So here's the thing about that. I was using Cobalts app BlackBerry manager to get them all for free originally. This was before the option to purchase them existed. Now that you can pay 99¢ per month and get them all legitimately, I go the official route. I want to support BlackBerry with that subscription so they see the numbers of people using the hub suite. If no one uses these apps, then why would BlackBerry continue to support them?

So yeah I pay the 99¢ per month, and in my opinion it is totally worthy it. (Still can't buy the keyboard though. And for me it's a MUST).

Flicked via the BlackBerry keyboard on my Pixel
    I am thinking about going this route too (still frustrated that no release of Motion mentioned). If I sideload the BlackBerry vkb, will it integrate with BlackBerry Password Keeper (the same way it does on my Priv)?
    10-17-17 11:44 AM
    I use my headphone jack at least one a week, both for my cellar stereo and my repair shop stereo. And what's so bad about a MicroSD? it's comparable to USB 2 speed and makes it easier to have more storage. I'd rather have expanded storage and the ability to use whatever headphones I want vs waterproofing. When did convenient become a dirty word?!
    10-17-17 05:48 PM
    It won't come out officially in the US, and honestly, they are VERY different phones.

I honestly can't recommend either one. The keyone is hot garbage and the Pixel 2 might as well not exist since it's missing basic features.
    Keyone is boss, I have mine for about 2months, absolutely no issues! Then again if you will run garbage on the devices, don't expect it to perform like how you would want it to
    10-18-17 06:38 AM
    Keyone - you won't go wrong or if you prefer full touch, wait for the BlackBerry motion
    10-18-17 06:46 AM
    KeyOne if you love PKB, no question. I'm about 2 months into mine and had no major problems. Only a few minor issues and gripes, mostly to do with Android, but after getting the right apps and after the latest patch, no core software problems at all... Only a spot of lag occasionally breaks up the efficiency.

If you highly value PKB and that signature BlackBerry efficiency, K1 is a go.
    10-18-17 09:46 AM
    The KEYone is way faster and more stable than the PRIV. They are both a work of art when it comes to hardware design and feel, but when comes to capabilities the KEYone is superior to the PRIV in almost every sense, except, of course, the gorgeous Amoled display on the PRIV. The capabilities of the KEYone (or PRIV) are very unique, like no other phone, the QWERTY keyboard adds a lot of productivity features. The Pixel may be a great phone, but a slab after all, it's got a couple of very cool features, but the lack of a headphone jack to me is a terrible decision from Google/HTC. For me it's a deal breaker since I don't have a tv and have to re route audio to display on computer monitor or projector. Depending on the adapter many times the only option is plugging an audio cable. Also I am not a fan of bluetooth or non standard headphones.
    10-18-17 12:16 PM
    Love my BlackBerry KEYone. Came over to it after owning the Priv for 16 months and it's been a worthy upgrade:

- better keyboard
    - keyboard shortcuts always available
    - MUCH better battery
    - smoother UI (doesn't throttle like Priv)
    - MUCH better camera
    - solidly built and distinctive
    - Android Nougat with Oreo on the way
    - same BlackBerry security and apps

Go for it! Screen lift issue is resolved if your KEYone was built after July.
    10-18-17 02:31 PM
    Pixel2 has no headphone jack, and KEYone has waaaay better software so it'll be generally faster than your Priv. If you like touchscreens sure, I'd go with the Pixel2 (if you don't want a 3.5 jack), OnePlus 5, or maybe the new Motion.
    10-19-17 11:50 AM
    Thanks for all the replies. Like I said before I really was only interested in the KeyOne if the updated black edition was going to come to the US (which it looks like it probably won't based on what a few of you said). I also decided I'm probably not going to go for the Pixel 2 due to the unreasonably high price and lack of interesting hardware.

Unless BlackBerry comes out with an updated device with a physical keyboard, I think I'm going to get the new HTC U plus and load it with BlackBerry apps, assuming it comes to the US.
    11-05-17 10:29 AM
    It won't come out officially in the US, and honestly, they are VERY different phones.

I honestly can't recommend either one. The keyone is hot garbage and the Pixel 2 might as well not exist since it's missing basic features.
    Hot garbage?? Sure thing buddy.
    11-05-17 04:34 PM
    There are really only 2 specs on the KeyONE that matter; Keyboard and Battery Life.
    11-05-17 11:38 PM
    Also Pixel 2 has issues with screen burn in. Normal for AMOLED but normally doesn't occur so soon.
    11-06-17 05:11 AM
    If I was going to buy a phone today it would be the iphone x

Purpose built os , great hardware. The pkb isn't absolutely necessary for me
    11-06-17 07:22 AM
    Hot garbage?? Sure thing buddy.
    I blame Alicia keys
    FF22 and ppeters914 like this.
    11-06-17 07:23 AM
    I blame Alicia keys
    They will never live that down! But she was a physical key! (g)
    11-06-17 08:59 AM
    Priv to Generic Android
    I recently switched from a Priv (2 years old) to an LG G6. I installed all the BlackBerry software that I could including the keyboard. Here are my thoughts:

Camera. The G6 cameras are amazing but kind of clunky to use. I miss hitting the space bar for the shutter. The PRIV shots were just as good in well lit scenes (very sharp glass). The wide angle on the G6 is very good and everyone loves those shots.

