Not sure about that. I don't think the general public care about PKB or extra security. You take that away and what do you have?
    I've been carrying the PRIV and almost everyone I show my PKB to states they miss their BlackBerry keyboard. With the amount of messaging kids do these days if it were to break into their scene AND and re-capture legacy users it could have a chance.

Fingers crossed it's priced right, they do some decent marketing and carrier training before release.
    01-14-17 10:17 AM
    If your first phone was a VKB you are very unlikely to make the switch. My first phone was a PKB and now I know that now I would really have a hard time switching back. I find the BlackBerry keyboard so good.

Kids using the two thumbs method can type incredibly fast on their phones.
    01-14-17 10:30 AM
    It is written that Members who have less than 100 posts aren't experienced enough with the workings of Crackberry and will not be held accountable for coping.
    (It's right there in The Book of Rules)
    You're just not spending enough time here. You'll catch on.
    And, you'll find most of us agree about not posting in every forum especially when you can start a new thread about the same thing but with a different twist.
    But, "tone down?" It's not my place to assume to TELL anyone anything, I can only offer suggestions.
    With years of experience here at CB, I can say with confidence, if you go into a thread and "ask" people to tone it down, it just won't work to your advantage.
    You have to SPEAK WITH CONVICTION !! Let 'em know you MEAN IT!!

Disclaimer:
    The above is "in my opinion," The way you choose to express yourself, you do at your own risk, blah,blah,blah and so on and so forth.
    ( and you know I'm just kidding with you!).
    No problem, your opinion is accepted. I will try to ignore as much toxicity as possible without posting about it :v
    01-15-17 09:08 PM
    While the whole tech world is excited about the Mercury, the negativity here on CB is enormous.

......WTF????
    True,

People always are like well it's 625 chipset , the screen is small , no tool belt , hope the keyboard is like this and that why isn't the logo on the front , I wanted an all black design etc etc etc.

Point is atleast we getting something, I know our bb10 os died and I have accepted that and my priv has made me love android honestly ,

All in all please don't shoot down the phone , use it first then slate it. It looks a beautiful effort and if this is successful we might start to see a series of pkb devices every say 2 years from tcl which will be awesome!

Let's get behind the brand and support it. Nobody else is willing to make us a pkb device.
    xs27 likes this.
    01-16-17 01:20 AM
    <snip> I don't think the general public care about PKB or extra security. You take that away and what do you have?
    A phone....
    01-16-17 01:55 PM
    Not sure about that. I don't think the general public care about PKB or extra security. You take that away and what do you have?
    That is not the issue. You take it out of context. Reviewers are positive about the Mercury. And they represent the general public more than BlackBerry die hard fans.
    01-16-17 03:40 PM
    Hello Everyone,

Wow! You all sit down in your houses/offices/wherever; debating, arguing, discussing so passionately about BlackBerry like you have a part ownership...! Even with all your disappointments you're still here! SO MUCH LOVE!!! You all REALLY love BlackBerry. Yeah! Same here too. I decided to peek in here to "find out" about Mercury...

I love BlackBerry especially for the pkb and don't want to change AT ALL! I've migrated from 9700, to 9900 (even when it took 15 mins to boot cos of MANY apps), to Q10... Now I have a 9930 & a Q10. I've been scouting for an alternative since whatsapp is leaving us in 6months time... And then Mercury with pkb? Wow! So thoughtful of BlackBerry! And to read here that more pkb phones are inbound??? I'm sooooo relieved!!! Hey, BlackBerry, I'm staying with you!!! I'll replace my current pair with a priv or mercury and a passport (cos it's faster than a Q10) by the time whatsapp leave BlackBerry 10. It's BlackBerry or BlackBerry all the way

I wish the batteries were all removable like the Q10 though...

Posted via CB10
    xs27 likes this.
    01-16-17 05:03 PM
    Some people here would rather see 10.3.4 than any new Android from BlackBerry / TCL.

I'm not one of them.
    But I'm one of them, and know quite a few more who would rather stick with there two year old Classic and or Q10 with a updated 10.3.4 than going down the DroidCracker route.

Posted via - OS-10.3.++ device, it's all you need
    01-18-17 03:26 PM
    Man I wish I was billonaire to support bb10 lol. I tip my hat to BlackBerry 10 developers who gave us awesome BlackBerry os10.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-17 06:30 PM
    Sorry, that was a little vague.... "They" would be Blackberry.
    01-20-17 12:29 AM
85 ... 234