07-26-17 02:09 AM
33 12
tools
    I am not sure if anyone noticed, but Keyone is no longer being shipped and sold by Amazon. But now rather it is being sold directly on Amazon by TCL Communications. I wonder does this mean these batches are good to go.
    07-24-17 03:24 AM
    I am not sure if anyone noticed, but Keyone is no longer being shipped and sold by Amazon. But now rather it is being sold directly on Amazon by TCL Communications. I wonder does this mean these batches are good to go.
    Or Amazon doesn't want to be directly involved by selling the item from "them" it'll be interesting to see, TCL has gone about this horribly I don't care anymore, nobody with a screen issue should have any complaints other than the screen falling, once notified TCL should be making it right as fast as possible! This inconsistent ambiguous responses is beyond telling, I'm only keeping my KEYᵒⁿᵉ because I don't have my Classic or Passport anymore and I paid $280 for the KEYᵒⁿᵉ NIB otherwise @ $549.99+ tax I'd return this item with no hesitation
    07-24-17 04:05 AM
    When I got my first keyone from bestbuy at launch, I clearly remember pulling off that little plastic cover on the flash. When my screen lifted and I got a new one from blackberry, they assured me it was the new corrected stock. I did look for that plastic flash cover to remove, I didn't have one. - thought that was odd. I now know it was most likely integrated with the back cover plastic like op. I just didn't catch that at the time. Does it mean I actually got an updated keyone? I still have no idea.
    07-24-17 12:58 PM
    My first KEYone from May31st had it's screen lifted (my name is already on the MegaList). I fixed it myself and has been holding up fine. But an accident happened where my keyboard got all scratched up in my pocket. Everything works, but I gave that one away.

So I got lucky and was able to order and get one from Amazon. Dates in title.

Setting it up and noticed I didn't have to remove the two tone flash plastic protector that the original one had. I went through some unboxing videos and confirmed the first ones had a small plastic cover over the two tone flash plastic.

The newest one I got from Amazon has the flash protector integrated into the back plastic protector.

Could this be the differentiator for the "glued screen" version?
    Attachment 427461
    What did you do to fix your screen lift? Was it a good fix?
    07-24-17 01:32 PM
    It might not mean anything. Initially when it launched and Amazon ran out of stock the phone was shipping directly from TCL, so it could just mean that they don't have enough stock on hand to provide to Amazon.
    07-24-17 02:10 PM
    Interestingly, my newly purchased asian variant keyone has the same flash protector integrated into the back plastic protector like yours..
    07-24-17 02:12 PM
    My first KEYone from May31st had it's screen lifted (my name is already on the MegaList). I fixed it myself and has been holding up fine. But an accident happened where my keyboard got all scratched up in my pocket. Everything works, but I gave that one away.

So I got lucky and was able to order and get one from Amazon. Dates in title.

Setting it up and noticed I didn't have to remove the two tone flash plastic protector that the original one had. I went through some unboxing videos and confirmed the first ones had a small plastic cover over the two tone flash plastic.

The newest one I got from Amazon has the flash protector integrated into the back plastic protector.

Could this be the differentiator for the "glued screen" version?
    Attachment 427461
    I'm on my 3rd unit purchased via Amazon (2 sold by TCL, 1 by Amazon). All 3 had the "old" plastic cover so that's promising. Most recent one was ordered 6/29.
    07-24-17 04:36 PM
    I'm on my 3rd unit purchased via Amazon (2 sold by TCL, 1 by Amazon). All 3 had the "old" plastic cover so that's promising. Most recent one was ordered 6/29.
    My "replacement" received June 16th a Friday I think, ordered 6/12 days after screengate - had this uniform plastic cover - well fast forward - ordered "new" on 7/18 from Amazon.com LLC and received a used unit!! With old plastic coverings by the way
    07-26-17 02:09 AM
33 12