My first KEYone from May31st had it's screen lifted (my name is already on the MegaList). I fixed it myself and has been holding up fine. But an accident happened where my keyboard got all scratched up in my pocket. Everything works, but I gave that one away.

So I got lucky and was able to order and get one from Amazon. Dates in title.

Setting it up and noticed I didn't have to remove the two tone flash plastic protector that the original one had. I went through some unboxing videos and confirmed the first ones had a small plastic cover over the two tone flash plastic.

The newest one I got from Amazon has the flash protector integrated into the back plastic protector.

Could this be the differentiator for the "glued screen" version?
    New Amazon KEYone Difference Noticed: July 13th order. July 18 delivery.-img_20170721_1646417.jpg
    thefamf likes this.
    07-21-17 07:12 PM
    My first KEYone from May31st had it's screen lifted (my name is already on the MegaList). I fixed it myself and has been holding up fine. But an accident happened where my keyboard got all scratched up in my pocket. Everything works, but I gave that one away.

Setting it up and noticed I didn't have to remove the two tone flash plastic protector that the original one had. I went through some unboxing videos and confirmed the first ones had a small plastic cover over the two tone flash plastic.

The newest one I got from Amazon has the flash protector integrated into the back plastic protector.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170721_1646417.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	126.8 KB 
ID:	427461
    Good find.
    07-21-17 07:18 PM
    My finger was there cuz I was trying to block the IMEI. Didn't come out the way I wanted. LOL
    deezus48 likes this.
    07-21-17 07:19 PM
    OP, can you show what the original version from your first phone looked like?

Posted via CB10
    07-21-17 10:43 PM
    Nice catch - but all the more reason they need to specify and eliminate the guessing game. I ordered on May 31st had a defect with square button so I replaced ordered on June 12th I believe (replacement by Amazon) then received June 16th - haven't had any issues and I don't remember how the first one was factory sealed - could be a simple packaging change and totally unrelated - we dont have any concrete information because they are so ambiguous.

Now I happened to place another order a few days ago (after the "new batch" announcement). Just to be safe - it hasn't shipped yet due to arrive Wednesday - but I just checked my packaging and mines is the same as yours

Sigh - idk - I don't want another device, but at the same time I don't want to own a defective unit and be at the mercy of a "warranty" that has had inconsistent performance - but if this change in the protective sheet is an indicator that would be awesome and I could cancel and just keep the one I got
    07-21-17 11:13 PM
    I don't see the silver Bar at the top of the device?
    anon(870071) likes this.
    07-21-17 11:48 PM
    I don't see the silver Bar at the top of the device?
    That's because he's using the phone to take the picture. The protective screen had been removed and is actually on the back of the plastic insert from the box.
    hjc73734 likes this.
    07-22-17 12:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't have my first keyone nor its packaging anymore but watch a few unboxing videos you'll see there is a little piece seperately covering the flash.
    07-22-17 01:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    Here's some screen grabs from the JerryRig video where the KEYone failed. Notice the cutout and the second plastic protector on the flash. Contrast and brightness adjusted to show more the lines more clearly.

Again. Not saying this is definitive. Just a difference I noticed.

New Amazon KEYone Difference Noticed: July 13th order. July 18 delivery.-keyoneback1.jpg
    New Amazon KEYone Difference Noticed: July 13th order. July 18 delivery.-keyoneback2.jpg
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    07-22-17 09:11 AM
    Nice catch - but all the more reason they need to specify and eliminate the guessing game. I ordered on May 31st had a defect with square button so I replaced ordered on June 12th I believe (replacement by Amazon) then received June 16th - haven't had any issues and I don't remember how the first one was factory sealed - could be.
    The JerryRig video was published June 8th. I doubt TCL took only 4 days to make adjustments to the manufacturing changes needed.

So if your June 12th order already has the 1 piece back protector then I have doubts on it being the indicator of the additional glue.

