TL;DR: Blackberry moves its app beta community to a new site and announces by the way a Keyone Beta Program for Android Oreo.

Full Email:
    Howdy!
    Thank you for being a part of our beta programs in BlackBerry Beta Zone! This month, July, we are moving our beta testing effort to a new community hosted by beta program experts Centercode.
    We would love for you to continue beta testing early versions of apps and software with us in this new community. The new space has excellent new ways for you to share and organize your feedback and bug reports with other participants, so we can treat the highest-impact issues you find with the highest priority. If you're interested in continuing to test with us, please join us in our new community here:
    The new BlackBerry Beta community: https://bbbeta.centercode.com/
    We will be transitioning the Hub+ Suite & Apps program to our new community this month. Once you're signed up to the community, you'll be on our list to invite to new open programs. We're also happy to be starting an invitation-only beta program for Android Oreo on the BlackBerry KEYone. If you're a KEYone user, make sure to visit the new community and complete your profile to secure an invite.
    If you no longer wish to participate in BlackBerry beta programs, no action is needed on your part. We'll remove you from the beta testing groups as we move away from this Beta Zone community this month.
    Thank you, and I hope to see you in the new community!
    John & the BlackBerry Beta Team
    Felipe Arriaza and ELA1973 like this.
    07-12-18 04:08 PM
    Yeah. I've just received the email...
    TL;DR: Blackberry moves its app beta community to a new site and announces by the way a Keyone Beta Program for Android Oreo.

Full Email:
    07-12-18 04:20 PM

Full Email:
    Well, that's definitely interesting. They are NOW announcing BETA for OREO seeming to throw the Rogers various announcements out the window.

But I'm happy to hear that there's some movement toward Oreo, although it now seems to be further out.
    Fred Wu likes this.
    07-12-18 05:41 PM
    been on the beta program since BBOS yet haven't received the email at all. Wonder if this program is regional?
    freeyo and j21jam6 like this.
    07-12-18 06:10 PM
    I signed up. I wonder what their turnaround time is to choose people and release the beta OS for testing.. It was announced today so guess sometime but, in BB10 there were lots of beta autoloaders out that let you upgrade your OS without waiting for your mobile or the beta program itself
    07-12-18 06:11 PM
    signed up. now we wait!
    Sarek1701 likes this.
    07-12-18 06:29 PM
    This means that we need to wait longer for the release which supposedly fix the WiFi issue.

It's safe to say that people may not have secured WiFi connection on their KEYᵒⁿᵉ device for the better of 3 - 4 months now, and who knows how long that will continue.
    mbirth likes this.
    07-12-18 09:02 PM
    lame. I didnt get the email and I definitely did the priv betas forever
    07-12-18 09:09 PM
    been on the beta program since BBOS yet haven't received the email at all. Wonder if this program is regional?
    I'm wondering as well, but signed up anyway. I hope to be included, since I as well have been on the program for a long time.
    07-12-18 09:53 PM
    Also signed up. Got the email announcing the new site. It's more like setting up a new account as my password didn't work for the old beta program.
    07-12-18 10:39 PM
    Is that "Oreo on KEYᵒⁿᵉ" programme supposed to test the Hub+ Suite which is Oreo-enabled for a longer time, or the OS on that specific device (cause also K2 already has it)?
    07-12-18 11:55 PM
    Is that "Oreo on KEYᵒⁿᵉ" programme supposed to test the Hub+ Suite which is Oreo-enabled for a longer time, or the OS on that specific device (cause also K2 already has it)?
    The latter IMO
    07-13-18 12:46 AM
    They have been too late for beta programme
    07-13-18 03:54 AM
    E-mail update from blackberry beta program:

"Howdy!

We would like to invite you to apply to participate in testing Android Oreo on your BlackBerry KEYone! Throughout the program we'll provide early access to Android Oreo updates for your KEYone device, and we'll accept & review your feedback relating to the upgrade experience, device performance, and the overall Oreo experience.

If you're interested in participating, please click the link below and provide us with some information to get started.

Thank you!

BlackBerry Beta Team"
    JohnAtBlackBerry and FF22 like this.
    07-13-18 11:21 AM
    They have been too late for beta programme
    Probably not really a beta program... more of an official report group.

Wouldn't be surprised if they get it only a few days before everyone else... but being part of the beta program they'll have a way to report issues.
    07-13-18 01:06 PM
    Hiya! Hoping to get started on KEYone with a small initial group on Monday. Private invites are out to the first group!
    AZN, john_v, bibbula and 1 others like this.
    07-13-18 01:17 PM
    Sorry, I think our older Beta Zone system chokes sending email out to so many people. Please do sign up at the new link!
    john_v and bibbula like this.
    07-13-18 01:19 PM
    If I got the email invite earlier today does that mean I'll be selected for Monday?
    07-13-18 01:21 PM
    If I got the email invite earlier today does that mean I'll be selected for Monday?
    Yep, that means you were included in our first wave
    AZN, bibbula and Sarek1701 like this.
    07-13-18 01:23 PM
    Interesting. I signed up and filled out the info.
    07-13-18 01:33 PM
    Awesome! I'm looking forward to it.
    07-13-18 02:43 PM
    Awesome! I'm looking forward to it.
    Joined now waiting further developments

https://plus.google.com/+AndroidPoli...ts/N3tkfWQft5z
    07-13-18 03:28 PM
    Long time betazone tester but no email today about it. Guessing this means no chance of being in first wave of tests?
    07-13-18 03:32 PM
    Long time betazone tester but no email today about it. Guessing this means no chance of being in first wave of tests?
    Same here. Created a new account yesterday... Guess it will come when it comes
    07-13-18 03:40 PM
    This means that we need to wait longer for the release which supposedly fix the WiFi issue.

It's safe to say that people may not have secured WiFi connection on their KEYᵒⁿᵉ device for the better of 3 - 4 months now, and who knows how long that will continue.
    What wi-fi issue? The one that has trouble staying connected to the 5 GHz band?

That's not a security issue. If I recall, the 2.4 GHz band still works fine and has the same secure connection protocols.

Or is there another issue I haven't heard of yet.
    07-13-18 03:53 PM
188 123 ...