RIM/TCL/BlackBerry/Whoever if you are seeing this:

1. The app button is archaic - give us a "swipe up" into the app drawer

2. Remove the "updates" , "settings" , and "radio" apps from the app lists - the first two are redundant - and the "radio" app cant even be uninstalled, disabled, or disable background data - if you click on the data you see all this different information which leads me to see its more than a "radio" app but serves some other system function - why not separate that o_O - as a consumer I see a "radio" app i'll never use and cant remove from my device.

3. Dtek - I know I know it's your bread and butter - meh - another "app" I don't wanna see in my APP list - really wish we could remove this, I've never opened it and have no use for it. I don't install shady apps, and I fair just fine on my own -

4. Consider 1st party solutions: voice recorder and file explorer/manager.

When OEM's realize most are buying the hardware, I don't mind the software add-ons to differentiate your product, but again, this goes for all OEM's let the end user decide what software solutions work for them- its asinine we have let this go on-

I have no interest in third party "solutions" - I'm gonna install another app to cure an app- giving some third party with "high ratings" so I should "trust" intrusive permissions when I'm trying to reduce my permissions-and app count- no thanks - that's rich.

If the nova, the root, the package disabler, Bx remap, the this, the that - fine that works for you - this isn't the thread for you - to each their own -

We pay too much $ to even have devices we can't fully critique to our liking (for the most part anyways) - there's some financial motive, seedy reason, pride/ego/arrogance, poor coding /s - as to why certain apps can be disabled while others can be removed - look at Dtek or Bixby - we dont pay to use those "services" so if the end user will never use them - why deny them the option to remove an app, from "their" phone they paid you for o_O - its obvious you have a underline subliminal vested interest in keeping the app on the unit- users weren't begging for a Bixby or Dtek - and let's be clear - I've never read how someone said the great Dtek saved their device from a Trojan etc. All a bunch of marketing bologna
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    07-17-17 12:12 PM
    1 swipe up on the App Drawer icon if you prefer.

2 that's what home screens are for. Organize as you like. Think of the app drawer as a hidden junk folder.

3 apart from the physical keyboard, the dtek app is the entire point of a Blackberry Android device.

4 no point in trying to reinvent the wheel. They'd never do better than what's out there now, not by a long shot. Most oem file managers get replaced with a real one anyway.
    Last edited by conite; 07-17-17 at 12:40 PM.
    07-17-17 12:29 PM
    1 swipe up on the App Drawer icon if you prefer.

2 that's what home screens are for. Organize as you like. Think of the app drawer as a hidden junk folder.

3 apart from the physical keyboard, the dtek app is the entire point of a Blackberry Android device.

4 no point in trying to reinvent the wheel. They'd never do better than what's out there now, not by a long shot. Most oem file managers get replaced with a real one anyway.
    1. Laughing
    2. Out
    3. Loud

This added nothing to the bane of my existence

4. This is not a safety drill

Lol hopefully RIM/TCL/BlackBerry/Tim Cook see's the concise points I made and follows up on the August update
    07-17-17 04:01 PM
    What a great, insightful discussion.
    xandros9 likes this.
    07-17-17 08:29 PM
    What a great, insightful discussion.
    Lol not sure what you were expecting when the OP started with the app drawer button being "archaic". Just slightly dramatic.
    07-17-17 08:31 PM
    Get a different launcher then. I'm a fan of Evie for those things.

There's no point in hoping a large company changes course just for you and your minority taste when a third-party app works perfectly. And I know a thing or two about having unique taste!

And Android has permission controls, so use what's there. If you don't want to help yourself and hope BlackBerry/whoever does something then there's nothing we can do for you.
    07-17-17 09:27 PM
    You're doing better than me. I can't get the Blackberry Launcher to work. Uninstalling and reinstalling deleted all my home screen shortcuts too.
    07-17-17 10:01 PM
    You're doing better than me. I can't get the Blackberry Launcher to work. Uninstalling and reinstalling deleted all my home screen shortcuts too.
    What device do you have?
    07-17-17 10:31 PM
    Sounds likes he's mad about BlackBerry 10.

Any who. Try pixel launcher, or nova launcher. Nova literally lets you everything.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-17 12:55 AM
    Sounds likes he's mad about BlackBerry 10.
    Yeah. Take away all the third party options and add in a good 1st party file manager and you have BB10. BB10 is perfect for not needing to worry with third party "solutions". BlackBerry still sells the Passport. Fwiw.
    07-18-17 03:21 AM
    RIM/TCL/BlackBerry/Whoever if you are seeing this:

3. Dtek - I know I know it's your bread and butter - meh - another "app" I don't wanna see in my APP list - really wish we could remove this, I've never opened it and have no use for it. I don't install shady apps, and I fair just fine on my own -
    Since you never opened the app or used it how do you know you don't need it? Do you know what it does? It seems to me you are under the impression that it will defect shady apps, well news flash m8, it's not for that.
    All that DTEK does it centralize all apps and permissions in one place. So for example if you want to know what apps use the camera, you can go into DTEK and see that from 3 taps, on the other hand if you don't use this app you need to manually go into each app and see if it uses the camera or not.
    You can easily control all permissions of all apps from this app without the need of going into each app, but who am I to tell someone how to use an app since they don't need it, as they never opened it or used it
    07-18-17 04:28 AM
    What do you mean can't get it to work? What is the issue?
    07-18-17 10:29 AM