Of course, nobody really knows except TCL and they should come forward with the information to put peoples minds at rest.

Replacement and warranty is fine. But people have sensitive data on their phones and if that ribbon breaks, they can't clean it out before sending it back.
    07-22-17 09:26 AM

No idea if what you found is an indicator of the new/old batch, but goodness, what a terrific memory you have!
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    07-22-17 10:33 AM
    ...or is it an indication they are tearing them apart to "fix" them and sell as new when really they are "unsold but refubished" ???

Posted via CB10
    07-22-17 11:12 AM
    I doubt TCL took only 4 days to make adjustments to the manufacturing changes needed.

So if your June 12th order already has the 1 piece back protector then I have doubts on it being the indicator of the additional glue.

Of course, nobody really knows except TCL and they should come forward with the information to put peoples minds at rest.
    All we can do is speculate. Since TCL is ambiguous in their responses. I did return my unit and requested replacement on the 12th I believe I just know I got it on a Fri the 16th.

*The new packaging is irrelevant to the screen issue and totally unrelated

*The screen issue "was" truly affecting only a small batch of units and there is a mixture of units with proper adhesive and those without it pre this Jerry rig

*Some users don't use cases, have an environment with extreme temp changes, usage patterns, etc. So more adhesive or not they would never experience screen fallout

*identifying information - if it was only a "small batch" it would have to be identified - let us check our imei to see if we have a potentially effected screen or not. They didn't specify -

*neither unit I have got has had a build date (maybe only certain regions)

* For now, I think all the units pre this discovery used the same design manufacturing - and would have been been treated the same had it not been for this video and some users wouldnt ever have a screen fallout because of the way they use their devices.

Either way I don't like how they choose to handle this
    07-22-17 04:58 PM
    Either way I don't like how they choose to handle this
    I guess they think that differentiate the old and new (improved) is not good for their bussiness.
    07-23-17 04:54 AM
    ...or is it an indication they are tearing them apart to "fix" them and sell as new when really they are "unsold but refubished" ???

Posted via CB10
    I'm very cynical too, and this also crossed my mind...
    ...not saying that TCL are doing this, but rather that some organisations definitely would.
    07-23-17 07:54 AM
    I don't have my first keyone nor its packaging anymore but watch a few unboxing videos you'll see there is a little piece seperately covering the flash.
    There is I have the original launch day Canadian K1!
    07-23-17 11:41 AM
    Hi, how did you fix your originaal one? Thanks!
    07-23-17 02:22 PM
    Hi, how did you fix your originaal one? Thanks!
    Scraped off the old glue and used 2mm double sided 3M mobile repair tape.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-23-17 05:02 PM
    I'm very cynical too, and this also crossed my mind...
    ...not saying that TCL are doing this, but rather that some organisations definitely would.
    Well they did say that all of their gluegate devices have already been sold so, I doubt this.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-17 05:32 PM
    Great, thanks! This one?
    https://www.amazon.com/YUYIKES-Adhes...UvbUpU12969002
    07-23-17 05:58 PM
    We need more evidence to see if this is true.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-17 06:13 PM
    I am going ahead and sending this June 16th one back and getting a "new" one Tuesday from Amazon it was briefly back in Stock and I got one ordered July 18th
    07-23-17 07:14 PM
    Looks like the right one.
    07-23-17 07:57 PM
    I guess you did not take any photos?

Where do you apply the tape? Under the screen in a full rectangle? Partial? Not on the sides of the screen?

I should doctor a photo with some labels!!!
    07-23-17 08:23 PM
    I guess you did not take any photos?

Where do you apply the tape? Under the screen in a full rectangle? Partial? Not on the sides of the screen?

I should doctor a photo with some labels!!!
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12939776

I detailed my repair on this post.

DO AT YOUR OWN RISK. It's very easy to shove debris while scraping the glue in between the screen layers and you'll see it!
    07-23-17 09:52 PM
33 12