OK, I have read snippets here and there that the SIM card actually has some network related data that might be phone specific, and that it can be optimized for the phone.

I had a BB Classic on Rogers for a few years now. My house has very poor cell reception, and I am in between two towers. On the classic most things like SMS would work, but I would miss a call occasionally.

I ordered my K1 from Rogers and it arrived on schedule. It came with a SIM card, but the instructions said I could try a SIM card from my old phone. I used the SIM card from the classic and it worked fine.

I haven't noticed any call issues, but I have noticed that my SMS messages often get stuck sending and have a reasonably high failure rate in my house. (20-25% failure rate)

Is it possible that the SIM card supplied with the phone could solve this problem? Should I go through the hassle of changing the SIM card?
    06-12-17 07:59 PM
    You could try, but I don't believe it would change the outcome if those 2 Sims card are identical.
    Now if one Sim is rated higher (I don't know if that even exist) then it would be different.
    I remember reading that changing the provision of the account was making it better for some.
    Eg: provision for Android as opposed to BB.
    06-12-17 08:06 PM
    You could try, but I don't believe it would change the outcome if those 2 Sims card are identical.
    Now if one Sim is rated higher (I don't know if that even exist) then it would be different.
    I remember reading that changing the provision of the account was making it better for some.
    Eg: provision for Android as opposed to BB.
    Thanks, that is a good point about provisioning. I have no idea about SIM card ratings either. I was hoping a network engineer would pipe in.
    06-12-17 08:31 PM
    I doubt very much that your SIM card has much to do with it. There are some cellular network preferences in Settings that relate to data (LTE/4G/3G, etc.) but your phone calls and text messages (SMS) use the GSM frequencies. MMS messages that aren't pure text do use data though.
    Last edited by BB-JAM215; 06-12-17 at 08:55 PM.
    06-12-17 08:33 PM
    it wont do jack to what your already getting
    06-12-17 08:47 PM
    Call it a coincidence but I was having issues with dropped phone calls and delayed text messages. Went into rogers today to try switching out my sim card before I return the phone. So far so good.... That being said I haven't been making many phone calls since.
    06-12-17 10:40 PM
    Call it a coincidence but I was having issues with dropped phone calls and delayed text messages. Went into rogers today to try switching out my sim card before I return the phone. So far so good.... That being said I haven't been making many phone calls since.
    Did they change the provisioning of your account?
    06-12-17 10:41 PM
    As far as I know, nothing on my account was changed.
    06-12-17 10:43 PM
    Also wonder if it could be due to the woobly sim tray that some people has!
    Last edited by Alain_A; 06-13-17 at 11:27 PM.
    06-12-17 10:45 PM
    Update. After a day of use with the new Sim card. Text messages are still delayed and phone calls are being dropped constantly. Im going to see if I can swap it
    06-13-17 10:34 PM