Handling. The G6 is a glass backed phone like most of the latest high spec phones. This means that you can’t run it without a case. So the slim phone is no longer slim. The PRIV is way better in this regard with its glass weave back cover. I never worry about using the PRIV without a case.
    I dislike phone cases as they don't feel nice, add weight and bulk, and interfere with the keyboard near the edges.

Battery. The G6 is a bit better in the battery department compared to the PRIV (I replaced the battery ) but I think a KEYone would be a game changer though.
    I think annual device refreshing is required for an Android phone to keep battery life reasonable.

Keyboard. No comparison here. The PRIV wins this easily. Even with the excellent BlackBerry keyboard the LG is not even close. Plus I really miss the trackpad function of the PRIV physical kb.

Speed. LG is quicker but the PRIV is adequate (and pretty snappy compared to BB10 phones).
    Mute Button. I really miss the middle volume Mute button that the PRIV has. I do a lot of conference calls.

Summary.
    The BlackBerry software packages dramatically improve the functionality of an android phone but I still miss the rest of the hardware features that only a BlackBerry phone has. You might be happy with the HTC combined with the BlackBerry tweaks but I find (with the G6 at least ) it’s still lacking. I might give the Keyone a try. Too bad they will probably never offer a PRIV with an updated CPU (625 class with 4 GB ram). I would buy that right away.
    ARQ-Keighley likes this.
    11-06-17 09:17 AM
    coming from the priv, I was stunned how much better the Keyone has been as a phone. I Lost a screen on one and now have the silver as well as the 4gb ram black international edition. what's surprising is that I don't have any better speed/performance in the 4gb black v the 3gb silver. something to consider.
    11-08-17 03:07 PM
    The keyone is under powered. Runs slow, the screen issues, signal issues, bad capacitive buttons, the list goes on.

Just cheap quality and bad QC.

The Pixel 2 on the other hand is a flagship, but no headphone jack and no micro SD card slot make it essentially a useless brick.

I think they're both terrible, I'd recommend the V30, S8/note 8... And that's really it.

Maybe a Huawei device?
    I have had the silver KEYone since June. None of those issues. I love my phone. Have used it for work and fun... NO PROBLEMS.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-08-17 05:20 PM
    Pretty sure that it will.
    01-13-18 04:32 PM
    lots of noise about Sam9 & advice to wait for it...
    01-13-18 04:48 PM
    KEYone!!!! I was also using the PRIV since day one and am kicking myself for using the PRIV for so long.
    01-13-18 09:09 PM
    I just placed my order with blueshop! quite excited and I used my American express Platinum so I get the extended warranty. I say just do it and don't look back. but that being said if the keyone dies on me I will be heart broken and will consider a change.
    It won't.
    01-14-18 12:29 AM
    lots of noise about Sam9 & advice to wait for it...
    Hopefully the PKB case (if they make one) will look nicer for the S9 than it did for the S8, S7 and S6
    01-14-18 02:54 AM
    I have pixel 2 and keyone... both are fine device especially coming from a priv. Had the note 8 as well. The pixel camera is unbelievable.. Depend on your needs. I would not get a non kb device then add to make it kb... I.e. S8 and attachment. It would suck. Had the v20... can't stand LG or Samsung software prior to note 8. They did make it more bearable. Can't speak for v30 but if it is same software as v20. Then go with pixel2 storage is not really an issue if you are concern with camera and pics... pretty much unlimited since pixel comes with unlimited storage. Note 8 is fine as well and so is a keyone. No issues here with screen lift either on any I've had( 6 different ones.) But I did deliberately make them screen lift so I can get them replaced so I don't have to deal with it later. Find a lamp, place keyone over it close to bulb and come back after about 20 min and screen will lift if you try. Not rocket science. Like leaving phone in car on a hot day. Make sure phone is off so it is not running.
    01-14-18 03:24 AM
    Forgot to add, if it is a newer keyone with the fixed screens. Putting it over lamps won't do anything to the screen. They have over compensated and now it is almost impossible to even replaced screen without breaking it. I've tested it on the one I am using now.
    01-14-18 03:27 AM
50 12