Smooth performance so far for me. It barely lags (only one incident in two days so far). Of course it will open apps slower than the top phones, but probably not by much, not enough to irritate you at least (if you focus on non-graphic intense apps like productivity)
    06-12-17 12:49 PM
    If you are used to using flagship phones, since you have an S8+, there will be times you will be disappointed with its performance. Overall it runs great though, shortcuts and battery are great.
    I disagree. The KEYone is an OVERALL better performer than the S8. Watch the following video:

06-12-17 12:52 PM
    I disagree. The KEYone is an OVERALL better performer than the S8. Watch the following video:

I'd say it's pretty close. I do like the 625 chip. My phone has it also.
    06-12-17 12:58 PM
    I'd say it's pretty close. I do like the 625 chip. My phone has it also.
    Very close. The KEYone seems to have better memory management. Read the comments at the bottom of the video. People overwhelmingly gave it to the KEYone.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-12-17 01:05 PM
    Very close. The KEYone seems to have better memory management. Read the comments at the bottom of the video. People overwhelmingly gave it to the KEYone.
    Yes. Moto uses close to stock Android also.
    06-12-17 01:07 PM

In one video, look I am not knocking it, I own two of them. In my day to day usage, they don't perform as well, but they perform pretty good overall.
    06-12-17 01:15 PM
    Those of you saying it's the fastest phone in the market.

You have used every other phone ever made? I highly doubt it.
    We judge the device by how many taps/swipe gestures it takes to perform our most common tasks. Not how quickly it loads subway surfer.
    06-12-17 01:59 PM
    We judge the device by how many taps/swipe gestures it takes to perform our most common tasks. Not how quickly it loads subway surfer.
    Maybe most efficient for you then. What's subway surfer?
    06-12-17 02:34 PM
    All he's saying is the keyone isn't the fastest phone on the market and he's right. You can also get something like app dialer on any phone to open any of your apps in 2 clicks and you don't need to be on the homescreen to do it. And you can use any launcher

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-12-17 03:18 PM
    how do you check if there's a software upstate please
    06-12-17 03:34 PM
    All he's saying is the keyone isn't the fastest phone on the market and he's right. You can also get something like app dialer on any phone to open any of your apps in 2 clicks and you don't need to be on the homescreen to do it. And you can use any launcher

Posted via CB10
    Keyone is the fastest android device. Not as fast as bb10 qwertys but works with more apps. BlackBerry has put some of their 38,000 smartphone pioneer patents to good use in android.

Seriously though im curious about other devices and test them often. Although ive become dismissive of late and find most tech tubers to be clueless.
    Prove app dialer is faster than this please...

And this...
    Last edited by mikeydodds; 06-12-17 at 06:11 PM.
    06-12-17 04:12 PM
    OK. It's the fastest phone ever.
    06-12-17 04:15 PM
    Don't have any video proof atm but I'd recommend downloading app dialer in conjunction with pie control and just trying it out for a bit. It's a very useful tool that doesn't restrict you to a particular launcher.

And IDK if it's fair to say the keyone is the best phone ever if the screen keeps popping off

Posted via CB10
    06-12-17 04:37 PM
    Been watching app dialer videos.

Can't see any benefit to using it unless I want to unassign the BlackBerry device search from my convenience key. But it works on the keyone in conjunction with the BlackBerry launcher anyway. So it wasn't a valid reason to disagree with me in the first place.
    06-12-17 05:37 PM
    And IDK if it's fair to say the keyone is the best phone ever if the screen keeps popping off

Posted via CB10
    Well i'll do my best to ensure the screen pops off just before the 12 month warranty expires so that I get a brand new replacement for free.

Deleted pie controller yesterday Found it to be unstable. Might try it again in conjunction with our workplace app shortcuts soon.

Pie controller also works with the BlackBerry launcher. So it's not a valid alternative to the BlackBerry launcher.

You havent provided a valid alternative to prove me wrong.
    06-12-17 05:42 PM
    Been watching app dialer videos.

Can't see any benefit to using it unless I want to unassign the BlackBerry device search from my convenience key. But it works on the keyone in conjunction with the BlackBerry launcher anyway. So it wasn't a valid reason to disagree with me in the first place.
    You don't need to unassign anything. It can be launched with pie control when you swipe in from the side
    06-12-17 06:11 PM
    Well i'll do my best to ensure the screen pops off just before the 12 month warranty expires so that I get a brand new replacement for free.

Deleted pie controller yesterday Found it to be unstable. Might try it again in conjunction with our workplace app shortcuts soon.

Pie controller also works with the BlackBerry launcher. So it's not a valid alternative to the BlackBerry launcher.

You havent provided a valid alternative to prove me wrong.
    I'm just here to chew the fat, not prove anybody wrong
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-12-17 06:12 PM
    I'm just here to chew the fat, not prove anybody wrong
    Stop misleading readers please.
    06-12-17 06:19 PM
    Stop misleading readers please.
    What's misleading?
    06-12-17 07:38 PM
    What's misleading?
    Untruths.
    06-12-17 08:03 PM
    Untruths.
    Nonsense. Just alternative facts.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-17 08:09 PM
    Nonsense. Just alternative facts.

Posted via CB10
    Fake news.
    06-12-17 08:18 PM
    Don't have any video proof atm but I'd recommend downloading app dialer in conjunction with pie control and just trying it out for a bit. It's a very useful tool that doesn't restrict you to a particular launcher.

Posted via CB10
    The screen keeps popping off? Mine hasn't popped off once yet. ;-)
    06-13-17 09:45 AM
    You don't need to unassign anything. It can be launched with pie control when you swipe in from the side
    There's no reason to, BB has device search built right in and it does the same thing. But seriously, who would think searching for an app is faster than pressing one key after assigning a shortcut?? Open app dialer and type youtube? Or simply press the y key on my keyboard. I don't know, this is a tough decision... :-P
    06-13-17 09:52 AM
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I am going to sit out this round of KeyOne shipments because of the screen lifting issues and software bugs that need to be ironed out. I had enough mess with the Passport and screen lifting. Not going through that again. When TCL puts out new devices I will consider it. I’m glad to hear that the performance is generally okay. I would have preferred 4GB of memory but I think it’s a SoC limitation.
    Probably sitting this one out too. Hopefully they release a KEYtwo including a premium tier with more RAM and next year's SD6xx update.
    06-13-17 09:54 AM
66 123