First at all sorry for my english; I wanna say thank you all for your great support! Having more and more limitations with my mighty Passport (apps related limitations) finally took the plunge and bought th Keyone (Silver version) last weekend. I´m still using my Passport as daily phone and I´m in the process of know the K1. Everything was fine, installed my essentials apps, my K1 mfg date is late July but when I inserted the SIM today problems begun.
    1) Signal fading is a fact..I need more tests in real life but seems to be a serious problem. Never before had a single problem with any previous phone inside my apartment, right in downtown; two conversations were interrupted as the other part were unable to hear me.
    2) When I made a couple of calls and when I received a call, wifi connection drops! After a couple of minutes, having ended the conversation, wifi connection started again. I don´t know why, Is this common or I need to set something to avoid this?
    3) Not related to previous issues, I was unable to try a sd card yet but woul like to know if the problem with unmounted cards is real?

I'm still in a 10 day period in which I can exchange the K1 for other phone, I really don´t want to do so (mainly because of the PKB) but I really would like to hear your comments...I want to keep the K1 strongly! (despite android
    Thanks again for your deinterested helping hand!!
    11-07-17 06:04 PM
    Get a pixel 2 or iPhone X. KeyOne is cheaply made and won't last. Or wait for TCL/BB Mobile to make the perfect phone the size of the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-17 06:22 PM
    Get a pixel 2 or iPhone X. KeyOne is cheaply made and won't last. Or wait for TCL/BB Mobile to make the perfect phone the size of the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your comment... in any case, I would exchange for a mid range slab and wait for another pkb device. The K1 itself does not feel like cheap and I like it but I´m afraid of keep it if it is not reliable with phone calls or have lost files (because of the sd issue)..I mainly use the phone for work, not interested in great cameras, games etc, just a lot of emails, web surfing and phone calls all day long. Don´t want to spend such money for a Iphone X or Pixel 2, I need a work tool (like my Passport was until now).
    I will appreciate the opinion of users with certain time using the K1 in real world just to tell me if my concerns are justified or just I need to go ahead and keep the K1
    11-07-17 07:01 PM
    Thanks for your comment... in any case, I would exchange for a mid range slab and wait for another pkb device. The K1 itself does not feel like cheap and I like it but I´m afraid of keep it if it is not reliable with phone calls or have lost files (because of the sd issue)..I mainly use the phone for work, not interested in great cameras, games etc, just a lot of emails, web surfing and phone calls all day long. Don´t want to spend such money for a Iphone X or Pixel 2, I need a work tool (like my Passport was until now).
    I will appreciate the opinion of users with certain time using the K1 in real world just to tell me if my concerns are justified or just I need to go ahead and keep the K1
    If your going to wait for PKB.. Keep it I have had no issues with mine. And people who are trolling comments or questions like yours such mind their own considering there hasn't been much good said about Pixel 2 as it is... and it's only cheaply made to people who don't understand the market it was meant. Comments like that say to me he wasted money on that premium PRIV and was very disappointed. Love it would get another in a second enjoy it
    11-07-17 07:58 PM
    I have not had any issues with the SD card dismounting at all. My KEYone has been great. I did notice a difference in phone reception in the beginning but not as much now. The dropped calls I had were when I was connected to wi-fi. I set my K1 to use the cell network first then wi-fi only as needed. It's been reliable since. I had a Passport and Priv before and they did not have any issues with reception when on wi-fi that I can remember
    11-07-17 08:08 PM
    First at all sorry for my english; I wanna say thank you all for your great support! Having more and more limitations with my mighty Passport (apps related limitations) finally took the plunge and bought th Keyone (Silver version) last weekend. I´m still using my Passport as daily phone and I´m in the process of know the K1. Everything was fine, installed my essentials apps, my K1 mfg date is late July but when I inserted the SIM today problems begun.
    1) Signal fading is a fact..I need more tests in real life but seems to be a serious problem. Never before had a single problem with any previous phone inside my apartment, right in downtown; two conversations were interrupted as the other part were unable to hear me.
    2) When I made a couple of calls and when I received a call, wifi connection drops! After a couple of minutes, having ended the conversation, wifi connection started again. I don´t know why, Is this common or I need to set something to avoid this?
    3) Not related to previous issues, I was unable to try a sd card yet but woul like to know if the problem with unmounted cards is real?

I'm still in a 10 day period in which I can exchange the K1 for other phone, I really don´t want to do so (mainly because of the PKB) but I really would like to hear your comments...I want to keep the K1 strongly! (despite android
    Thanks again for your deinterested helping hand!!
    Try replacing your sim card. Don't use the same one you were using with your Passport. Also, check with your carrier to ensure your mobile network settings are configured properly. Once you have done this you should be able to rule out whether there is a "signal" issue or not.

