Due to a lack of security update for my KeyOne variant, I'm considering switching away from BB phones. Does anyone have any experience with AndroidOne based phones? Are the security updates provided at a sufficiently regular basis?
    11-14-19 09:38 AM
    Due to a lack of security update for my KeyOne variant, I'm considering switching away from BB phones. Does anyone have any experience with AndroidOne based phones? Are the security updates provided at a sufficiently regular basis?
    Android One devices get security updates almost immediately.

Personally, I would go with either a Nokia 7.2 or a Pixel 3a. You'd also be pretty safe with a Samsung A70.

If you really like the physical keyboard, the KEY LE should get another 10 months of updates.
    John Albert likes this.
    11-14-19 09:44 AM
    The Pixel 3a has a bit of an edge IMO, because of the call screening feature.
    11-14-19 10:05 AM
    Hello,

The Nokia 7.2 as mentioned is nice but you should look into the 6.2 as well.

My wife has the Pixel 3a. Very fluid, always up to date. Work very nice and the pictures are simply excellent.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-19 01:43 PM
    I'm already looking into the Nokia 6.2 and maybe a Samsung A50.

I use as main devices the Priv and Key2 but sometimes like now I fire up the Z30 just to remind me how good BB10 was.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-19 01:50 PM
    Any Nokia phone is amazing.
    The Nokia 9 PureView is in sale at BestBuy for $399 now.
    11-14-19 03:09 PM
    After the BBMo debacle with lack of carrier support, why does anyone look at brands that don’t have a strong carrier locked presence? I understand the desire for the factory unlocked when updates pushed out faster and were cheaper. Now that most carriers block certain enhanced calling features and updates are better pushed by certain OEMs regardless of the carrier or even demanded from the better carrier partnerships, haven’t times changed?
    11-14-19 03:20 PM
    After the BBMo debacle with lack of carrier support, why does anyone look at brands that don’t have a strong carrier locked presence? I understand the desire for the factory unlocked when updates pushed out faster and were cheaper. Now that most carriers block certain enhanced calling features and updates are better pushed by certain OEMs regardless of the carrier or even demanded from the better carrier partnerships, haven’t times changed?
    I wouldn't go near a carrier phone with a 100' pole.

Telus provides Wi-Fi calling to any compatible phone on its network anyway.
    11-14-19 03:38 PM
    Unless it was a BlackBerry that you could only get through carriers.
    11-14-19 03:42 PM
    Happily paying only $40 a month for my prepaid plan with 6g data and switching phones any time I want to.
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-14-19 03:43 PM

Telus provides Wi-Fi calling to any compatible phone on its network anyway.
    Do you ever have to do without the extras there or is that just down here?
    11-14-19 03:46 PM
    Do you ever have to do without the extras there or is that just down here?
    Not sure what other extras there are.
    11-14-19 03:47 PM
    Not sure what other extras there are.
    Primarily WFC but it was all the non basic features before. VoLTE and Mobile hotspot varies depending on unlocked device or carrier.
    11-14-19 03:50 PM
    Primarily WFC but it was all the non basic features before. VoLTE and Mobile hotspot varies depending on unlocked device or carrier.
    Oh. We get all that other stuff without issue either. No carrier-branded phone required.
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-14-19 03:56 PM
    Oh. We get all that other stuff without issue either. No carrier-branded phone required.
    Well that explains it. Back in 2015-2016 I started the move off carrier like I tried back in 2010-2011 also. I didn’t get very far. Three of seven devices and now it’s not even worth it. Maybe if and when all my kids are gone.
    11-14-19 04:01 PM
    I haven’t bought a phone from a carrier in about 5 years. Best move I ever made.
    rarsen likes this.
    11-14-19 04:05 PM