. Speedtest on both 2.4 and 5GH resulted in basically the same speed.
    07-16-18 01:41 PM
    Anyone from India got selected?
    07-16-18 01:46 PM
    anyone with BBB100-2 got oreo?
    DE keyone?
    07-16-18 02:00 PM
    Still wondering what selection criteria is based off of. I've been a beta tester since Beta Zone launched with BBOS on my Bold 9700.
    07-16-18 02:02 PM
    Anyone from India got selected?
    I've got an indian keyone and they didn't select me as they dont have beta software for it
    07-16-18 02:08 PM
    That would be a silly.

Honestly, I don't understand the need for a 5 GHz band connection on a mobile device. I mean, I suppose as long as I works, great.
    07-16-18 02:17 PM
    There was no way Rogers was launching this on that date they had posted on the site if they are now doing a beta program.
    This is likely the final release and not a true "beta". I remember back to the Priv beta days. they would release a beta and then push the exact build out like a week or 2 later to everyone else. Remember, Oreo has been ready and tested and running on the KEY2 already anyways. I highly doubt this will last longer then a couple of weeks before getting pushed to everyone else.
    07-16-18 02:30 PM
    Anyone hear having trouble with their cellular network not working. Can't receive or make calls or send texts?
    07-16-18 03:06 PM
    Just an FYI for all those reading, the Beta roll out does NOT include any option of upgrading (via the OTA to the Beta 8.1) for any Sprint or VZW variants (read that as any CDMA device) - I know, I already asked and it was answered.....

Sorry guys, we just have to wait a little longer.
    bibbula likes this.
    07-16-18 03:07 PM
    Got it too!
    Attached Thumbnails New Blackberry Apps Beta Community and Oreo Beta testing-img_20180716_1708276.jpg  
    Last edited by IvanTheTolerable; 07-16-18 at 03:35 PM.
    akshay_neudigit likes this.
    07-16-18 03:09 PM
    I've got an indian keyone and they didn't select me as they dont have beta software for it
    Ok.. But I hope we receive the update once they release it for unlocked dual SIM version.. Some day may be
    07-16-18 03:23 PM
    Ok.. But I hope we receive the update once they release it for unlocked dual SIM version.. Some day may be
    i sincerely hope so too. I bought a dual sim key2 from germany just in case that takes too long
    07-16-18 03:26 PM
188 12345 ...