I have encountered no SD card issues so far. If you are going to use one, make sure it is a newer brand name one and not a cheap knock-off. Also avoid encrypting (ie formatting to system memory) if you can because that also tends to lead to stability issues.
    11-07-17 08:36 PM
    Your English is fine. I would return it if reception is poor where you know you've had good reception in the past with out phones. Where do you live? Others have also reported issues with reception. You could try another KeyOne.

Also, some report that if you hold the phone along the bottom it can affect the antenna.

Good luck
    11-07-17 08:41 PM
    Thank you all guys for your time! You are providing me the info that I need!
    I will keep testing the K1 but with the hope to keep it, its really a beauty and hate to exchange it and get a boring slate
    As a CPA I need security and productivity at maximum and the Passport fulfiled that with ease..will see about the K1
    About the wifi dropping after phone calls..any setting that I would have to check?...
    As for the sd card..I will buy a new one, no more than 16gb. Should I format in the phone or just use it as it comes?
    Finally, just curious, why should I get a new sim card and discard the one Im using in my Passport?
    Im in Argentina (South America), but here in Buenos Aires (Capital city) its pretty easy to get solid coverage...when you go outskirts things are different and that will be a challenge if reception is unstable
    11-07-17 09:56 PM
    Actually the k1 may have seen some changes with respect to reception in the latest update (security patch) . My reception seems far better since the Oct security patch.

What security patch are you running?
    11-07-17 10:01 PM
    Actually the k1 may have seen some changes with respect to reception in the latest update (security patch) . My reception seems far better since the Oct security patch.

What security patch are you running?
    October..Interesting, let´s see
    11-08-17 07:01 AM
    Thank you all guys for your time! You are providing me the info that I need!
    I will keep testing the K1 but with the hope to keep it, its really a beauty and hate to exchange it and get a boring slate
    As a CPA I need security and productivity at maximum and the Passport fulfiled that with ease..will see about the K1
    About the wifi dropping after phone calls..any setting that I would have to check?...
    As for the sd card..I will buy a new one, no more than 16gb. Should I format in the phone or just use it as it comes?
    Finally, just curious, why should I get a new sim card and discard the one Im using in my Passport?
    Im in Argentina (South America), but here in Buenos Aires (Capital city) its pretty easy to get solid coverage...when you go outskirts things are different and that will be a challenge if reception is unstable
    Not sure about your carrier but with mine they actually tell us to make sure we have an LTE (latest generation) simcard. I guess the older ones don't necessarily fully enable LTE. That can have an impact because LTE signals are usable at much lower signal levels; so you really want to make sure you are optimized for LTE reception. Also, the K1 supports VoLTE and depending on whether or not your carrier supports it, you can enjoy much better quality calls (and presumably at lower signal levels), all while continuing to enjoy an LTE data connection while you are on a voice call.
    11-08-17 05:16 PM
    Not sure about your carrier but with mine they actually tell us to make sure we have an LTE (latest generation) simcard. I guess the older ones don't necessarily fully enable LTE. That can have an impact because LTE signals are usable at much lower signal levels; so you really want to make sure you are optimized for LTE reception. Also, the K1 supports VoLTE and depending on whether or not your carrier supports it, you can enjoy much better quality calls (and presumably at lower signal levels), all while continuing to enjoy an LTE data connection while you are on a voice call.
    That´s enough to get a new SIM from my carrier..thank you!
    11-09-17 08:49 AM
    Update: after last patch and and reboot the signal is now flawless! Not a single problem, even in some cases it gets more solid signal than my Mighty Passport! I keep the Keyone !
    tnewton3 likes this.
    11-10-17 05:14 PM
    Update: after last patch and and reboot the signal is now flawless! Not a single problem, even in some cases it gets more solid signal than my Mighty Passport! I keep the Keyone !
    Yay!! Yeah, my KEYone is the best phone I've ever used. Never going to a slab ever again if I can help it.. I have a spare Galaxy S8 as a back up and never once considered making it my primary. KEYone is much better phone for me
    11-10-17 07:25 PM
    That's great! I love the KEYone now as much as I did my Passport
    11-10-17 09:52 PM
    Yes! I still keep my Passport as backup phone and is my night table tablet..what a wonderful device too! Never tought in sell it!
    11-11-17 12:40 PM
    Good to hear, I love the PKB so much on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ that I would have put up with some reception issues in hopes a patch solved it. Again, glad to hear you are keeping the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Show it off as much as you can!
    Globalagogo likes this.
    11-11-17 01:41 PM