I've been using my Priv since launch, and while it's held up very well considering how badly I have treated it, I can tell that it probably isn't going to last much longer.

I've only really been considering two devices to replace it, either a KeyOne or the Pixel XL 2.

Seeing as the original KeyOne has (for the most part) either the same or worse hardware compared to my Priv, I'm really only intersted in the Black edition with 4 gigs of ram and more storage. The only issue is, as far as I know it's not yet available in the US.

Are there any rumors that suggest it will ever make it here officially? Or do you guys think I'm better off just getting the pixel? I already know the pros and cons of each device and while I love them both I think I would definitely prefer the KeyOne. It really just comes down to if it will be available anytime soon.

Thanks for their help!
    Deckerp2 likes this.
    10-15-17 02:08 PM
    It won't come out officially in the US, and honestly, they are VERY different phones.

I honestly can't recommend either one. The keyone is hot garbage and the Pixel 2 might as well not exist since it's missing basic features.
    rbtg likes this.
    10-15-17 02:18 PM
    It won't come out officially in the US, and honestly, they are VERY different phones.

I honestly can't recommend either one. The keyone is hot garbage and the Pixel 2 might as well not exist since it's missing basic features.
    I've only heard good things about both (minus no headphone jack on the pixel and that screen lifting issue with the KeyOne which I thought was resolved a while ago).

What issues are you referring to?
    10-15-17 03:33 PM
    I've only heard good things about both (minus no headphone jack on the pixel and that screen lifting issue with the KeyOne which I thought was resolved a while ago).

What issues are you referring to?
    The keyone is under powered. Runs slow, the screen issues, signal issues, bad capacitive buttons, the list goes on.

Just cheap quality and bad QC.

The Pixel 2 on the other hand is a flagship, but no headphone jack and no micro SD card slot make it essentially a useless brick.

I think they're both terrible, I'd recommend the V30, S8/note 8... And that's really it.

Maybe a Huawei device?
    rbtg likes this.
    10-15-17 05:30 PM
    I've been using my Priv since launch, and while it's held up very well considering how badly I have treated it, I can tell that it probably isn't going to last much longer.

I've only really been considering two devices to replace it, either a KeyOne or the Pixel XL 2.

Seeing as the original KeyOne has (for the most part) either the same or worse hardware compared to my Priv, I'm really only intersted in the Black edition with 4 gigs of ram and more storage. The only issue is, as far as I know it's not yet available in the US.

Are there any rumors that suggest it will ever make it here officially? Or do you guys think I'm better off just getting the pixel? I already know the pros and cons of each device and while I love them both I think I would definitely prefer the KeyOne. It really just comes down to if it will be available anytime soon.

Thanks for their help!
    Two completely different devices.
    10-15-17 08:06 PM
    really depends how you use your phone.. I have the reg keyone and so far no issues at all.
    10-15-17 08:24 PM
    I just placed my order with blueshop! quite excited and I used my American express Platinum so I get the extended warranty. I say just do it and don't look back. but that being said if the keyone dies on me I will be heart broken and will consider a change.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    10-15-17 08:25 PM
    The keyone is under powered. Runs slow, the screen issues, signal issues, bad capacitive buttons, the list goes on.

The Pixel 2 on the other hand is a flagship, but no headphone jack and no micro SD card slot make it essentially a useless brick.

I think they're both terrible, I'd recommend the V30, S8/note 8... And that's really it.

Maybe a Huawei device?
    No issues here. Mime is snappy, doesn't run slow, no screen issues, no signal issues. Quality is fantastic - made to last that's for dam sure. Phone works fantastic!
    Qorax likes this.
    10-15-17 08:51 PM
    I had a Priv that I loved, up until it took a bath in sunscreen (had it in a pocket next to the pocket with the sunscreen when the sunscreen literally exploded). I upgraded to the Keyone, and certainly have not seen any speed issues - even though it is a 6xx Snapdragon instead of an 8xx Snapdragon, the newer processor is better in every way I have seen - everything is snappy, the battery lasts way longer, even file transfers are significantly quicker.

I did have an issue where the Keyone stopped powering up, and while customer service was slow to get a shipping label to send it in, everything else went quick and I have my working KeyOne back.

Even with the headache of sending it in, I'd still recommend it.
    10-15-17 09:45 PM
    Maybe a Huawei device?
    Yup----P10
    10-15-17 09:50 PM

I can't agree with the statement about the keyone. I've had a positive experience with it. Owned it since August 2017. Had the Priv for a year prior to the Keyone and I would like to say it has been considerably better. To each his own.

