There's no reason to, BB has device search built right in and it does the same thing. But seriously, who would think searching for an app is faster than pressing one key after assigning a shortcut?? Open app dialer and type youtube? Or simply press the y key on my keyboard. I don't know, this is a tough decision... :-P
    I haven't even used it but from what I gather, those shortcuts only work on the home screen with the BB launcher. App dialer works everywhere. But everyone's needs are different and has different ways of getting things done...I'll often see a glimpse of a colleagues homescreen and catch myself thinking WTF?!

Posted via CB10
    06-13-17 11:23 AM
    For example, I put nav buttons on the first row and the blue square icon launches dialer widget. It works by swiping in anywhere except when the notification shade is pulled.
    Attached Thumbnails Need KEYone Performance Feedback-79745.jpg  
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-13-17 11:43 AM
    Hello,

In my personal point of view it's a good device.

Compared to the Priv (different OS, same annimation settings) with same apps, I find the Keyone a little bit slower.

I find the screen refresh rate in some screen a little slow (in settings panel for example) maybe due to the fact I set up all fonts size to the smalest size.

However it's a good device, maybe not good as my Classic but a good one.

Kr,
    Moo
    06-14-17 03:04 AM
    I haven't even used it but from what I gather, those shortcuts only work on the home screen with the BB launcher. App dialer works everywhere. But everyone's needs are different and has different ways of getting things done...I'll often see a glimpse of a colleagues homescreen and catch myself thinking WTF?!

Posted via CB10
    But in the time it takes you to use that shortcut then start typing out the name of the app, you could have simply pressed the home button and the one button shortcut, done a search on the app, watched the video, eaten a sandwich, gone to sleep, waken up, gone to work, and gone home already... lol
    06-14-17 02:20 PM
    For example, I put nav buttons on the first row and the blue square icon launches dialer widget. It works by swiping in anywhere except when the notification shade is pulled.
    That's pretty much like Pie Control. That seems like it would be nice to have IN ADDITION to the keyboard shortcuts, but definitely not in place of them...
    06-14-17 02:22 PM
    That's pretty much like Pie Control. That seems like it would be nice to have IN ADDITION to the keyboard shortcuts, but definitely not in place of them...
    It IS pie control but on steroids.

I have a feeling I'm wrong about the shortcuts only working in BB launcher. There must be apps for other android phones with keyboards, that lets you program shortcuts to work in other launchers

Posted via CB10
    06-14-17 02:50 PM
    It IS pie control but on steroids.

I have a feeling I'm wrong about the shortcuts only working in BB launcher. There must be apps for other android phones with keyboards, that lets you program shortcuts to work in other launchers

Posted via CB10
    Oh right, I forgot you mentioning pie control before. I thought that whole thing was app dialer, so you just set app dialer as one of the shortcuts on pie control. Now I got it. I just have 3 most used apps on pie control, the rest on keyboard shortcuts. Pressing home and pressing a key is definitely faster than typing out a name after opening up app dialer, at least for me... Basically the time you spent going to the app dialer would have been exactly the same as the time spent pressing the home button.
    06-14-17 03:15 PM
    Hi All,

Just had the Key 1 for a week. Love the keyboard, btw. Several nuances that I noted.
    1. The home "O" is near the keyboard, so fat fingers keep bringing up the home screen when typing, esp "T" and "Y".
    2. Double tab zoom. this is I mean Double tab zoom. Really big. Just remember to double tab to zoom out.
    3. Copy text. Tried to copy & paste an email address within the text, but could find the Copy option by selecting and holding on. Nothing happens. It works in regular text in web pages.
    4. Performance. Fast enough. Like someone said performance is how fast you get to do the stuff you want to. The Keyboard and flick auto complete is great. Sure beats IOS's annoying auto-spell...backspace backspace backspace backspace...

Dear BB, this one is getting there. Good job.
    06-15-17 08:19 AM
    ^^ for. 3, it should be at the very top of the screen

Posted via CB10
    06-15-17 09:18 AM
    When I got it, it had a bit of a chunky feel to it performance wise. Since turning on developer options and changing the animations to .5x, the KEYone flies. I wasn't a fan of the animations either - they felt cheap.

Phone is very responsive, no dreaded lag when using Snapchat and Google Maps. It transitions between apps and inner-app between tabs smoothly.

Battery life and screen quality bows me away
    06-15-17 10:26 AM
    When I got it, it had a bit of a chunky feel to it performance wise. Since turning on developer options and changing the animations to .5x, the KEYone flies. I wasn't a fan of the animations either - they felt cheap.

Phone is very responsive, no dreaded lag when using Snapchat and Google Maps. It transitions between apps and inner-app between tabs smoothly.

Battery life and screen quality bows me away
    To be fair, Snapchat is poison on any phone
    06-15-17 11:00 AM
    Runs fine on the Pixel and KEYone.
    06-15-17 11:12 AM
    I'm one hour out of my home city and I get 2 bars of LTE. I have never gotten LTE this far out of town. The LTE reception seems good.
    06-15-17 11:39 AM
    Even on the Priv the newer builds are tons better and is actually usable.

I haven't had to wait minutes to wait for Snapchat to finish loading for some time now.
    06-15-17 02:54 PM
    Even on the Priv the newer builds are tons better and is actually usable.

I haven't had to wait minutes to wait for Snapchat to finish loading for some time now.
    The app is still garbage. Like putting hot sauce on a dead skunk to make it more palatable

Posted via CB10
    06-15-17 03:02 PM
    I'm very pleased with the performance. it's extremely snappy - I've never felt lag or heat issues. which was a little hard to believe before I had it in my hands as the priv is not nearly as smooth and heats up at times. now I replaced my priv on a 1 year warranty replacement in December '16 and it was much much better than the first but still ran a little warm on updates or any games which was rare for me.

back to the k1. Its is very smooth which I think is a major factor in good productivity. you'll be pleased with the performance if youre not looking to game.
    06-17-17 07:51 PM
66 123