It seems that the KEYone is beginning to be outdated and some apps starting to interrupt their installation on the phone...

My Netflix app is no more shown on the installed apps and when I try to force the update see the result. For who do not read French, it says that the phone model is not compatible with this app anymore.
    Attached Thumbnails Netflix not compatible with KEYone?-21577.jpg  
    12-30-19 03:09 AM
    Which model and carrier? My last update was in February. Netflix does come up for me as available when I search using my CDMA version on Verizon in the US.
    12-30-19 09:24 AM
    hey man, no-IP VPN is on sale today only 25% off and if you connect to a USA or even Canadian streaming server your netflix will work... they are punting your phone !!
    Attached Thumbnails Netflix not compatible with KEYone?-2020-newyear.jpg  
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 12-30-19 at 10:55 AM.
    12-30-19 09:42 AM
    Kinda strange Netflix now wouldn't be supported on Oreo. Maybe a misstep on their part or only a BlackBerry Android thing ?
    12-30-19 11:32 AM
    Kinda strange Netflix now wouldn't be supported on Oreo. Maybe a misstep on their part or only a BlackBerry Android thing ?
    Maybe BlackBerry Android is geared towards productivity purposes and doesn't play kindly with entertainment apps such as Netflix??

Jokes aside, whenever a particular app misbehaves and force stopping/clearing cache and data doesn't work, you can always try to install a previous version of the app
    Elky64 likes this.
    12-30-19 11:45 AM
    My Samsung Tablet is only Oreo, and it's working fine. I suspect it's an issue with his phone or settings.
    12-30-19 12:22 PM
    Maybe BlackBerry Android is geared towards productivity purposes and doesn't play kindly with entertainment apps such as Netflix??

Jokes aside, whenever a particular app misbehaves and force stopping/clearing cache and data doesn't work, you can always try to install a previous version of the app
    LOL...

Yup those are definite options one needs to try in getting a clear sense as to what's going on.
    12-30-19 12:40 PM
    My Samsung Tablet is only Oreo, and it's working fine. I suspect it's an issue with his phone or settings.
    Yeah that's my thinking. Over a decade of using Android and I've never run into such even on much older devices/OSs. Doesn't mean app developers aren't changing their tune though if what they are bringing to the table can't be supported using an older OS, many prefer supporting one app opposed to multiple... Don't really think that's a thing w/Android anyway, having multiples of same app for legacy support.
    12-30-19 12:47 PM
    I have had at least 2 updates in the past few days, and the phone says another on is awaiting to download. so someone is still sending them out, maybe just not for Netflix?
    12-30-19 01:16 PM
    It seems that the KEYone is beginning to be outdated and some apps starting to interrupt their installation on the phone...

My Netflix app is no more shown on the installed apps and when I try to force the update see the result. For who do not read French, it says that the phone model is not compatible with this app anymore.
    It's a screen ratio issue. This problem pops up with Netflix from time to time. The next update from them will likely solve the issue.
    12-30-19 03:01 PM
    Will give you an update in a couple of hours (32)
    I will be back to Paris then from Asia.
    12-30-19 03:02 PM
    It's a screen ratio issue. This problem pops up with Netflix from time to time. The next update from them will likely solve the issue.
    Thanks Conite for your help
    12-30-19 03:03 PM
    Likely someone at Netflix uploaded a new version and didn't check (or unchecked) some of the available resolutions, which then blocks the app on phones with those resolutions. As conite said, likely they'll get complaints and they'll fix it soon. Certainly Oreo isn't an issue for Netflix.
    John Albert likes this.
    12-31-19 01:45 AM
    My '14 Samsung Tab Pro 10.1 is on Kit Kat 4.4.2 and Netflix works just like it does on my BE BlackBerry KeyOne Oreo 8.1 and my S9 on Pie. Something is incorrect in settings....
    12-31-19 03:09 AM

Just seen this. I had the same problem. Open play store, settings, scroll to the end, check play protect certification. If it says certified then phone Netflix, if it says not certified then that's where I found myself. I had no option but to reload the o/s.
    12-31-19 07:40 AM
    Netflix is working fine on my keyone.
    01-01-20 01:31 PM
    Working fine here. AT&T locked KEYone in the US.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    01-01-20 02:47 PM
    Working fine here. AT&T locked KEYone in the US.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    It's not a matter of it working. It's a matter of getting an update from Play Store or loading it for the first time.
    01-01-20 03:42 PM
    It's not a matter of it working. It's a matter of getting an update from Play Store or loading it for the first time.
    It was just updated 22 hours ago. No issues with the update either.
    01-01-20 05:16 PM
    It was just updated 22 hours ago. No issues with the update either.
    That's right. The current version (in my case, beta) behaves just fine.
    01-01-20 05:18 PM
    mine works fine
    01-02-20 02:22 AM

Hey OP, whatever happened?
    01-02-20 05:05 PM
    Same here. Hadn't used it in a while but I just tried and played a movie without issue.
    01-03-20 05:24 AM