Just my first day on KeyOne and was going through the tutorials for the sake of it.

Just how Passport let's you swipe down to quickly launch virtual keypad to input numbers, the tutorial covers it but for some reason this doesn't work on my phone. Either I'm doing something wrong or its my phone.

Can someone verify this? Swipe down on a text field, it should pop-up symbols dialog. I can do the needful by hitting the Sym button but not via swipe down.

For reference, go to BlackBerry Help and click on Keyboard section. Then go to "Type numbers and symbols".
    See what you can do.
    05-01-17 07:32 AM
    Here is the screenshot of the example
    Attached Thumbnails Need help on Keyboard swipe down for Numbers-2404.jpg  
    05-01-17 07:35 AM
    Just my first day on KeyOne and was going through the tutorials for the sake of it.

Just how Passport let's you swipe down to quickly launch virtual keypad to input numbers, the tutorial covers it but for some reason this doesn't work on my phone. Either I'm doing something wrong or its my phone.

Can someone verify this? Swipe down on a text field, it should pop-up symbols dialog. I can do the needful by hitting the Sym button but not via swipe down.

For reference, go to BlackBerry Help and click on Keyboard section. Then go to "Type numbers and symbols".
    See what you can do.
    I am not entirely sure, but you have to enable that through the settings I believe

Posted via CB10
    05-01-17 07:50 AM
    I am not entirely sure, but you have to enable that through the settings I believe

Posted via CB10
    I think the Help is incorrect. It must be old help that was used for PRIV too. I have seen through all settings and can't find a way.

The only way I can make it work if I allow Virtual Keyboard.
    05-01-17 07:54 AM
    Paging @Bla1ze maybe can help you bro
    05-01-17 07:58 AM
    Hmm, the question is does the K1 have a swipe down for virtual keyboard similar to that on the Passport. Look at the 4 row keyboard with alt, shift, and symbol key, I doubt that there is. So the tutorial could just be a ridiculous copy & paste job.
    But I could be wrong.

Posted from my  Passport
    05-01-17 08:33 AM
    The only way I can make it work if I allow Virtual Keyboard.
    You can allow the virtual keyboard? I was hoping you could. It's still useful if I only have one had to type with.
    05-01-17 08:41 AM
    Paging @Bla1ze maybe can help you bro
    Yeah, I've tried this as well and couldn't get it working unless I allowed the VKB to show all the time.
    05-01-17 12:13 PM
    Yeah, I've tried this as well and couldn't get it working unless I allowed the VKB to show all the time.
    Well, that's a dealbreaker for me.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-17 01:35 PM
    Well, that's a dealbreaker for me.

Posted via CB10
    No, it isn't.

Posted via CB10
    TymelRory likes this.
    05-01-17 01:36 PM
    No, it isn't.

Posted via CB10
    Don't argue with me.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3641385) and brookie229 like this.
    05-01-17 01:36 PM
    Thanks for confirming me. Perhaps it'll be patched in future builds.
    05-01-17 04:21 PM
    Don't argue with me.

Posted via CB10
    Lol. Although we have a Sym button that works fine. If you want to input series of symbols or numbers, then one needs to use the on-screen keyboard.

Unlike Passport, you can't use physical keyboard and use the corresponding keys to input symbols displayed on the virtual screen. I think it's just a matter of getting used to.
    05-01-17 04:25 PM
    Don't argue with me.

Posted via CB10
    When you have no one to talk to

Posted via CB10
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    05-01-17 04:42 PM
    Just an FYI, this works for the priv. Surprised it's not working on keyone
    05-01-17 06:19 PM
    Here is the screenshot of the example
    Works on the priv too 😀
    05-01-17 06:33 PM
    Works on the priv too 😀
    Yes and that's why I thought it was a copy paste tutorial. PRIV also has home button gesture shortcut for BlackBerry Hub that has been removed. So not everything that worked on PRIV would work here.

Overall, the KeyOne is a much better device.
    05-01-17 07:05 PM
    Yes and that's why I thought it was a copy paste tutorial. PRIV also has home button gesture shortcut for BlackBerry Hub that has been removed. So not everything that worked on PRIV would work here.

Overall, the KeyOne is a much better device.
    Yeah, apparently they've removed the 3 swipe options. Hopefully it'll come back.
    05-01-17 07:13 PM
    That sucks, I was hoping for that virtual row of numbers and symbols. I can't stand using the alt or sym key
    05-01-17 07:19 PM
    really why would they change that, I use that all the time on my PRIV
    05-01-17 07:39 PM
    really why would they change that, I use that all the time on my PRIV
    They also removed the 3 swipe gestures. I use the dtek60 now, but when I used the Priv I also used that feature. Hopefully, they can bring these features back.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-17 08:12 PM
    They also removed the 3 swipe gestures. I use the dtek60 now, but when I used the Priv I also used that feature. Hopefully, they can bring these features back.

Posted via CB10
    I guess i would have to see when i get the phone
    05-01-17 08:30 PM
    Lol. Although we have a Sym button that works fine. If you want to input series of symbols or numbers, then one needs to use the on-screen keyboard.

Unlike Passport, you can't use physical keyboard and use the corresponding keys to input symbols displayed on the virtual screen. I think it's just a matter of getting used to.
    I agree. We all managed just fine with our bolds and curves so, no biggie.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 12:52 AM
    CBK had this feature working in his smart keyboard video when he was using his pre-production unit.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 06:10 PM
    CBK had this feature working in his smart keyboard video when he was using his pre-production unit.

Posted via CB10
    I just watched the video and you are correct CBK did have this feature in the the smartest smartphone keyboard video. I wonder why it was removed?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 08:17 PM
26 12