I think the quoted guy is looking for some amazing hardware software combo which at that point you might as well build one yourself and program it yourself to see how difficult it is to get everything "right" to your standards...
    Qorax likes this.
    10-15-17 09:58 PM
    "The Pixel is a brick because it doesn't have expandable memory and doesn't have a headphone jack" oh please are you hearing yourself?
    10-15-17 10:06 PM
    OP, if you're only posting this question here, then you are probably leaning more towards a KEYᵒⁿᵉ and you're looking for comments to justify your hidden desire 😉
    I have been a BB user for almost a decade now, and currently use only 1 phone, a KEYᵒⁿᵉ, and while it is not perfect, it's definitely great... for my mobile phone needs.
    But in my unbiased opinion/suggestion, if you don't need a pkb, I suggest not getting a BlackBerry at all.
    Qorax likes this.
    10-15-17 10:06 PM

Thanks for their help!
    I just went from the Priv to the original Pixel and I'm pleased. Just had to load the BlackBerry virtual keyboard on it and the hub suite and I'm good to go. It flies compared to the Priv. Also HAS the headphone jack unlike the new Pixels. Plus the price on this model is going down with the release of the new Pixel 2 phones.

I know many will disagree with me but I'm pleased. Just depends on what you want out of a phone.

Flicked via the BlackBerry keyboard on my Pixel
    Qorax likes this.
    10-15-17 10:28 PM
    My keyone screen seems solid as does the rest of the phone. It ain't perfect, but overall I would recommend it.

Q5SQR100-1/10.3.2.2639

Posted via CB10
    10-15-17 10:33 PM
    I just went from the Priv to the original Pixel and I'm pleased. Just had to load the BlackBerry virtual keyboard on it and the hub suite and I'm good to go. It flies compared to the Priv. Also HAS the headphone jack unlike the new Pixels. Plus the price on this model is going down with the release of the new Pixel 2 phones.

I know many will disagree with me but I'm pleased. Just depends on what you want out of a phone.

May I ask how do you load the BlackBerry virtual keyboard? I would love to get the KeyOne but won't consider until it's price drops significantly...
    10-15-17 10:49 PM
    Broad, sweeping statements! My KEYone has looked, felt and ran like a premium device for four months now. I agree about the QC though...
    10-15-17 11:30 PM
    May I ask how do you load the BlackBerry virtual keyboard? I would love to get the KeyOne but won't consider until it's price drops significantly...
    Well, I used the Cobalt solution. But if you want the current version without going that route, I'm hosting it in the link below. Keep in mind, you can't update it beyond this point by downloading it from me. But I have no issues hosting this as you can't actually pay for it now. It's not included in the Hub+ suite as of yet. So I'm not giving away something for free that you can legitimately buy elsewhere.

This is current as of 10/16/2017.

https://app.box.com/s/8ut4yd4ebdg62vgq4uy0c3608u37ymui

FF22 and Qorax like this.
    10-16-17 12:31 AM
    Thanks.
    axllebeer likes this.
    10-16-17 04:37 AM

Maybe a Huawei device?
    I've got the KeyOne for personal use and the Samsung Note8 provided to me by work... the Note8 is a nice phone, but after using both for right around a month - I'm very happy with my KeyOne. I expected the Note8 to blow it out of the water honestly, and while it is very good at multi-tasking, my KeyOne is not so much slower that I want to quit using it as my daily driver. That may not sound like much of an endorsement but considering the KeyOne is supposedly mid-range and the Note8 is high-end with the price tag to match, I think that's pretty darn impressive.

Regarding the KeyOne: I have not had any QC issues at all. Occasionally I get some lag but nothing major. Usually I notice this most after a Hub or service update, and a reboot solves the problem. I have also not had any signal issues or button issues. Also, I wind up typing all of my work email on the KeyOne because I'm just so much faster and more accurate on a physical keyboard (I used only touch screen for 3 years so I gave it a good chance). So I guess experience varies by user...

Edit to add: I'm in the beta program for the Hub suite of apps, so that may also affect my user experience.
    10-16-17 09:50 AM
    Did you have to buy the BB apps or were they free like they are on the KeyOne ?
    10-16-17 10:01 AM
    The KEYᴼᴺᴱ in the grand scheme of things is a great device. If a pkb is necessary, don't need to search anywhere else. I have had mine since 5/31. No screen issues. Just minor complaints. But overall it is a workhorse with long battery life. Highly recommended.
    10-16-17 10:07 AM
    Did you have to buy the BB apps or were they free like they are on the KeyOne ?
    So here's the thing about that. I was using Cobalts app BlackBerry manager to get them all for free originally. This was before the option to purchase them existed. Now that you can pay 99¢ per month and get them all legitimately, I go the official route. I want to support BlackBerry with that subscription so they see the numbers of people using the hub suite. If no one uses these apps, then why would BlackBerry continue to support them?

So yeah I pay the 99¢ per month, and in my opinion it is totally worthy it. (Still can't buy the keyboard though. And for me it's a MUST).

FF22 likes this.
    10-16-17 10:13 AM

Maybe a Huawei device?
    While I personally like the option of both a headphone jack and a SD Card.... I do understand that both are problems.

Headphone jack technology is older than me... and on it's way out. Reducing the number of ports, makes it easier to waterproof.
    SD Card slot is nice, but for real performance and durability... big internal storage is what's key. Using an SD Card for Internal storage can be a problem depending on the quality of the card. In the end the user experience gets blamed on the phone OEM and not the card OEM.
    FF22 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-17-17 07:34 AM

Thanks for their help!
    If you're asking, the Note8 imo is currently the best option out there atm.
    10-17-17 11:41 AM
50 12