My k1 arrived today but im nervous to start the switch. Im leaving town tomorrow and dont want to be without complete use of my passport. Should i wait till sunday when i return or take the plunge?
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    06-01-17 06:54 PM
    Set up the key one and then if you need your passport you'll have it on Wi-Fi using the key one signal
    06-01-17 06:57 PM
    I just made the switch from my Passport. I have just been carrying both around all day
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    06-01-17 07:02 PM
    My k1 arrived today but im nervous to start the switch. Im leaving town tomorrow and dont want to be without complete use of my passport. Should i wait till sunday when i return or take the plunge?
    Stick to your Passport. Getting familiar with Android will take some time which you can do starting Sunday!
    06-01-17 07:03 PM
    I just made the switch from my Passport. I have just been carrying both around all day
    I think that's what I would end up doing and dont want to be on the road with a pocket full of BBs!
    06-01-17 07:13 PM
    I think that's what I would end up doing and dont want to be on the road with a pocket full of BBs!
    Well, I'm still waiting for my unlock code so I can't really use the keyone for phone calls. The passport is kinda required. It stays in my bag and my pebble tells me when I have a text or a call. Thankfully BBM is on the Keyone!
    06-01-17 07:15 PM
    If you are using password keeper, make sure to manually transfer the data. I lost everything when upgrading from passport to priv..
    06-01-17 07:17 PM
    Clutch those pearls. Own it.
    06-01-17 07:17 PM
    If you are using password keeper, make sure to manually transfer the data. I lost everything when upgrading from passport to priv..
    This whole deal really shows just how dependant I am on my PP. I'm stressing over making the transfer. Got the awesome new phone and it's just sitting here.
    06-01-17 07:20 PM
    It *does* take some adjustment, if you are unfamiliar with Android. But at the same time, if it were me, I'd have a hard time shelving my newest bit of tech for 3 days.
    06-01-17 11:07 PM
    OP - WAIT! I truly can't stress this enough. I spent 4+ hrs on mine with the assistance of someone else via bbm and the settings are still jacked up. Some of the features just aren't there either. I mean why the eff would you not want a sound, vibrate or LED on text messages?? All the options are in weird spots. I happened upon a couple of them by accident.
    06-02-17 02:40 AM
    Hook it up to wifi and play with it at least.

Fellow passport user here. Hopefully this video will help you make the switch.
    06-02-17 04:10 AM
    Some of the features just aren't there either. I mean why the eff would you not want a sound, vibrate or LED on text messages??
    Are you saying that there's no option for sound, vibrate, or LED notifications on incoming text messages?

You're completely wrong.
    06-02-17 06:21 AM
    Guys got my new KONE yesterday from Rogers, is an amazing piece but I juts couldn't do the switch to Android and a morrow screen I don't see how can I ever replace my PP . Since the Kone is already purchased and is just too beautiful to send it back i ended up giving it to my son and he's rocking this beast. Good luck with the switch to you all.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-17 06:37 AM
    It's a little intimidating going from BB10 to android. (I went from Z30 to Dtek50, not as fancy, but same thing).
    So I had my Dtek50 on my desk on Wifi and kept using the Z30 till I felt comfortable. No rush. I'm still finding new stuff on the Dtek50, but they have switched places, and the Dtek50 is my daily driver. Now, if I get a Keyone, I can jump right in!!
    You can take both on your trip and just play with the Keyone.

BB 9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>
    Classic>Dtek50>??
    06-02-17 07:06 AM
    Stick to your Passport. Getting familiar with Android will take some time which you can do starting Sunday!
    Good call, I was using passport and galaxy 7 when I got my keyone so android was familiar to me.

If you know android, leave the passport at home. If not, take the passport with you.
    06-02-17 07:33 AM
    Made the switch during a flight. Switched the Sim card on the plane and haven't looked back since. Sms restore was the one thing I needed most.

This thing is all that it's cracked up to be. I recommend creating the short cuts while you use your phone through the first day or two to see what makes sense. For me, N for new York times, S for sports, M for Facebook messenger, E for email, etc. And you can delete what the phone presets. Realize I use Google keep the most so that gets the convenience key. This phone is a one touch customization dream.

Switch and go. (And maybe throw your old phone in the bag just in case)
    06-02-17 08:08 AM
    I remember the first time I switched from single vision eyeglasses to progressive lenses for old eyes. My brain couldn't make the switch. I took 'em back.

A year later I decided to try again, because getting old is a ***** and I really wanted to be able to have multifocal lenses. I got the progressives and again had the same trouble adapting, but I stuck to it. Quite literally 24 hours later my brain switched and figured it all out and that was that.

I suspect if you give it time and attention, you will be able to make the jump. I also suspect that you will see the absolute need to switch down the road, you will see your son happily using it, and you will revisit the issue. Stick with it when that happens. You'll be fine.
    miketedeschi and mbirth like this.
    06-02-17 08:29 AM
    I recommend to make the switch at ease when you will be back at home.
    Passport and KEYone run two different OS and you need some days to adapt.
    06-02-17 03:01 PM
    I remember the first time I switched from single vision eyeglasses to progressive lenses for old eyes. My brain couldn't make the switch. I took 'em back.

A year later I decided to try again, because getting old is a ***** and I really wanted to be able to have multifocal lenses. I got the progressives and again had the same trouble adapting, but I stuck to it. Quite literally 24 hours later my brain switched and figured it all out and that was that.

I suspect if you give it time and attention, you will be able to make the jump. I also suspect that you will see the absolute need to switch down the road, you will see your son happily using it, and you will revisit the issue. Stick with it when that happens. You'll be fine.
    Good analogy!!
    06-02-17 09:23 PM